Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,920
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Do we know for sure that Memphis isn’t the city hinted at with the bbq clue? KC or Memphis make way more sense than St Louis. 
    Dimi confirmed St. Louis, not necessarily as the BBQ clue

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7054789#Comment_7054789
    Nah. Nashville is the BBQ 
    What other clue confirmed Nashville though? When I think American bbq, I think Austin, Memphis and KC, in that order. Not Nashville. 
    Nashville is confirmed. 4/2 Bridgestone Arena. Book it. 
    Okay, on your word, it is booked at non-refundable rates. You the best!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Do we know for sure that Memphis isn’t the city hinted at with the bbq clue? KC or Memphis make way more sense than St Louis. 

What other clue confirmed Nashville though? When I think American bbq, I think Austin, Memphis and KC, in that order. Not Nashville. 
    Lol. I’m booked as well. See you there for the pre-party! 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    mcgruff10 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    Damn those Cali shows are tempting. Like Mcgruff said earlier though possible means for a divorce... 

Nothing a good Christmas gift couldn't have helped out with.  "Here's a coupon book for a free massage.  Can I go to California for Pearl Jam?"

Also, we still have a fall leg of shows potentially!  Who knows what exotic places we'll get on that tour. 

I told my wife about the Phoenix show; I'd be back in less than 48 hours.   I received the death look, no bueno as of now.   I will win this battle, oh yes I will win.   
    Bruh I figured out the solution a long time ago: just bribe her. 
    Dude then the trip costs double!!!
    Lol, yup.  Even triple 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Ilovepj47Ilovepj47 Posts: 48
    edited January 2020

Post edited by Ilovepj47 on
  • Options
    Shoreline??
    Now that would be sweet
  • Options
    Spoonman110Spoonman110 Winnipeg Posts: 348
    Haha, I've been on the 'Play Minnesota' thread since 2011. I will lay off. Maybe I just think I can will them into coming here!

Skol

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    bbiggs said:
    Minnesota... 
    you, my friend, are the most persistent fan I’ve met in terms of lobbying for a city. Please bring a show to Minny for this person. I’ll gladly join 
    +1. I have a feeling itll be Target Field in October. 
    They've played ballpark shows in July, August, and early September.  Why would they play one in a cold state in October?  I think they are more likely to play another indoor show in the Twin Cities if the show is in the fall.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Ilovepj47 said:
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    mschostok said:
    JimmyV said:
    BeerBaron said:
    PJNB said:
    So San Diego LA X2 San Fran and Oakland?
    They aren’t gonna play Oakland and San Fran.   There’s likely 2 x Oakland.   
    We thought the same about Miami and West Palm Beach in 2016.
    Didn't the Golden State Warriors just build their new arena in San Fran? Why play in that old arena in Oakland when you can play in the new one in San Fran? Scheduling?
    Because it’s roaracle, it’s special to us Bay Area people. I’d prefer oracle to chase center. Also it’s probably cheaper to book. 
    Is the Oracle easy to get to from downtown SF?

Yep. Just hop on Dublin/Pleasanton Bart train and it drops you off right in front. 
    Thank you for the info. Thinking about flying in for those shows but would prefer to stay in SF.
    I have stayed at the motels near arena in the past...pretty sketchy.
    Ya i wouldn’t recommend staying near oracle area. There are however nice areas to stay in Oakland or you can stay in SF and it’s a short train ride away 
    Your not serious. Oakland is not a place u want to stay. Stay in s.f it's better than oakland. U still have to be careful in s.f as well. Its definately not your family friendly neighborhood. 
    I am serious. You must not be from here or visit SF or Oakland often. 
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,411
    Ilovepj47 said:
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    mschostok said:
    JimmyV said:
    BeerBaron said:
    PJNB said:
    Didn't the Golden State Warriors just build their new arena in San Fran? Why play in that old arena in Oakland when you can play in the new one in San Fran? Scheduling?
    Because it’s roaracle, it’s special to us Bay Area people. I’d prefer oracle to chase center. Also it’s probably cheaper to book. 

Yep. Just hop on Dublin/Pleasanton Bart train and it drops you off right in front. 
    Thank you for the info. Thinking about flying in for those shows but would prefer to stay in SF.
    Ya i wouldn’t recommend staying near oracle area. There are however nice areas to stay in Oakland or you can stay in SF and it’s a short train ride away 
    Your not serious. Oakland is not a place u want to stay. Stay in s.f it's better than oakland. U still have to be careful in s.f as well. Its definately not your family friendly neighborhood. 
    Ha ha! We usually get posts from individuals saying to "stay away" from NYC, Philly, Toronto, Boston, and even LA. I think this is the first Bay Area one!
  • Options
    rummy said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    mschostok said:
    JimmyV said:
    BeerBaron said:
    PJNB said:

Ha ha! We usually get posts from individuals saying to "stay away" from NYC, Philly, Toronto, Boston, and even LA. I think this is the first Bay Area one!
    Lol, ugh why am i letting it bother me! 🙈🙊

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Hockey game the night before sounds fun. Booked an airbnb. Full refund if I cancel before mid-March and I can drive. Now I just hope for the ticket odds to be in my favor. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Ilovepj47Ilovepj47 Posts: 48
    edited January 2020
    Ilovepj47 said:
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    mschostok said:
    JimmyV said:
    BeerBaron said:
    PJNB said:

Post edited by Ilovepj47 on
  • Options
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    mschostok said:
    JimmyV said:
    BeerBaron said:
    PJNB said:

Lived in cali my whole life. But hey what do I no. Lived in s.f and I've been to oakland meny of times. What area are you considering safe. 
    Lived in the Bay Area my entire life. 

In Oakland Piedmont, rock ridge, jack London square area, the area near 19th st Bart station by fox theater off telegraph just off the top of my head. Tons of great restaurants, tap rooms, breweries etc

In sf just stay away from the tenderloin and you’re fine. 

Your safety is not guaranteed anywhere, however just my personal experience living in the city 10 years (where we started raising our family, yes it is family friendly) and spending lots of time in Oakland (often with my family for As games, warrior parade, Jack London square) I can honestly say i have never felt unsafe. Ya we encounter the occasional tweeker from time to time but that’s usually on Bart 🙈. 

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    edited December 2019
    How reliable is the 4-4 St Louis date? Is it pretty safe to say it’ll be either the 4th or the 5th? 
    Post edited by tylermoore on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    SM187650 said:
    @dimitrispearljam
    Any chance of more Canadian shows in the fall on the west coast like Vancouver, Calgary, or Edmonton? 
    no clue
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Dimitris - has there been any changes to the schedule since you first heard the original tour schedule?   Just curious.
     no clue,and for sure ill not ask 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The Cisco KidThe Cisco Kid Pennsylvania Posts: 9
    bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:
    Fish and chips...did we ever figure this one out?
    Maybe this was mistaken for SD? Not sure what else it could be. Baltimore isn’t fish and chips 
    Gordon Ramsay has a fish-n-chips restaurant in Vegas
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    @dimitrispearljam this mystery city, have they played a show there before? 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,920
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Save me a spot please. I'm already in the merch line and it's crazy long already. But I have got to get the pin and the special edition hand soap! Hoping to get the 2 year bourbon barrel aged roasted marshmallow variant. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    drfox said:
    I’m now strongly considering going on a family holiday with my young kids to LA at Easter and hope to catch the three LA and San Diego shows (combining Disney/Universal with PJ!). What is the general (non 10c) sale and secondary/resale market usually like? Also do venues usually have a minimum age? I’m from England and have never been to the US for a show before
    I did this very trip in 2013 and it was amazing, one of the best music experiences of my life. I'm also from England btw. If you'd like some help send me a message and i'll see what help i can give. Don't want to bore people by posting here.
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    gotta be vegas
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,991
    Vegas would be fantastic. Has been asked many times but is yet to be shot down, I believe.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    So is it “Saturday” or “Saturdays”?

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    bbiggs said:
    Haha, I've been on the 'Play Minnesota' thread since 2011. I will lay off. Maybe I just think I can will them into coming here!

Keep it up! Eventually it will happen. Hopefully this year. 
    I would heavily consider doing a Minnesota trip in the fall. I got a buddy in Wisconsin that would meet me. Keep it up. I'm pulling for Minnesota now!
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,862
    edited December 2019
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    mschostok said:
    JimmyV said:
    BeerBaron said:
    PJNB said:

Lived in cali my whole life. But hey what do I no. Lived in s.f and I've been to oakland meny of times. What area are you considering safe. 

In Oakland Piedmont, rock ridge, jack London square area, the area near 19th st Bart station by fox theater off telegraph just off the top of my head. Tons of great restaurants, tap rooms, breweries etc

Your safety is not guaranteed anywhere, however just my personal experience living in the city 10 years (where we started raising our family, yes it is family friendly) and spending lots of time in Oakland (often with my family for As games, warrior parade, Jack London square) I can honestly say i have never felt unsafe. Ya we encounter the occasional tweeker from time to time but that’s usually on Bart 🙈. 
    Don't forget to watch out for the Zodiac...
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Oddly enough, I already have a room booked to hang out with friends in Nashville on that date!
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 471
    Is there a summary of the dates/cities that we are hoping for? What are the current hints?
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,503
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    mschostok said:
    JimmyV said:
    BeerBaron said:
    PJNB said:

Don't forget to watch out for the Zodiac...
    That's unnecessary ... that was real and scary. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,634
    davidos said:
    Is there a summary of the dates/cities that we are hoping for? What are the current hints?
    Tom Tucker: “And now we go to Ollie Williams for the Pearl Jam tour update. Ollie?”
    Ollie Williams: “They gonna play!!”
    Tom Tucker: “Thank you Ollie.”
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,938
    I'm thinking Quebec City is the right play for me.  The drive to NY is about the same, but taking everything else into consideration, would be much more expensive.  Would love to have a date for that show locked in.