For those that dont know what's happening, the Scavenger Hunt revealed cover art and album name

Comments

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    TA243471 said:
    Is there any thought that tomorrow there might be several more cities with different billboards?  Message says starting today look for Pearl Jam in cities around the world.  Almost sounds like there might be more than 1 day of this.  Also, that is just 1 photo of something they are concerned with, but by an artist, so possibly not an album cover?
    I also have the feeling there is more to this. I hope the whole weekend is filled with more hints 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    TA243471 said:
    Is there any thought that tomorrow there might be several more cities with different billboards?  Message says starting today look for Pearl Jam in cities around the world.  Almost sounds like there might be more than 1 day of this.  Also, that is just 1 photo of something they are concerned with, but by an artist, so possibly not an album cover?
    I have been thinking this is going to be a week long hunt  and ending with an album announcement 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • TripleBTripleB Posts: 65
    mace1229 said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I think that San Diego one is actually LA.  
    It is...Venice Beach. I lived on the corner of Venice and Lincoln until a few years ago! Why didnt they do this then?
    I’m actually parked on Lincoln right in front of the picture right now. 
  • Ray77Ray77 Posts: 1
    edited January 2020
    unfortunately the closest location to me in Tucson, AZ is in Los Angeles.
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453
    So, the question is... will anyone try to get to more than one of the locations? #pjfansbecrazy
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Paul Nicklen has a great portfolio of work. Not entirely sure this image is the album artwork. Could be that they put a different image out there for each track. You can buy prints of this photo btw, if anyone is interested.
  • KV4053 said:
    stanudes said:
    Thanks. You blew my PC speakers
    I had headphones on :(
  • LizJLizJ Posts: 347
    I guess that the Pics through the Lenses will change over time. Wonder whats technically possible (like new Hints to new Songs)? So if you live close to a Billboard plz check again today 😬. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited January 2020
    Olivavu said:
    11 points on the map. 11th album.

hoping more places will pop up with other clues.

Because all the places had the exact same thing at them?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    Olivavu said:
    11 points on the map. 11th album.

hoping more places will pop up with other clues.

Because all the places had the exact same thing at them?
    Well the way the lens works they all have to be the same right? It says “find this image” so if they wanted a different image/poster at each location they would need a different lens I would think.
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    KV4053 said:
    stanudes said:
    Thanks. You blew my PC speakers
    Lucky speakers. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 695
    I think this tour and album will influence many fans to think about how their carbon footprint impacts the planet. I used the carbon footprint calculator I found in one of these threads and learned that even though I am vegan; since i drive 50,000 miles per year for my job; I still need to plant 236 trees per year to offset my carbon footprint. THAT was a real eye- opener.

Andrew
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,389
    Drdeal said:
    I think this tour and album will influence many fans to think about how their carbon footprint impacts the planet. I used the carbon footprint calculator I found in one of these threads and learned that even though I am vegan; since i drive 50,000 miles per year for my job; I still need to plant 236 trees per year to offset my carbon footprint. THAT was a real eye- opener.

Andrew
    Do you still have the link? I don’t drive at all so am curious what mine will look like.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Drdeal said:

Andrew
    I hope so...but would love to see the carbon footprint this scavenger hunt is causing!!! Honey hop in the car we’re driving two states over to point our phone at a billboard! This is awesome marketing but the countdown for LB on the website was more my speed.
  • swalton24swalton24 Posts: 9
    edited January 2020
    This has been a blast/hilarious to read all the theories. My firm belief: This is an album announcement. The name of the album is Gigaton. That is the cover of the album. 11 cities marked, 11th album. Worth the wait PJ, thank you! I am VERY aroused.
    Post edited by swalton24 on
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,461
    Still can’t get my head around Gigaton as an album name and I‘ve been saying that name a lot to myself since yesterday 😄 just doesn’t sound like an album name at all 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    JPPJ84 said:
    Still can’t get my head around Gigaton as an album name and I‘ve been saying that name a lot to myself since yesterday 😄 just doesn’t sound like an album name at all 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Try saying it like "reggaeton" and it seems even cooler
    pjl44 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Try saying it like "reggaeton" and it seems even cooler
    It rather reminds me of Megatron ;)
  • ejk1280ejk1280 Posts: 84
    Drdeal said:

Andrew
    In all seriousness what percent of the concert crowd goes in with one thought on climate change, carbon footprint, global warming or whatever other theory is floating around and leaves with a different mindset on it?

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    ejk1280 said:
    Drdeal said:

Andrew
    In all seriousness what percent of the concert crowd goes in with one thought on climate change, carbon footprint, global warming or whatever other theory is floating around and leaves with a different mindset on it?

people who are already of the mindset can also be more inspired/motivated to do things. Not everything they do is about converting belIefs
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,606
    JPPJ84 said:
    Gigaton kinds of sounds like the name of an Autobot or Decepticon.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • JPPJ84 said:
    I don’t like it either but oh well. It’s about how the songs are, not what the album title is. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • D-Rod said:
    TA243471 said:
    I have been thinking this is going to be a week long hunt  and ending with an album announcement 
    I also think there’s more. I don’t know what, maybe something different, but the email said “Starting today.” To me, that means this is just the beginning of something.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • spryguy09spryguy09 Posts: 446
    What’s the name of the artist & photo for the glacier photo?  I know I’ve seen it discussed but can’t find it now.  Thanks. 
    Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
    Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,895
    swalton24 said:
    This has been a blast/hilarious to read all the theories. My firm belief: This is an album announcement. The name of the album is Gigaton. That is the cover of the album. 11 cities marked, 11th album. Worth the wait PJ, thank you! I am VERY aroused.

I really hope Gigaton is a song so I can hear Ed sing that on tour. 
    What rhymes with Gigaton?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Megatron, Cornichon, father and son
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    on2legs said:
    swalton24 said:

I really hope Gigaton is a song so I can hear Ed sing that on tour. 
    What rhymes with Gigaton?
    Fig Newton. If ya say it to the same tune. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016