Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,442
    JPPJ84 said:
    New York is one of the beach states! 
    Is that a wish or a statement?
    Plenty of people have confirmed NY. Even seen 3/30 out there as the date. Dimi hasn't confirmed but based on the hints and rumors. I THINK it is one of the 3. 
    ok thanks
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    ed243421 said:
    Thot AL & NC were eliminated 
    Oh mane you’re right!  I thought there was a state bordering FL though
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,066
    bbiggs said:
    MN has beaches. Thousands of them!
    The land of 10,000 beaches 😂
    I don't know of anyone who thinks a beach vacation would be talking about the going to the Great Lakes. A beach borders saltwater like the Atlantic, Pacific, of Gulf of Mexico. 

With CA confirmed, that leaves 2 more. Georgia and NE were ruled out, so it is either OR and WA on the west coast, FL, TX or LA in the south, or one of the other 7 states on the east coast.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    JPPJ84 said:
    New York is one of the beach states! 
    Is that a wish or a statement?
    Plenty of people have suggested NY. Even seen 3/30 out there as the date. Dimi hasn't confirmed but based on the hints and rumors. I THINK it is one of the 3. 
    I must have missed that as well! Straight from dimi himself?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I’m thinking it’s Cali, Texas and either LA, AL or NC for the makeup show.  I have to believe they’ll do their best to get that makeup show done.

but NE/NY/NJ/IL I’m thinking will be fall
    Everyone is forgetting his hints. He said 1 state that borders GA and not FL. It's not going to be multiple states bordering GA. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,616
    Toronto in March eh? Hmm ..  Has the band ever played up here in March? Weird time to play up here during the Canadian Winter months. Well, all the best to the GA folks sleeping outside the ACC. Just hope there isn't any winter storms or flights cancelled going to Toronto. We might have to make the drive down. :) 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,645
     demetrios said:
    Toronto in March eh? Hmm ..  Has the band ever played up here in March? Weird time to play up here during the Canadian Winter months. Well, all the best to the GA folks sleeping outside the ACC. Just hope there isn't any winter storms or flights cancelled going to Toronto. We might have to make the drive down. :) 
    The weather is the X factor for the Canadian shows.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    How bout, how many shows in March?

how many in April?
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    100 Pacer said:
     demetrios said:
    I wonder if they will have outdoor merch set ups?  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    ed243421 said:
    Starts and ends in blue state

3 states with ocean beaches

nashville

st. louis

no may shows

toronto in march

hamilton

cali shows

no new england states

no IN, KY, AL, FL, SC, NC, GA

what else we got?

Dimi shot down Detroit, don’t know if that means Michigan is out or not
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,116
    I’m thinking it’s Cali, Texas and either LA, AL or NC for the makeup show.  I have to believe they’ll do their best to get that makeup show done.

Everyone is forgetting his hints. He said 1 state that borders GA and not FL. It's not going to be multiple states bordering GA. 
    I guess I don't understand why there is hinting.  SC, NC, TN border GA and not FL.  Just say where the fuck it is.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    Based on following this thread over the past few days, some hints dropped on Facebook, and own personal intel I think this is how it plays out:
    Blue state to start
    3 or so shows in easternCanada to follow mid to late March (Hamilton, Toronto, Montreal Maybe?) 
    album release
    A show or two in north east (prob NYC with album promo stuff )
    Memphis to start off April 
    Stops in MO, AZ,
    end in CA 
    Plus some other places mixed in that we have yet to learn. Has Any info shut down on Colorado? 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994

I'll be honest...before looking at a map this morning I don't think I knew that NC borders GA. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,921
    I’m surprised by the lack of NYC being broughtup. There’s no way NYC isn’t getting a spring show. I just can’t see it. 
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Based on following this thread over the past few days, some hints dropped on Facebook, and own personal intel I think this is how it plays out:
    Blue state to start
    3 or so shows in easternCanada to follow mid to late March (Hamilton, Toronto, Montreal Maybe?) 
    album release
    Stops in MO, AZ,
    end in CA 
    Plus some other places mixed in that we have yet to learn. Has Any info shut down on Colorado? 
    Fingers crossed for CO
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    edited December 2019
    Melzombie said:
    who is usually the promoter for PJ shows? like AEG Live, etc.....
    I work in advertising and I have connections to some concert promotion companies. 
    Paul Mercs Concerts  ..*edit* In Canada
    Post edited by euchrid on
  • Options
    Blue state to start
    album release
    Stops in MO, AZ,
    end in CA 
    Based on one of Dimi's hints the tour starts in one of these states: Washington, California, Minnesota, Virginia, New Jersey, or Maryland.  My guess would be either Washington or California.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options

I think it’s Raleigh, NC and it’s gon be the show of the year. 
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Is Grievance going to make a return appearance this coming year?
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options

Nashville has pretty much been confirmed on here already
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    edited December 2019

I hope so. NC needs a makeup! I will be there. I prefer Charlotte, but ya know.. can't be picky. 
    Post edited by Melzombie on
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,645
    Is Grievance going to make a return appearance this coming year?
    God bless the Binaural show.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,389
    edited December 2019
    ed243421 said:
    Starts and ends in blue state

3 states with ocean beaches

nashville

st. louis

no may shows

toronto in march

hamilton

cali shows

no new england states

no IN, KY, AL, FL, SC, NC, GA

what else we got?

No Milwaukee or Detroit, a show close to Montreal. Shows within driving distance from IN/KY (could be Nashville/St. Louis)
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • Options
    RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    demetrios said:
    Lets not over state the winter that happens in Southern Ontario in March. It can get up to 60 degrees in the middle to end of March. You can also have some snow. But we are prepared to handle it. Concerts and hockey games happen all winter long at these venues in Toronto and Hamilton and people manage to get there just fine. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    RF283499 said:
    demetrios said:
    Lets not over state the winter that happens in Southern Ontario in March. It can get up to 60 degrees in the middle to end of March. You can also have some snow. But we are prepared to handle it. Concerts and hockey games happen all winter long at these venues in Toronto and Hamilton and people manage to get there just fine. 
    Nope, sorry, Canada is the arctic.  ;)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,066
    EM194007 said:
    JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    any HOTlanta dates Dimi??
    had to google that...not really
    haha. Anything "close"?

JR86440 said:
    JR86440 said:
    any HOTlanta dates Dimi??
    had to google that...not really
    haha. Anything "close"?

a state next 
    So a couple of dates in Florida to start the tour. 
    Nope
    Any in FL?
    I think this is where there is confusion on FL. Dimi only stated that FL does not start the tour. There was not a follow up whether it is actually included in the tour. (Page 34)
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    RF283499 said:
    demetrios said:
    Nope, sorry, Canada is the arctic.  ;)
    Feels like it today!!
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    100 Pacer said:
     demetrios said:
    They might as well just scrap Toronto for Halifax. I know I don't really have a reason. But they just might as well.... ;)
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Melzombie said:

I hope so. NC needs a makeup! I will be there. I prefer Charlotte, but ya know.. can't be picky. 
    I'm hoping for Charlotte as well as I live 20 min from the arena but I'd be happy with anywhere in NC or SC
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    sward said:
    100 Pacer said:
     demetrios said:
    They might as well just scrap Toronto for Halifax. I know I don't really have a reason. But they just might as well.... ;)
    I would love to go to Halifax for a concert someday. It is a great party town. So is St. Johns NL!