Australia on fire🔥😷

Comments

• rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    It's raining 🤗 lots of it😁
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    It's raining 🤗 lots of it😁
    Finally!!!
    This is what real heroes look like... I'm so in awe of their courage I don't know how they keep calm it is seriously like hell on earth in these fire fronts

https://www.facebook.com/111416688885713/posts/3379579202069429/
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    hell on Earth
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    I have never been so happy to see rain! And I'm from Wales originally so you'd think I would've seen enough in my lifetime!

My 5 year old was singing in the car this morning: "Rain, rain, go away. Go to where the bushfires are"  :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    I have never been so happy to have fresh air. Until the smoke returns yet again in a few days.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    goldrush said:
    I have never been so happy to see rain! And I'm from Wales originally so you'd think I would've seen enough in my lifetime!

My 5 year old was singing in the car this morning: "Rain, rain, go away. Go to where the bushfires are"  :)
    I have little green grass shoots coming up in my dead lawn😁
    I have never been so happy to have fresh air. Until the smoke returns yet again in a few days.
    Was a bit smokey at home this morning even with the rain. The hills that burnt near me 2 months ago were steaming from the rain. Must have been extremely hot underground for a long time
    edited January 2020
    Another scorcher today with fires out of control and unfortunately we lost a Canadian Coulson C-130 large air tanker today with 3 American crew on board.. I am so sorry for those who lost their lives today helping us. Devastated is an understatement. It's understood it lost contact and crews on the ground witnessed a crash and fireball. Names have not been released as family are contacted. All LATs have been grounded as a mark of respect and precaution as to what caused the crash. RIP brave angels in the sky this LAT was one of the aircraft that worked on the fire near my home a couple of months ago😔
    Post edited by rhanishane on
    Terribly sad. So sorry they lost their lives helping us.
    😔omg how devastating from 
    From Two Thumbs team.  . .Tragically yesterday (23 January) 3 courageous firefighters lost their lives in a horrific plane crash that landed right next James' property. The crash created a fire that roared through James sanctuary, burning his home to the ground and flattening all of his animal enclosures. The Koala's that James has rescued from these horrible fires and lovingly cared for over the last month have also lost their lives. We are are devastated.Two Thumbs Koala Sanctuary has been lost. It is very hard to find words so Alli just spoke them. Two Thumbs Sanctuary was lost yesterday 23/1 including the release sections that had been saved in previous fires. This is going to hit all the rescuers in the area very hard as it is not only family to them all but a key part of the release infrastructure.

We have had reports that the tragedy is even worse, that the C130 RFS plan that went down losing 3 pilots was right here.

@The Rescue Collective and Animal Rescue Cooperative has made an immediate cash donation of $10000 to the Two Thumbs organisation and begun the convoy and supplies planning for the site. #Petbarnfoundation has contributed to this donation.

This is going to hit a lot of people hard.

Donations to Two Thumbs can be made directly to the go fund me for them here - - - https://www.gofundme.com/f/koala-habitat-and-bushfire-research-fundraiser

Donations to the ARC/TRC team that will be assisting immediately in area can be made here. - - - www.mkc.org.au/donations/trcqld

We will use donation money to fund generators, portable shower, tents, torches, beds and the basics to allow people to live and stay at the site to keep what is left alive- we continue to pour donations out to affected sites in the area

Donations of product WILL be needed, this is the wishlist

Petbarn, Vet & Pet Direct

🐨BIOLAC FORMULAS
    🌱WOMBAROO FORMULAS (Kangaroo, Bat, Koala)
    🐨HARTMANNS / BAXTER FLUIDS
    🌱VETAFARM SPARK FLUIDS
    🐨WOMBAROO IMPACT
    🐨DI-VETALACT
    🌱SYRINGES 1-60ML
    🐨 NUTRIGEL / TROY NUTRIPET
    🐨FEEDING BOTTLES & TEATS (NOT HUMAN)
    🌱VETWRAP / SOFFBAN / MICROPORE TAPE
    🐨 KANGAROO PELLETS (Any type)

🔴NOTE:
    Please note, no linen, no craft, we just need the above items, we have to focus on what is going to help the teams on the ground as fast as possible and we are out of storage space for linen and craft.

Any donations can be sent straight to Alli's team in Canberra at the following emergency drop site so they can start the convoy.

DELIVERY ADDRESS

ARC ACT - ALLI CAIRNS
    Parcel locker 10012 15247
    54 Vicars St
    Mitchell ACT 2911

Nicole Blums
    C/ The Rescue Collective
    4/55 Tenby Street
    Mount Gravatt, 4122
    QLD
    Okay to leave at door 🚪
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    It's been a few days since new postings...how are you all doing? Big hugs.

Falling down,...not staying down
    Fires have reduced due to calmer weather but we are getting another heat wave from tomorrow. So much has burnt already but there is still a lot of bush left. It's not over till there is significant rain. Trees are still burning from the inside after a month.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    My goodness this is terrifying!
    This is why no animals survive
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    that truck watering system is badass.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    that truck watering system is badass.
    Wouldn't be a truck left without it but doesn't always stop the truck catching fire. Just enough to get them through the worst of it to save the occupants
    ACT and nations capital has just declared a state of emergency. Fires bearing down on Canberra with heatwave conditions starting today. Nowhere near over
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    ACT and nations capital has just declared a state of emergency. Fires bearing down on Canberra with heatwave conditions starting today. Nowhere near over

It's just unending down your way.  Terrible!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

It's just unending down your way.  Terrible!
    It's ridiculously hot and tomorrow even hotter. 45degrees Celcius 🔥
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    Maybe already posted, but I love watching these fine efforts to help the animals:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    Maybe already posted, but I love watching these fine efforts to help the animals:

This is the sort of thing the donations are helping with 😊
    Respect to these selfless heroes. They're coming home 🇦🇺🇺🇸♥️🚒✈️
    https://www.facebook.com/623574811372847/posts/943804932683165/
    We are now flooding hahaha Australia for you.. at least we're not burning
    Never mind ‘four seasons in one day’, this is more like 2 catastrophic events in 2 days. From bushfires to extreme flooding in the blink of an eye.

(Tim Rogers)
    I just had to detour my trip from the coast to home because the roads are flooded. Nice to see the charred landscape dotted with some regrowth where I never thought it could possibly grow back. Nature is amazing. Slowly one by one the fires are being fully extinguished by the rain. Heart breaking it came months too late for the animals and people we've lost. 
    My neighbour saw a koala in her backyard which is awesome considering the bush that burnt either side of our town we still have our untouched patch of bushland around us with healthy koalas 
    Our power went out around 4pm on Sunday (it’s 7.45am on Monday now for the non-Aus!). There’s not much natural light in our place due to the trees so it’s been pretty much dark inside since 5pm. My son is loving the candles and torchlight! At least the torrential rain has stopped for now, and the trees are still standing.
    It could be a lot worse, there’s a tropical cyclone hitting WA...

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    Our power went out around 4pm on Sunday (it’s 7.45am on Monday now for the non-Aus!). There’s not much natural light in our place due to the trees so it’s been pretty much dark inside since 5pm. My son is loving the candles and torchlight! At least the torrential rain has stopped for now, and the trees are still standing.
    It could be a lot worse, there’s a tropical cyclone hitting WA...
    And a cyclone hitting new Caledonia on the eastern side.