Options

For those that dont know what's happening, the Scavenger Hunt revealed cover art and album name

Comments

• Options
    If the pulse represents the Earth's pulse.. should have had it redline and be flat as you move to the right of the image
    Good call 
    Good call indeed! And if you watch the animation in the IG story, it flatlines and then takes a nosedive at the end 
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    Has anyone done the Sydney location? Find it interesting that the icon is upside down. 
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,541
    Has anyone done the Sydney location? Find it interesting that the icon is upside down. 
    Yes, there is a pic of that, but its not in this thread.  The icon is upside down there, because its a heart, not a flame. Australia already has enough fire. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Copied from the other thread. 

Made it down to the Sydney poster!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,412
    It could just be the lead single? It doesn’t feel very album-ish. Either way very happy with all the rumblings! 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    ChoskaChoska Posts: 121
    It’s on 1st Ave near Vine St in Seattle, a bit off from the marker. It was POURING down rain as we were pointing our phones at this wall. Was the sound the waterfall from the glacier? No, just a typical winter day in Seattle. 
    I was there. Fucking freezing. 
    Seattle 1992Seattle 1992Seattle 1993Seattle 1995Seattle 1996Seattle 1998Seattle 2001Seattle 2002Seattle 2005Gorge 2006Seattle 2009Seattle 2013Chicago 2016 x2Seattle 2018 x2San Diego 2022Nashville 2022, Seattle 2022 - Eddie Vedder

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    matt84 said:
    People are just presuming that’s the album artwork. There has been no confirmation that it is. Personally I don’t think it is.
    Its either the album artwork, or the new single artwork. 

So either there is a new single called "Gigaton" or a new album called "Gigaton".  Or...like Lightning Bolt...both. 

I think the consensus was that this was a new album.  It could very well be a single, but  they already released one single, with no album news.  I doubt they would release a single this way, this is more like an album reveal.   But yeah, nothing is set it stone.  With all the hints, I think most people think its the album. 
    Gigaton feels bigger than just a song. It seems like the idea is to try and get an overall theme across and an album name feels like the right fit. However, the album could be called Gigaton and have a single called Gigaton, and this could be the single’s artwork 
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It could just be the lead single? It doesn’t feel very album-ish. Either way very happy with all the rumblings! 

The lead single was Can't Deny Me.   You can't deny that. :)

But why would they put up 11 billboards across the globe, with a new app lens....just for a single?  Seems like more of an album feel. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Are they teasing an Antarctica show?  Its about damn time!
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    The music sounds like great stage entry music 
    Reminds me of Pendulum in that aspect.
  • Options
    tish said:
    A young activist cited a specific number of gigatons of CO2 which can be emitted before we reach the tipping point. Coldplay has decided to NOT tour their next album until they DO NOT cause higher emissions AND find a way to make the planet better. I wonder how many gigatons of carbon dioxide emissions Pearl Jam has created??? I was disappointed on this site when Coldplay's activism went unmentioned and members jumped on the touring band wagon.

... in case you don’t know that already, maybe have a look at this:
    https://pearljam.com/acts/carbon

:) 

tish said:
    A young activist cited a specific number of gigatons of CO2 which can be emitted before we reach the tipping point. Coldplay has decided to NOT tour their next album until they DO NOT cause higher emissions AND find a way to make the planet better. I wonder how many gigatons of carbon dioxide emissions Pearl Jam has created??? I was disappointed on this site when Coldplay's activism went unmentioned and members jumped on the touring band wagon.

tish said:

tish said:

tish said:

tish said:

You all beat me!

They've been doing this a while now.....they just don't need attention for it like Coldplay.
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Yes, there is a pic of that, but its not in this thread.  The icon is upside down there, because its a heart, not a flame. Australia already has enough fire. 
    Yes well done PJ marketing / tech team! 
  • Options
    jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    euchrid said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Yes well done PJ marketing / tech team! 
    Hey, I went to the Sydney one. That's me with my son in the photo.
    Yeah I also wondered about Sydney's pin being different to the others. I agree that it may be because of the fires here.

Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I think it's great way to use their clout... "Condition critical" indeed.
  • Options
    JG108535JG108535 Posts: 184
    Really hope the Not a gig theory is correct.
    Cant say that I was in the least bit excited about shows in just those locations.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,845
    tish said:

tish said:

tish said:

tish said:

tish said:

tish said:

You all beat me!

They've been doing this a while now.....they just don't need attention for it like Coldplay.
    Jesus! Peanuts! I call Uncle! I may have the highest tolerance, but enough whippings already! I didn't think offsetting carbon emission by purchasing credits or whatever the difference between the 2 bands' form of helping were the same thing!
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    I'm excited for a new album,  and a new tour!  Can't wait to Spin the black circle!  I can smell the new album smell already. 
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,362

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I like the image, was a little concerned they might have gone really simplistic on this with the hearts and flames image we saw earlier but this is quite cool. Not mad on the band font but Im in the minority on that and its just opinion. It was cool to see the twitter video of it actually working.
  • Options
    If the pulse represents the Earth's pulse.. should have had it redline and be flat as you move to the right of the image
    Good call 
    Good call indeed! And if you watch the animation in the IG story, it flatlines and then takes a nosedive at the end 

Interesting! I will check that out
  • Options
    I'm holding off assuming this is the album cover and name... I'd be curious to see if the video that plays with the filter changes tomorrow... I could see the ice melt getting progressively worse each day until the official album announcement - presumably on Monday.  I just have my doubts right now that this is the album cover - especially given that it isn't their original artwork.  Also, seems like quite a waste of a campaign / filter just to have it come alive like that and then be all done and over with. 
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,616
    Binaural wasn’t their original artwork either.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    yeah, too gimmicky for me.  laterz
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    vaggar99 said:
    yeah, too gimmicky for me.  laterz

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

Sorry... could not resist.. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    veruzveruz Posts: 23

The 1 Gigaton Coalition aims to measure and report reductions of greenhouse gas emissions resulting from renewable energy and energy efficiency initiatives and programmes that are not accounted for in the Emissions Gap Report, which are estimated to be 1 GtCO2e by 2020.

• Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,223
    Is there any thought that tomorrow there might be several more cities with different billboards?  Message says starting today look for Pearl Jam in cities around the world.  Almost sounds like there might be more than 1 day of this.  Also, that is just 1 photo of something they are concerned with, but by an artist, so possibly not an album cover?
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2