Pearl Jam & Eddie Vedder Ohana Fest 2021 Sept 24-26

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332

• So the question is.....do they sell tickets before announcing the lineup?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    So the question is.....do they sell tickets before announcing the lineup?
    They've never done that in the past.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    My Morning Jacket please
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    My Morning Jacket please
    +1. Rumored to be active this fall too, I think. 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I want so bad to go to this one year. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    EV should invite Black Circle to be his backing band on a few PJ tunes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Ohana lineup was announced on the first Monday of March last year. Ohana's socials just posted "something's on the horizon..."

Guessing we get full lineup on Monday, 3-2.
  • wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 466
    Any rumors on the headliners? 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Really would enjoy going to this festival again sometime so I hope there is no end in sight for it. Planning another fall trip out of the country so will have to skip this year. I highly recommend going to anyone who hasn't. Such a cool set-up and low key vibe up until the headliners hit the stage. Cheap AirBnB's all over and cheap airfare in to San Diego, at least for me. Just did the one day pass and then chilled the other 3 days we were in Cali.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • I would be surprised if anything further is announced before the world gets a handle on the corona virus.  I wouldn’t get my hopes up for a ticket sale any time soon.

I attended this festival in 18 and 19 and very much enjoyed it both times.  It’s a really great spot.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • PhilLeotardoPhilLeotardo Posts: 78
    edited February 2020
    I think the early March announcement last year was headliners only with the remaining acts announced a few weeks later. That's my guess for Monday. Also....
    -Been the last 2 years. Scheduled around it this year.... seconded on all sentiments here. Fun to watch Eddie act as a sort of master of ceremonies. In '18 he got on the small (Tiki) stage right after the gates opened, BS'ed with the couple of hundred of us that were in right away and did a little performance of "Porch" before handing off to the first act.

-Definitely came away as a fan of acts I hadn't considered before- Plague Vendor, Lauren Ruth Ward (who I will be seeing again), Erin Rae (got to chat with briefly after)...

-Speculation on this year's? Was kinda hoping PJ as a sort of a 5th year celebration, especially given the probability of fall touring. Neil Young would be great, as mentioned earlier. Usually a fair amount of alt-country/folk type artists... I'll go with Jason Isbell, Brandi Carlisle, Ben Harper, Gary Clark Jr, Cat Power, Angel Olsen as either artists with ties or just...available. Maybe Faith No More? Tour ends a week before. Would like to see Waxahatchee. Kim Gordon....
    I'll say Foo Fighters as D3 headliner as something to throw at the wall. 

Also, if you haven't been before but are seriously considering going, PM me for a thought on lodging. 
    Post edited by PhilLeotardo on
  • There's usually a fair amount of Southern Cal artists as well so, without checking availability, I'll guess Silversun Pickups and the Growlers.
    Full lineup for 2019 was announced 3/4/2019.
  • peacepeace Posts: 55
    Have been last 3 years. This is the only festival I enjoy going to. Vibe is chill and weather is always perfect. Ed is great at curating new artists who appreciate the exposure. Some favorites from past years; Plague Vendor, Glen Hansard, The Frights and my absolute favorite... Dave Hause and The Mermaids. 
    Would love to see Jane’s and MMJ on this lineup.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    Last year ton of fun.... easy, relaxed vibe 
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    edited February 2020
    Seriously considering travelling from the UK for this festival. Would personally love to see Lana Del Rey headline. I know she’s already done it though so maybe unlikely. Norman Fucking Rockwell was my favourite album of last year and gutted she cancelled he European tour.

Would love Ben Harper too.
    Post edited by matt84 on
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040

• tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Looks like they're gonna build a poster on their IG feed over the next few days, based on the last 2 posts fitting like puzzle pieces.
    https://www.instagram.com/theohanafest/

• gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Monday announcement! 
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    If PJ headline (which I think is very likely), do we think Ed will still do his solo evening? I hope so!