On it's way to 0.00000001%
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    PeterED said:
    PeterED said:
    mrvector said:
    PeterED said:
    Why would that be the assumption?

I would expect that if a member puts MSG GA as their first choice and MSG Seating as their second AND they are not successful in the GA lottery that they would be placed AFTER all of the MSG Seating first choice lottery winners have been processed.

(when I asked 3000 pages ago for a clear explanation of the system I was scoffed at yet clearly there are many questions.)
    But there isn't GA first choice, Res second choice anymore. You can't prioritize one over the other unless you simply don't pick one. If you choose both, it defaults to Best Available. So, they run the lottery for GA, winners picked from those who chose that as one of their options. Once that's filled, they run the lottery for Res, winners picked from those that had Res as one of their options. That is my understanding. 
    I would think the people who selected Seating as their first (or only choice as it seems to be) choice would be processed before those who did not.  But who knows. (There doesn't seem to be anything clear on this point.)

Doesn't sound like it
    Based on what? It all seems like speculation at this point.
    Did you read the response I got from TC Ticketmaster?
    I did. But it's this line "Once your request is selected, you will be granted the best available tickets based on what you've selected" that is throwing me off because it doesn't account for seniority with reserved seating.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    PJNB said:
    If you want to get in the building and want reserved and not GA do not pick GA or best available. It does not help your odds out at all and only hurts people that want GA's odds. 
    That doesn't align with what a number of people are suggesting.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    JM144705 said:
    Damn, MSG is already at 13% for GA

On it's way to 0.00000001%
    I wouldn't be shocked if it hits <1%.  I doubt we get any more of a specific number than that
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,494
    ComeToTX said:
    PeterED said:
    Emailed the Ten Club Ticketmaster customer service. 

Looks like they are going to randomly draw from all entries, if your choice is still available, you get it, if not, you don't. So not doing GA first then Reserved like they used to do. I've sent a follow-up email to confirm that GA is always considered Best available. 

Email text below

Thank you for getting back with us today. We are happy to address your concerns. Orders will not be processed based on seat selections. Requests will be randomly selected to have tickets processed. Once your request is selected, you will be granted the best available tickets based on what you've selected. For your request we do show you've selected only the GA Pit option. Once your request is selected to be processed, we will only process the order if GA Pit is still available at that time and you will only be granted that type of ticket. Fans will be notified by Sunday, January 19 if tickets were granted.
    Hmmm...that seems odd because it doesn't account for seniority when assigning reserved seats. And that would be contrary to the policy as stated on the 10C presale web page.
    i'm guessing all the seat assignments will be done after the drawing is done.
    Yeah I’d think so email did state reserved tickets will be assigned by seniority...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,072
    PeterED said:
    PeterED said:
    PeterED said:
    mrvector said:
    PeterED said:

I would expect that if a member puts MSG GA as their first choice and MSG Seating as their second AND they are not successful in the GA lottery that they would be placed AFTER all of the MSG Seating first choice lottery winners have been processed.

(when I asked 3000 pages ago for a clear explanation of the system I was scoffed at yet clearly there are many questions.)
    But there isn't GA first choice, Res second choice anymore. You can't prioritize one over the other unless you simply don't pick one. If you choose both, it defaults to Best Available. So, they run the lottery for GA, winners picked from those who chose that as one of their options. Once that's filled, they run the lottery for Res, winners picked from those that had Res as one of their options. That is my understanding. 
    I would think the people who selected Seating as their first (or only choice as it seems to be) choice would be processed before those who did not.  But who knows. (There doesn't seem to be anything clear on this point.)

Doesn't sound like it
    I did. But it's this line "Once your request is selected, you will be granted the best available tickets based on what you've selected" that is throwing me off because it doesn't account for seniority with reserved seating.
    It takes into account if you picked best available or not and if GA is still available. Best available just means GA or reserved. If GA is already full then you get reserved. It has nothing to do with seat allocation. 
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    edited January 2020
    I’m assuming your security code is your seniority number? Mine was low 12xxxx and wife’s was 65xxxx
    Hmm.. That's really interesting if that's the case because mine was a much lower number than my real number of 49xxxx (since I let it lapse from like 2004-2012ish) - Maybe that was my original number, I don't really recall anymore. Loophole?
    Post edited by BV84003 on
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Early in the pre sale ..

Best available is going to kill GA odds more than usual
  • Options
    rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    It is pretty simple - they are not drawing based on GA first and then Res; rather, they are drawing an entry (hopefully mine for example), and looking at my choice.  I chose Best Available option; therefore, if there are any GA tickets left, i would get two of those, if not, I get two reserved seating.  My seats would then later be assigned based on my seniority number.  Had I only chosen GA, and all of the GA tix were gone when my entry got pulled, I would be out of luck. 

Its really the same when you are in one of those fast 10AM Ticketmaster sales, always go Best Available if you want in the building.  If you have to be somewhere in particular, take the time to pick out a certain level while the bots eat up all the tickets.  My $0.02, I will be interested to see how it works out, but I really like this new system.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    JM144705 said:
    Thats ok as long as reserved is still 99%.

I love this new system!! Pick your shows and move on with life!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,003
    PeterED said:
    PeterED said:
    PeterED said:
    mrvector said:
    PeterED said:

Doesn't sound like it
    Best available refers only to GA over reserved. It's not talking about where your reserved seats would be.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    PJNB said:
    If you want to get in the building and want reserved and not GA do not pick GA or best available. It does not help your odds out at all and only hurts people that want GA's odds. 
    That doesn't align with what a number of people are suggesting.

Their email was clear, when you are selected if your choice is available, you get it. There is no way there is a scenario where all reserved seats are selected before GA are all selected. There are way more reserved seats at each arena then there are GA. So if you really want reserved, there is no point in putting in Best Available, it doesn't changes your odds for Reserved at all.
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,826
    rmwatson said:
    It is pretty simple - they are not drawing based on GA first and then Res; rather, they are drawing an entry (hopefully mine for example), and looking at my choice.  I chose Best Available option; therefore, if there are any GA tickets left, i would get two of those, if not, I get two reserved seating.  My seats would then later be assigned based on my seniority number.  Had I only chosen GA, and all of the GA tix were gone when my entry got pulled, I would be out of luck. 

Its really the same when you are in one of those fast 10AM Ticketmaster sales, always go Best Available if you want in the building.  If you have to be somewhere in particular, take the time to pick out a certain level while the bots eat up all the tickets.  My $0.02, I will be interested to see how it works out, but I really like this new system.
    I was going to type this same thing. This is how I see it from what's out there.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    It's almost like they worked out an agreement where the GA is the only real 'lotto' left as there is clearly less supply to go around, and all the losing requests will be granted seats with the venues and TM.

Otherwise it is basically impossible that GA is 13% and Res is still at 99%.

If that is the case, again, I think vibe and energy at these shows is gonna be off the meter.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 431
    JM144705 said:
    Thats ok as long as reserved is still 99%.

I love this new system!! Pick your shows and move on with life!
    Oh I agree, except me moving on is checking the odds like a lunatic for the next 3 days   =)
  • Options
    radial21radial21 Posts: 228
    Guys, I think everyone is overthinking this 

If you want only GA, select just GA
    If you want only reserved, select just reserved 

if you want in the building and don’t care if you get GA or reserved, select best available 

what you select as your option has no bearing on odds of getting pulled for seats, it’s all a random draw.  If you get pulled then they will look at your selections, and you will get or be denied tickets based on those selections 
  • Options
    hornig12hornig12 NYC Posts: 14
    • Spoke to my ticket rep at msg and put in a request for house tickets.while the request was put through she told me that they only had a very limited amount of tickets for the house most were going to be Ten club tickets !! good news for ten clubbers 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,271
    Saltzy23 said:
    I am blown away that they were able to allocate as many seats as they apparently have for MSG for 10C members.

A. There will be basically no seats left for either of the other sales.

B. The building is going to be absolutely ROCKING if it's all 10C.

That show is gonna be fucking insane.
    2016 was mostly 10c as well.

Very very very few front of stage tickets were available on the resale sites = locked up by the club.

It was an impossible ticket then. It will be just as impossible now, despite what that email says.
  • Options
    hornig12 said:
    • Spoke to my ticket rep at msg and put in a request for house tickets.while the request was put through she told me that they only had a very limited amount of tickets for the house most were going to be Ten club tickets !! good news for ten clubbers 
    excited joel mchale GIF
    3-19-94, 8-18-98, 8-18-00, 10-08-00, 10-09-00, 11-06-00, 6-02-03, 6-03-03, 6-05-03, 6-06-03, 6-07-03, 10-25-03(bridge), 10-26-03(bridge), 10-28-03, 7-06-06, 7-07-06, 7-09-06, 7-10-06, 7-13-06, 7-22-06, 7-23-06, 8-5-07, 06-22-08, 06-24-08, 08-21-08(EV), 08-22-08(EV), 8-23-09, 8-24-09, 10-06-09, 10-07-09, 10-09-09, 05-07-10, 09-03-11, 09-04-11, 07-19-13, 10-16-14, 10-17-14, 10-19-14, 10-20-14, 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 08-18-18, 08-20-18, 09-05-23, 09-18-23, 09-19-23.
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 552
    Just emailed the Ten Club about finding out when we will be notified about winning and when the card will be charged and the response was

"Thank you for contacting Ten Club's Presale Support. I am happy to address your concerns. As is stated in the info section of your confirmation, the deadline to submit/cancel a request is Wednesday January 15th at 11:59 pm PT. The drawing of tickets will happen Sunday, January 19th, 2020. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Have a great day!"

hope this helps some people with that question
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    kaikaikaikai Posts: 55
    mace1229 said:
    glad I read the rules, once you make a selection for the lottery it can't be changed. DIfferent from last time.
    Where did you see this? What I saw said that you can make changes... because I did... and now I’m paranoid lol...
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    kaikai said:
    mace1229 said:
    glad I read the rules, once you make a selection for the lottery it can't be changed. DIfferent from last time.
    Where did you see this? What I saw said that you can make changes... because I did... and now I’m paranoid lol...
    You can make changes, it says so right in the confirmation email. I'm presuming the original poster was misinformed. Or just trying to freak people out.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    Saltzy23 said:
    I am blown away that they were able to allocate as many seats as they apparently have for MSG for 10C members.

The less chance I have standing next to some dude yelling, “Just Play Jeremy!” the happier I will be. 
  • Options
    kaikaikaikai Posts: 55
    kaikai said:
    mace1229 said:
    You can make changes, it says so right in the confirmation email. I'm presuming the original poster was misinformed. Or just trying to freak people out.

Ahhhg. Thank you! 
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 715
    CW55354 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

The less chance I have standing next to some dude yelling, “Just Play Jeremy!” the happier I will be. 
    Lol.  Preach brother.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    on2legs said:
    How about this... =)

In an effort to get more tickets into the hands of Ten Club members, Pearl Jam has partnered with Ticketmaster for an exclusive members-only presale through Ticketmaster Ticket Request. The majority of fans who enter the Ten Club ticket request will get tickets. This also means that Ten Club seating includes seats farther back in the venue than in the past.

I'm a little concerned about the sentence AFTER the one you bolded  =)
    I know what your thinking I thought the same thing ...
    Why concerned? Whole point is to get into the building. From the seating charts, none include behind the stage 10C which is great. With zero secondary market, outside fan-to-fan sale, this is the best way to get tix. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Any confirmation that our requests are still there seeing as how several people (myself included) sees nothing when I go into my Ticketmaster account?  If we want to change we make a new purchases each time?
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    edited January 2020
    NY you can still transfer tickets if necessary, per law (and in the 10C info). 
    As for seat selection, they will notify everyone week of 1/27. So it's still entirely possible that 10C numbers/seniority WILL determine seat location. Ticketmaster seems to be for the sale only. And I wonder if the code they sent is linked somehow as well. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    I'm bored. When does the fall tour starts?

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)