Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    Didn’t someone say Nashville was 4/2?  The Jackie Robinson reference/clue?  
    Not that I saw. Someone mentioned Jackie Robinson, but it wasn't in reply to any particular comment.
  • Options
    Melzombie said:
    Melzombie said:
    I think I'm confused. I thought West Coast was spring and the rest of the continent in the autumn after Europe. All these posts about eastern time zone cities in the spring has me turned around.
    The rumor has been west coast and midwest and eastern canada for the spring tour I believe.  Sounds like most of the dates will be in march with the tour ending in early April. 
    and swing states in the fall before the election?
    I don't think they will base a tour on swing states for an election.  But based on the routing of the spring tour I think it's easy to conclude that the fall tour will mainly be on the east coast.
    so Nashville not till the fall? 
    No, it's in the spring
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    Phish just had a SXM show at The Met in Philly.
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 865
    D-Rod said:
    biz999 said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    Someone on Facebook just confirmed that Toronto is getting a show in March. Inside source with MLSE apparently. If March is true its not too hard to get the date down to a few options. 
    March 18th is available for a single and March 25th-26th are available for a back to back.  
    So March 18th then since the rumor is Toronto/Hamilton (if ACC was avail 2 days, they'd just leave it setup). And I don't think they would do Toronto, Toronto, Hamilton.
    They did Toronto, Toronto , Hamilton in 2011 , but I agree it’s probably just one show in Toronto and it’s most likely the 18th. 
    March 18-22 First Ontario centre in Hamilton is booked already. Unless they do Hamilton then toronto. Both venues have more open dates in the beginning of march. 
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,068
    Not that I saw. Someone mentioned Jackie Robinson, but it wasn't in reply to any particular comment.
    Yeah but it was posted by the one who had Nashville info awhile back. Pretty sure he was referring to Nashville, but Who knows at this point! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    Yeah but it was posted by the one who had Nashville info awhile back. Pretty sure he was referring to Nashville, but Who knows at this point! 
    Gotcha. I'm hoping Nashville or St. Louis is on a Friday or Saturday. Having 4 school aged kids and a wife who is just as big a PJ fan as me, makes it hard to get to shows mid week during the school year
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,352
    Although if the rumor about them playing a festival in NJ in the fall is accurate then they might not be playing any of the big cities in the northeast in 2020 due to festivals usually having radius clauses.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,817
    mikesbri said:
    D-Rod said:
    biz999 said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    Someone on Facebook just confirmed that Toronto is getting a show in March. Inside source with MLSE apparently. If March is true its not too hard to get the date down to a few options. 
    March 18th is available for a single and March 25th-26th are available for a back to back.  
    So March 18th then since the rumor is Toronto/Hamilton (if ACC was avail 2 days, they'd just leave it setup). And I don't think they would do Toronto, Toronto, Hamilton.
    They did Toronto, Toronto , Hamilton in 2011 , but I agree it’s probably just one show in Toronto and it’s most likely the 18th. 
    March 18-22 First Ontario centre in Hamilton is booked already. Unless they do Hamilton then toronto. Both venues have more open dates in the beginning of march. 
    Oh ya, Disney On Ice comes to Hamilton every March break. Spent many years taking my children to that.  You may be on to something as March 5th, 6th, 9th and 11th are available at Scotiabank arena.  Hamilton is an easier book as it has many opening throughout the month 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Although if the rumor about them playing a festival in NJ in the fall is accurate then they might not be playing any of the big cities in the northeast in 2020 due to festivals usually having radius clauses.
    I don't see them playing Sea Hear Now
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 614
    D-Rod said:
    mikesbri said:
    D-Rod said:
    biz999 said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    Oh ya, Disney On Ice comes to Hamilton every March break. Spent many years taking my children to that.  You may be on to something as March 5th, 6th, 9th and 11th are available at Scotiabank arena.  Hamilton is an easier book as it has many opening throughout the month 
    March 23 - April 2 is open at first Ontario centre. Globetrotters are booked on the April 3
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    Has anyone brought up the idea of PJ playing Coachella? I know it seems unlikely with their recent lean towards pop and hip hop, and with RATM already confirmed, it seems even less unlikely that another “throwback” rock act would perform as a headliner. But my thoughts are that PJ may be waiting for the Coachella lineup to come out (usually early January) before they can announce the rest of the tour. Also, I can’t remember how Dimi worded it, but that would give California their two shows (Coachella takes places over two weekends, with all acts performing BOTH weekends). So maybe the clue doesn’t hint at California having two different cities with shows, but PJ playing twice at the same place. Like I said, I can’t remember how his clue was worded. 

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    I saw RHCP at First Ontario Centre a few years ago.  The show and sound were good.  The food and drink lines were ridiculous.  I hope they have improved on that.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    mikesbri said:
    Toronto in April tough to schedule as Raptors and Leafs should be in the playoffs . Show could get bumped again like 2016. Hoping it's not Roger's centre. 
    Not an issue for the United Center since the Bulls and Blackhawks both suck right now

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,817
    kst said:
    I saw RHCP at First Ontario Centre a few years ago.  The show and sound were good.  The food and drink lines were ridiculous.  I hope they have improved on that.  
    They haven’t.  Only 1 concourse for the upper and lower levels.  Arena was built in the 80’s and feels like it.  
       The sound quality is really good, so that’s  a plus. 
        I was also at the RHCP show.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,352
    Has anyone brought up the idea of PJ playing Coachella? I know it seems unlikely with their recent lean towards pop and hip hop, and with RATM already confirmed, it seems even less unlikely that another “throwback” rock act would perform as a headliner. But my thoughts are that PJ may be waiting for the Coachella lineup to come out (usually early January) before they can announce the rest of the tour. Also, I can’t remember how Dimi worded it, but that would give California their two shows (Coachella takes places over two weekends, with all acts performing BOTH weekends). So maybe the clue doesn’t hint at California having two different cities with shows, but PJ playing twice at the same place. Like I said, I can’t remember how his clue was worded. 
    There's no doubt that Coachella would definitely want them!  I'm sure they have probably tried several times in the past!  Remember that if it weren't for PJ that festival wouldn't exist!  The timing might just line up perfectly this year!  I'd say this is a very good possibility!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    edited December 2019
    Damn, I've always wanted to go to Canada. I better go get my passport ASAP  =)
    Don't ya'll have Tim Hortons everywhere? I love that place. 
    Post edited by Melzombie on
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    Melzombie said:
    TH is unfortunately not what it used to be, so prepare to be bummed out.
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    biz999 said:
    Melzombie said:
    why do you say that? 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    biz999 said:
    Melzombie said:
    North America runs on Dunkin.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    edited December 2019
    Post edited by biz999 on
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    Killing me that the rumors for Nashville are the first weekend of April! Really hoping that's off by a week or two since I'll be in Tampa for Wrestlemania that week. 
  • Options
    I think Dimi already stated no planned shows for may, but bottlerock announces their line up on jan 6.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,526
    JM144705 said:
    Killing me that the rumors for Nashville are the first weekend of April! Really hoping that's off by a week or two since I'll be in Tampa for Wrestlemania that week. 
    do you go to every one?  Were you at MetLife last year?
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,411
    Both weekends of Coachella are sold out already, so...
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    JM144705 said:
    do you go to every one?  Were you at MetLife last year?
    I do and I was, this will be my 9th straight. 
  • Options
    Whoever is planning the dates, I hope they are considering the historical chances of icy and snowy road conditions between stops.  Some areas are quite prone to ice and snow even in early April.  I’d hope they start in California and other southern places and make their way north later in the order.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    kst said:
    Whoever is planning the dates, I hope they are considering the historical chances of icy and snowy road conditions between stops.  Some areas are quite prone to ice and snow even in early April.  I’d hope they start in California and other southern places and make their way north later in the order.
    If they’re worried about icy roads, they ain’t coming to Winnipeg until July

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
     If it coachella 2020 and that's Sold Out- no ten c lotto/tix opportunity for it then? I dnt kno-my coachella days ended aftr '09...im ancient of days
  • Options
    yall really think Pearl Jam could headline Coachella after what that festival has become in just this decade alone? Not a shot.

even if it did happen, why would you want to go? 

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    PJNB said:

U need more confirmation?? ;) 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”