Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    OKC or Tulsa could be the BBQ link and it wasn't a reference to Nashville.  No one has ventured a guess on the saltiest of lakes yet??  Could fit after Denver and before Phoenix.
    St Louis could easily be the BBQ link.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,414
    rummy said:
    mschostok said:
    JimmyV said:
    BeerBaron said:
    PJNB said:
    So San Diego LA X2 San Fran and Oakland?
    They aren’t gonna play Oakland and San Fran.   There’s likely 2 x Oakland.   
    We thought the same about Miami and West Palm Beach in 2016.
    Didn't the Golden State Warriors just build their new arena in San Fran? Why play in that old arena in Oakland when you can play in the new one in San Fran? Scheduling?
    Because it’s roaracle, it’s special to us Bay Area people. I’d prefer oracle to chase center. Also it’s probably cheaper to book. 
    Is the Oracle easy to get to from downtown SF?

Yep. Just hop on Dublin/Pleasanton Bart train and it drops you off right in front. 
    Thank you for the info. Thinking about flying in for those shows but would prefer to stay in SF.
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,036
    OKC or Tulsa could be the BBQ link and it wasn't a reference to Nashville.  No one has ventured a guess on the saltiest of lakes yet??  Could fit after Denver and before Phoenix.
    I mentioned a possible salt lake date earlier, no comment as yet. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,515
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    mschostok said:
    JimmyV said:
    BeerBaron said:
    PJNB said:
    Didn't the Golden State Warriors just build their new arena in San Fran? Why play in that old arena in Oakland when you can play in the new one in San Fran? Scheduling?
    Because it’s roaracle, it’s special to us Bay Area people. I’d prefer oracle to chase center. Also it’s probably cheaper to book. 

Yep. Just hop on Dublin/Pleasanton Bart train and it drops you off right in front. 
    Thank you for the info. Thinking about flying in for those shows but would prefer to stay in SF.
    I have stayed at the motels near arena in the past...pretty sketchy.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,059
    Damn those Cali shows are tempting. Like Mcgruff said earlier though possible means for a divorce... 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,649
    edited December 2019
    PJNB said:
    Damn those Cali shows are tempting. Like Mcgruff said earlier though possible means for a divorce... 

Nothing a good Christmas gift couldn't have helped out with.  "Here's a coupon book for a free massage.  Can I go to California for Pearl Jam?"

Also, we still have a fall leg of shows potentially!  Who knows what exotic places we'll get on that tour. 

• Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    mschostok said:
    JimmyV said:
    BeerBaron said:
    PJNB said:

I have stayed at the motels near arena in the past...pretty sketchy.
    Ya i wouldn’t recommend staying near oracle area. There are however nice areas to stay in Oakland or you can stay in SF and it’s a short train ride away 
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,226
    Cali shows help me go to more.  Wife has family there that she never gets to visit, so I get to traavel to see PJ, and she gets to visit for a week.  And she's damn happy to let me do it!!!
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    @dimitrispearljam
     Tacoma? 🤞✌🏻❤️🉑
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    Well if LA does fall on April 11th, that's my wife's 50th birthday! And she's all-in on a Pearl Jam getaway weekend/week for her birthday! :)
  • Options
    @dimitrispearljam
     Tacoma? 🤞✌🏻❤️🉑

Tacoma would be a 4th state with a beach, so unlikely for spring.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    On another note - Vegas is way overdue for a Pearl Jam show. Would love for that to be the missing state (Nevada).
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,051
    PJNB said:

Nothing a good Christmas gift couldn't have helped out with.  "Here's a coupon book for a free massage.  Can I go to California for Pearl Jam?"

Also, we still have a fall leg of shows potentially!  Who knows what exotic places we'll get on that tour. 

I told my wife about the Phoenix show; I'd be back in less than 48 hours.   I received the death look, no bueno as of now.   I will win this battle, oh yes I will win.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    On another note - Vegas is way overdue for a Pearl Jam show. Would love for that to be the missing state (Nevada).
    I could handle Vegas! 
  • Options
    Sarava said:

Please make this happen!!!!
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 232
    bbiggs said:
    PJNB said:
    Maybe a stop in the desert for Coachella? Jump on stage with RATM. 
    Am I the only one thinking they might be playing Coachella as far-fetched as it sounds?  The timing in Los Angeles lines up with both weekends of the festival and the announcement almost coincides with the lineup drop......

Coachella, run by AEG, has strict contractual rules about acts playing in a certain mileage proximity in weeks around/during fest. 
    Which sucks.  Because like 6 years ago they specifically advertised a bunch of acts playing local venues between the weekends.
  • Options
    The Cisco KidThe Cisco Kid Pennsylvania Posts: 9
    Water as the reason pizza/dough/bagels etc is a certain way is a myth that has been debunked.  It’s not the water, it is airborne yeast cultures that determine reactions within dough, and therefore flavor and since airborne yeast varies by climate/geography/temperature etc, you get different results in your starters when making dough.  Think sf sour dough vs ny pizza dough.  If you took water from San Fran and tried to make their sourdough in Schenectady ny, you’d only get part of what makes it sourdough.  Same reason neopolitan crust tastes different than dough made in Verona- not the water it’s the yeast in the air.  

Just had to say this because some people who own pizza places and some chef’s actually spend the $$ to “import” water from nyc under the false belief that it’s going to make a difference in their dough.  If you took a starter made in nyc and used that continuously going forward to make your dough and kept it alive with your own flour and water, it would be the closest you could get to the real ny deal, although even that would eventually be affected by the airborne yeast in your area.

Do you think a lot of pizza places still maintain sourdough starters for their pizza? 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,329
    Nice, so many pages I lost track and couldn't recall any SLC guesses. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,059
    PJNB said:

Now you tell me lol. 

I have convinced her to do 3 out of the 4 Canada shows. Working on the last one now. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I told my wife about the Phoenix show; I'd be back in less than 48 hours.   I received the death look, no bueno as of now.   I will win this battle, oh yes I will win.   
    I had a similar experience a few days ago, also when bringing up Phoenix.  Europe she could handle, but somehow Phoenix is a bridge too far?  I’ll wear her down. 
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    My question one page ago for dimi was whether or not one of the missing cities was on a lake 😉
  • Options
    Any rumors for Ohio area? Cleveland?

• Options
    Tried to keep up, but was there an earlier reason that Sacramento is being overlooked?  Arena is wide open after 4/16.
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,868
    Minnesota... 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    edited December 2019
    ChloeCat said:

Ohio was ruled in the Spring, unfortunately. 
    Post edited by JDime20 on
  • Options
    ChloeCat said:

Ohio has been ruled out for the spring
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,628
    Minnesota... 

Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,241
    My question one page ago for dimi was whether or not one of the missing cities was on a lake 😉
    Barclays Center is 1.6 miles from a lake. Thanks for confirming a new city, Brooklyn.

• Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    MH56465 said:
    Tried to keep up, but was there an earlier reason that Sacramento is being overlooked?  Arena is wide open after 4/16.
    I think it is a possibility. I mentioned before but no one responded 🤷🏻‍♀️
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,515
    edited December 2019
    Shoreline??