Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    PJNB said:
    When you select both GA and Reserved it automatically selects best available for you too. There is no strategy anymore for picks. This is a bummer imo. 
    In exchange for all the upgrades (single tickets, ticket exchange, knowing where you are sitting before the show, and most importantly....much higher win %'s) this is a small price to pay.

I'm sure people that won Res that want GA and visa versa will figure out ways to swap their seats beforehand.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Are we to assume that if you don't get GA you are basically guaranteed a seat at MSG/Baltimore?

That alone makes the 10C INCREDIBLY valuable going forward if this new model is how they are gonna distribute the tickets going forward.

(People will still bitch)
    The announcement seems to indicate that, but I am skeptical. 
    Why would that be the assumption?

I would expect that if a member puts MSG GA as their first choice and MSG Seating as their second AND they are not successful in the GA lottery that they would be placed AFTER all of the MSG Seating first choice lottery winners have been processed.

(when I asked 3000 pages ago for a clear explanation of the system I was scoffed at yet clearly there are many questions.)
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,191
    Saltzy23 said:
    Are we to assume that if you don't get GA you are basically guaranteed a seat at MSG/Baltimore?

That alone makes the 10C INCREDIBLY valuable going forward if this new model is how they are gonna distribute the tickets going forward.

If 10C got, let's say, 10,000 seats in Baltimore (5,000 pairs), and more than 5,000 requests are submitted, then it isn't guaranteed.  I assume the comment in the e-mail is based on past request volumes, but if demand is thru the roof this year...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 89,017
    PeterED said:
    Toronto: 59/99
    Ottawa: 99/99
    Quebec: 99/99
    Hamilton: 81/99
    which is GA/seated?

GA. For reserved seats all are @ 99%.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I am blown away that they were able to allocate as many seats as they apparently have for MSG for 10C members.

A. There will be basically no seats left for either of the other sales.

B. The building is going to be absolutely ROCKING if it's all 10C.

That show is gonna be fucking insane.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,950
    The 4 day wait to find out if you got picked is going to be excruciating.  I know they said that most will get in, but still......
  • Options
    Emailed the Ten Club Ticketmaster customer service. 

Looks like they are going to randomly draw from all entries, if your choice is still available, you get it, if not, you don't. So not doing GA first then Reserved like they used to do. I've sent a follow-up email to confirm that GA is always considered Best available. 

Email text below

Thank you for getting back with us today. We are happy to address your concerns. Orders will not be processed based on seat selections. Requests will be randomly selected to have tickets processed. Once your request is selected, you will be granted the best available tickets based on what you've selected. For your request we do show you've selected only the GA Pit option. Once your request is selected to be processed, we will only process the order if GA Pit is still available at that time and you will only be granted that type of ticket. Fans will be notified by Sunday, January 19 if tickets were granted.
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    JP Losman said:
    KS80184 said:
    JP Losman said:JimmyV said:
    Saltzy23 said:

The announcement seems to indicate that, but I am skeptical. 

Amazed no Raleigh (between baltimore and nashville geographically) after their cancellation show.   
    Is the bathroom law still in place that prompted the cancellation in the first place?  If so, it may be a long time in NC before another show...

No, its not (not that it should matter).   
    I think it matters for the band and what they personally believe in and that's why they used their platform to speak out against it.

2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    robis726robis726 Posts: 132

Looks like they are going to randomly draw from all entries, if your choice is still available, you get it, if not, you don't. So not doing GA first then Reserved like they used to do. I've sent a follow-up email to confirm that GA is always considered Best available. 

Email text below

Thank you for getting back with us today. We are happy to address your concerns. Orders will not be processed based on seat selections. Requests will be randomly selected to have tickets processed. Once your request is selected, you will be granted the best available tickets based on what you've selected. For your request we do show you've selected only the GA Pit option. Once your request is selected to be processed, we will only process the order if GA Pit is still available at that time and you will only be granted that type of ticket. Fans will be notified by Sunday, January 19 if tickets were granted.
    I think this confused me more lol. Let us know what they say in response to your follow up please!
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • Options

Email text below

Hmmm...that seems odd because it doesn't account for seniority when assigning reserved seats. And that would be contrary to the policy as stated on the 10C presale web page.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options

Email text below

This is the only negative I see with this new system.  Kinda sucks for people that really love/hate GA, but it is what it is.

Again, I'm sure people will figure out ways to swap with each other.  It's just a 1:1 trade.  Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Just walk in with each other and swap phones if you need to until the GA person gets their wrist band.  The other pair just go to where the seats are.  Done and done.
  • Options
    mrvectormrvector NY, NY Posts: 39
    PeterED said:

I would expect that if a member puts MSG GA as their first choice and MSG Seating as their second AND they are not successful in the GA lottery that they would be placed AFTER all of the MSG Seating first choice lottery winners have been processed.

(when I asked 3000 pages ago for a clear explanation of the system I was scoffed at yet clearly there are many questions.)
    But there isn't GA first choice, Res second choice anymore. You can't prioritize one over the other unless you simply don't pick one. If you choose both, it defaults to Best Available. So, they run the lottery for GA, winners picked from those who chose that as one of their options. Once that's filled, they run the lottery for Res, winners picked from those that had Res as one of their options. That is my understanding. 
    '98: MSG, 9/10
    '00: Jones Beach, 8/24
    '00: Camden, 9/02
    '03: Camden, 7/06
    '06: Hartford, 5/13
    '08: MSG, 6/24
    '08: MSG, 6/25
    '10: Hartford, 5/15
    '10: MSG, 5/20
    '13: Barclays, 10/18
    '16: MSG, 5/02
    '16: Fenway 2, 8/07
    '18: Wrigley 1, 8/18
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Email text below

This is the only negative I see with this new system.  Kinda sucks for people that really love/hate GA, but it is what it is.

Again, I'm sure people will figure out ways to swap with each other.  It's just a 1:1 trade.  Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Just walk in with each other and swap phones if you need to until the GA person gets their wrist band.  The other pair just go to where the seats are.  Done and done.
    If you hate GA you shouldn't put in for it. There is no chance that someone who puts in for Best Available, gets drawn and the only thing left is GA
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,494
    on2legs said:
    How about this... =)

In an effort to get more tickets into the hands of Ten Club members, Pearl Jam has partnered with Ticketmaster for an exclusive members-only presale through Ticketmaster Ticket Request. The majority of fans who enter the Ten Club ticket request will get tickets. This also means that Ten Club seating includes seats farther back in the venue than in the past.

I'm a little concerned about the sentence AFTER the one you bolded  =)
    I know what your thinking I thought the same thing ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,656
    PeterED said:

Email text below

Hmmm...that seems odd because it doesn't account for seniority when assigning reserved seats. And that would be contrary to the policy as stated on the 10C presale web page.
    i'm guessing all the seat assignments will be done after the drawing is done.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152

Email text below

thanks for this.  So that as a strategy has gone out the window.  If you want in the show, you choose best available, otherwise you only get tickets if that type of ticket is still available when your name is drawn.  right?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,504
    pulling69 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Coolest thing about this is that we actually know where the fuck we will sit before the day of the damn show.

Your tickets will be viewable in late January; you will receive a separate notification via email.

And....with the fan transfer/selling option you can try to upgrade or downgrade your reserved seats if they are available.
    It's an interesting question - Can you buy tickets on the exchange if you already have tickets? 

Example: I get drawn for a GA pair in Baltimore. Can I buy another GA pair on the exchange?
  • Options
    PeterED said:

Email text below

They didn't say they would be assigning seats as selected, just that you would be guaranteed them. Chances are lottery happens, then seats are then assigned by seniority
  • Options

Email text below

thanks for this.  So that as a strategy has gone out the window.  If you want in the show, you choose best available, otherwise you only get tickets if that type of ticket is still available when your name is drawn.  right?
    Correct
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    edited January 2020
    pjl44 said:
    pulling69 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Coolest thing about this is that we actually know where the fuck we will sit before the day of the damn show.

Your tickets will be viewable in late January; you will receive a separate notification via email.

And....with the fan transfer/selling option you can try to upgrade or downgrade your reserved seats if they are available.
    It's an interesting question - Can you buy tickets on the exchange if you already have tickets? 

Example: I get drawn for a GA pair in Baltimore. Can I buy another GA pair on the exchange?
    Worst case - 2nd Ticketmaster account
  • Options
    radial21radial21 Posts: 228
    PeterED said:

Email text below

They will still do seniority when they assign seats I believe.

Sounds like they will randomly select entries, if you just selected GA you will get tickets if GA is still availble, if not you get shut out.  If you selected best available you will get tickets as long as either GA or reserved are available.  People will be notified if they got seats by Sunday .

Seat locations will he sent later, which makes me think they will go back through all of the winning entries and determine seat locations based on seniority at this time 

I could be wrong, but this sure sounds like the process 
  • Options
    PeterED said:

Email text below

I assume they pool all reserved ticket winners and then choose seats based on their seniority-  you will find out if you got tickets by this Sunday, but don't find out where until later this month.  That gives the system a few weeks to figure out who sits where.
  • Options
    mrvector said:
    PeterED said:

But there isn't GA first choice, Res second choice anymore. You can't prioritize one over the other unless you simply don't pick one. If you choose both, it defaults to Best Available. So, they run the lottery for GA, winners picked from those who chose that as one of their options. Once that's filled, they run the lottery for Res, winners picked from those that had Res as one of their options. That is my understanding. 
    I would think the people who selected Seating as their first (or only choice as it seems to be) choice would be processed before those who did not.  But who knows. (There doesn't seem to be anything clear on this point.)
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    mrvector said:
    PeterED said:

I would think the people who selected Seating as their first (or only choice as it seems to be) choice would be processed before those who did not.  But who knows. (There doesn't seem to be anything clear on this point.)

Doesn't sound like it
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    mrvector said:
    PeterED said:

Doesn't sound like it
    Based on what? It all seems like speculation at this point.
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    PeterED said:
    mrvector said:
    PeterED said:

Doesn't sound like it
    Did you read the response I got from TC Ticketmaster?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,072
    edited January 2020
    If you want to get in the building and want reserved and not GA do not pick GA or best available. It does not help your odds out at all and only hurts people that want GA's odds. 
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    PeterED said:
    mrvector said:
    PeterED said:

Doesn't sound like it
    I think its pretty clear.  It has no bearing on what your choice is.  It goes by name.  If your name is chosen, they go into your choice, and if it's available you get it and if its not, you don't.
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 431
    Damn, MSG is already at 13% for GA