Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,961
    Can we go back to arguing about how the odds work? The lower the number the better right? 
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    PJNB said:
    Can we go back to arguing about how the odds work? The lower the number the better right? 
    Finally, you figured it out!
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    PJNB said:

• Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    PJNB said:
    The lower numbers makes NO DIFFERENCE in the most important part of the lottery: the initial draw.

It's only a factor if your number has been successfully pulled and IF you have selected reserved seating.

(I'd love to be shown wrong on this...)
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    PJNB said:
    The lower numbers makes NO DIFFERENCE in the most important part of the lottery: the initial draw.

It's only a factor if your number has been successfully pulled and IF you have selected reserved seating.

Nooo that can’t be right 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142

PeterED said:
    PJNB said:

Nooo that can’t be right 

• Options
    afgpj said:

PeterED said:
    PJNB said:

Nooo that can’t be right 

Fake news 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    kst said:
    Similar argument is for those of us out here in CA.....lots of people include Orange County in LA (when it comes to concerts)
    Anaheim is many things, but Los Angeles, it is not.
    The owners of The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim probably disagree.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,353
    Aren’t the odds to score tickets based on city venues etc etc , if 10 thousand members all put in for 1 N.Y. show the odds of scoring are minuscule no?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,480
    PJNB said:
    I do believe he meant the lower the ODDS number the better, which is not true. 
    Low odds % means low likelihood of winning that prize.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,307
    kst said:
    Similar argument is for those of us out here in CA.....lots of people include Orange County in LA (when it comes to concerts)
    Anaheim is many things, but Los Angeles, it is not.
    Anaheim/LA isnt even remotely the same as Brooklyn/NYC.  It's more like Inglewood/LA and inglewood is la and Brooklyn is NYC.
    OMG....f'ing knit-pick.....
    I'm just bored at work putting in make up days to save vacation for our spring fling from east to west. Dont mind me.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    The New York Yankees - Bronx borough; the New York Mets -  Queens; the NY Rangers and Knicks - Manhattan; and the NY Nets - Brooklyn All play In New York City.
    the NY Islanders do not. 
    NY Jets, NJ. 
    How do we explain that?
  • Options
    afgpj said:

PeterED said:
    PJNB said:

Nooo that can’t be right 

Fake news 
    You doing any of the rumoured shows Drake?
  • Options
    afgpj said:

PeterED said:
    PJNB said:

Nooo that can’t be right 

Fake news 
    I think I'm adding oranges to the apples (!)
    I am referring to one's membership number and the role it plays in the lottery.

Apologies for confusing things.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    afgpj said:

PeterED said:
    PJNB said:

Nooo that can’t be right 

Fake news 

Your member numbers means squat when entering the lottery for tickets! Your number only comes into play for the reserved seating shows , GA is who lines up 1st gets the front of rail , senior members if they choose reserved seating usually get the best seats on the sides of stage if GA is in play ..
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    afgpj said:

PeterED said:
    PJNB said:

Nooo that can’t be right 

Fake news 

Your member numbers means squat when entering the lottery for tickets! Your number only comes into play for the reserved seating shows , GA is who lines up 1st gets the front of rail , senior members if they choose reserved seating usually get the best seats on the sides of stage if GA is in play ..
    Pretty sure that's what I wrote a few posts above.
  • Options
    PeterED said:
    PeterED said:
    afgpj said:

PeterED said:
    PJNB said:

Nooo that can’t be right 

Fake news 

Oh didn’t read back on the thread so yeah we’re in agreement on tickets 

• Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    PeterED said:
    PeterED said:
    afgpj said:

PeterED said:
    PJNB said:

Nooo that can’t be right 

Fake news 

Oh didn’t read back on the thread so yeah we’re in agreement on tickets 

Well at least we can agree on something. 
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    If only 1show in NY that will be almost impossible to score tickets too! 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,220
    Everyone go for the Canadian shows instead!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    It's going to be a blizzard everyday here though! Go for the California shows everyone. Nice and sunny!
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    PJNB said:
    It's going to be a blizzard everyday here though! Go for the California shows everyone. Nice and sunny!
    It’s going to be too hot and sunny here, try Denver, it’s beautiful there :)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    MUZIK said:
    If somebody ask me where I’m from I say the Bronx. Do I consider it New York City even though I pay New York City tax? The answer is no. 

The state will find any way to tax your ass even tho your not in the means of Manhattan.

I was born and raised here and never met a single person in my life who said they live in the city to find out they meant Brooklyn.
    Your referring to what locals mean when they say "the city" and I think everyone here agrees with you that it refers to Manhattan.

But that's not really the question.  A previous person posted a map and stated that the Barclay Center was not within the confines of New York City, which is incorrect.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,536
    The New York Yankees - Bronx borough; the New York Mets -  Queens; the NY Rangers and Knicks - Manhattan; and the NY Nets - Brooklyn All play In New York City.
    the NY Islanders do not. 
    The Islanders play in Brooklyn
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    afgpj said:

PeterED said:
    PJNB said:

Nooo that can’t be right 

Fake news 
    You doing any of the rumoured shows Drake?
    Just Nashville for now. Trying to make Phoenix happen too since I have relatives there!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    Was unlucky enough to spend two nights in Brooklyn over Christmas. The whole place is citified. Give me suburbia any day.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    the NY Islanders do not. 

Some people even wonder where in New York is New Jersey.

(New York Giants/Jets/Red Bulls...ha!)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    edited December 2019
    JimmyV said:
    Was unlucky enough to spend two nights in Brooklyn over Christmas. The whole place is citified. Give me suburbia any day.
    Did you see anyone shit in the streets? My friend was there over Christmas as well and he was complaining about the city. He said he saw shit in the street and the people are sketchy. Luckily, I’ve never encountered that when I’ve visited. I like to visit, but I can take so much of the city. It’s very exhausting. I’m not use to the hustle and bustle. After 3 days, I’m ready to leave.  
    Post edited by Melzombie on
  • Options
    Now that I think about it the spicy for is the shows people should be going to. Nashville, St Louis, Denver, Phoenix! Pass on Canada. We always get shit shows. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/4gmVYa1_H_I
    What a Great Night one I will never forget Thank You Eddie 🤘
    Thanks for sharing. Very lively crowd that night.

Good thing I’ll never get to the GA line early enough to be at the rail center. Because if Ed threw the mic at me I’d have no idea what to sing. After 29 years I still don’t understand a single word.

@Lerxst1992 said: Im disabled so they let me in on my chair before everyone, it was incredible never in a million years did I expect that 🤘
    https://youtu.be/4gmVYa1_H_I
    What a Great Night one I will never forget Thank You Eddie 🤘
    Thanks for sharing. Very lively crowd that night.

Good thing I’ll never get to the GA line early enough to be at the rail center. Because if Ed threw the mic at me I’d have no idea what to sing. After 29 years I still don’t understand a single word.