Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    FYI, I just confirmed what Dimi said from a source I have and San Diego is on the 13th.  
  • Options
    Toronto is scheduled to have a major transportation strike on the date of the rumoured show. Taxi drivers vs Uber drivers at queens park, Ttc union has informed employees to walk off the job unless a deal is reached 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,492
    Bummed that there is no Hartford show. 
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    edited December 2019
    jmug23 said:
    FYI, I just confirmed what Dimi said from a source I have and San Diego is on the 13th.  
    Excellent! Does your source know anything about the other California dates? :)
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Give us old and dead folks some Saturday options, pj 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    The New York Yankees - Bronx borough; the New York Mets -  Queens; the NY Rangers and Knicks - Manhattan; and the NY Nets - Brooklyn All play In New York City.
    the NY Islanders do not. 

Some people even wonder where in New York is New Jersey.

(New York Giants/Jets/Red Bulls...ha!)

• Options
    I guess the fan base 💰is what really matters.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    juliefer said:
    jmug23 said:
    He does, but I don’t like asking. I’ll try and ask about LA without sounding pushy. 
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    The New York Yankees - Bronx borough; the New York Mets -  Queens; the NY Rangers and Knicks - Manhattan; and the NY Nets - Brooklyn All play In New York City.
    the NY Islanders do not. 
    The Islanders play in Brooklyn
    Also Long Island and moving back to Long Island for good.
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    jmug23 said:
    juliefer said:
    jmug23 said:
    He does, but I don’t like asking. I’ll try and ask about LA without sounding pushy. 
    I can understand that. I'm mostly just wondering about the order of the shows. If we have the SD date and we know the order we can put together a pretty good guess as to the other dates.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    Melzombie said:
    JimmyV said:
    Was unlucky enough to spend two nights in Brooklyn over Christmas. The whole place is citified. Give me suburbia any day.
    Did you see anyone shit in the streets? My friend was there over Christmas as well and he was complaining about the city. He said he saw shit in the street and the people are sketchy. Luckily, I’ve never encountered that when I’ve visited. I like to visit, but I can take so much of the city. It’s very exhausting. I’m not use to the hustle and bustle. After 3 days, I’m ready to leave.  
    No shit on this trip. Did see that in Montreal a few years ago.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,219
    Vedd Hedd said:
    the NY Islanders do not. 
    The Islanders play in Brooklyn
    Also Long Island and moving back to Long Island for good.

Unfortunately since the Belmont train station is in Queens and that’s how the mail will be delivered to the new arena, the Islanders will be stuck in Queens, and not get credit for being on The Island.
  • Options

.on2legs said:
    MUZIK said:
    If somebody ask me where I’m from I say the Bronx. Do I consider it New York City even though I pay New York City tax? The answer is no. 

The state will find any way to tax your ass even tho your not in the means of Manhattan.

I was born and raised here and never met a single person in my life who said they live in the city to find out they meant Brooklyn.
    Your referring to what locals mean when they say "the city" and I think everyone here agrees with you that it refers to Manhattan.

But that's not really the question.  A previous person posted a map and stated that the Barclay Center was not within the confines of New York City, which is incorrect.

I think that “person” might have been kidding (way out in Jersey, Huge Barclays Arena as it said on the map, were part of the tells, yes internet jokes tend to not work, but thanks for calling me a person!)

We can agree that Brooklyn is part of New York the city (as there is technically no such thing as “New York City” as the official name is New York even though the city website loves NYC...but we should agree with all the new skyscrapers Brooklyn might feel like a city but clearly is not part of “The City.”)

seriously my understanding of the NYC date was 3/30 was from multiple rumored sources Including dimitrios and Barclays is not available that day.
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    JimmyV said:
    Melzombie said:
    JimmyV said:
    Was unlucky enough to spend two nights in Brooklyn over Christmas. The whole place is citified. Give me suburbia any day.
    Did you see anyone shit in the streets? My friend was there over Christmas as well and he was complaining about the city. He said he saw shit in the street and the people are sketchy. Luckily, I’ve never encountered that when I’ve visited. I like to visit, but I can take so much of the city. It’s very exhausting. I’m not use to the hustle and bustle. After 3 days, I’m ready to leave.  
    No shit on this trip. Did see that in Montreal a few years ago.
    eww.. wtf is wrong with people? no home training.. nasty 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,544

.on2legs said:
    MUZIK said:
    If somebody ask me where I’m from I say the Bronx. Do I consider it New York City even though I pay New York City tax? The answer is no. 

The state will find any way to tax your ass even tho your not in the means of Manhattan.

I was born and raised here and never met a single person in my life who said they live in the city to find out they meant Brooklyn.
    Your referring to what locals mean when they say "the city" and I think everyone here agrees with you that it refers to Manhattan.

But that's not really the question.  A previous person posted a map and stated that the Barclay Center was not within the confines of New York City, which is incorrect.

I think that “person” might have been kidding (way out in Jersey, Huge Barclays Arena as it said on the map, were part of the tells, yes internet jokes tend to not work, but thanks for calling me a person!)

We can agree that Brooklyn is part of New York the city (as there is technically no such thing as “New York City” as the official name is New York even though the city website loves NYC...but we should agree with all the new skyscrapers Brooklyn might feel like a city but clearly is not part of “The City.”)

seriously my understanding of the NYC date was 3/30 was from multiple rumored sources Including dimitrios and Barclays is not available that day.
    I’ll drink to that!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Can I ask where yall are getting the 4/2 date for nashville. Thx🤙
  • Options
    Ok, time for the ten hour punch line.

for all thinking Brooklyn is part of NYC,

Welcome Back Kotter would like to have a word with y’all. 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    edited December 2019
    When I was waiting for my night bus in Berlin to get back to Prague last year a women was naked from the bottom down 5 feet away from me. She took a squat right there and started to piss. I had to jump out of the way or I would have got some splash back on my shoes. 

I love this thread.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,504
    edited December 2019
    juliefer said:
    jmug23 said:
    IF true then LA probably 10th/1th like I said a few pages ago

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,942
    PJNB said:
    When I was waiting for my night bus in Berlin to get back to Prague last year a women was naked from the bottom down 5 feet away from me. She took a squat right there and started to piss. I had to jump out of the way or I would have got some splash back on my shoes. 

I love this thread.
    Man, I came to check things out while going to fridge for a beer. This shit is great today! Go Tigers!
  • Options
    Where do yall think the la shows will be? Could be staples center or the forum. 
  • Options
    marcPJfanmarcPJfan Austin, TX Posts: 807
    Ilovepj47 said:
    It’s already been said it’s at the forum
    09/16/95, 09/16/96, 06/29/98, 07/02/98, 07/05/98, 09/08/98, 09/10/98, 09/11/98, 09/18/98, 09/19/98, 06/13/99, 10/30/99, 10/31/99, 05/29/00, 05/30/00, 10/14/00, 10/17/00, 10/18/00, 11/05/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/06/02, 04/05/03, 04/06/03, 06/09/03, 10/22/03, 09/24/04, 05/12/06, 05/13/06, 05/27/06, 05/28/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 06/11/08, 06/12/08, 08/01/08, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 10/04/09, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/06/10, 05/07/10, 07/02/11, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 10/23/11, 11/15/13, 11/16/13, 10/19/14, 10/25/14, 10/26/14, 11/28/15, 04/23/16, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 09/09/17, 08/18/18, 09/02/18, 09/04/18, 10/01/21, 10/02/21, 05/06/22, 05/07/22, 05/12/22, 05/13/22, 08/31/23, 09/02/23, 09/13/23, 09/15/23, 09/18/23, 09/19/23
  • Options
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Staples is pathetic for shows....The Forum rocks, all the staff there is so great. It's small, great sound. Just a so-so area to stay....everyone book on Century Blvd now. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    edited December 2019
    Ilovepj47 said:
    Staples is pathetic for shows....The Forum rocks, all the staff there is so great. It's small, great sound. Just a so-so area to stay....everyone book on Century Blvd now. 
    The 98 shows at the forum were amazing.  Isn’t it a bad section of town?  Next to Compton or watts if memory serves me correct?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ilovepj47 said:
    The 98 shows at the forum were amazing.  Isn’t it a bad section of town?  Next to Compton or watts if memory serves me correct?
    No, next to LAX and Hawthorne, near Culver City. 
    It never was the greatest area around race track but it's changing a bit...esp with the massive new Rams/Chargers stadium right next door. 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited December 2019
    Doesn't it make more sense, logistically, to play SD after Phoenix...then move north to LA,  then Bay Area  (Trucks moving back towards Seattle/Home) ?
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    Doesn't it make more sense, logistically, to play SD after Phoenix...then move north to LA?
    Doesn't matter...Phoenix to LA then SD is no big difference
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    myoung321 said:
    Doesn't it make more sense, logistically, to play SD after Phoenix...then move north to LA?

myoung321 said:
    It is if you're moving trucks full of gear...
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:
    myoung321 said:

myoung321 said:
    It is if you're moving trucks full of gear...
    375 miles PHX to Los Angeles
    360 miles PHX to SD
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    This thread is awesome. And to think we have a fall tour to go!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......