Poncier said:
    Kusy said:
    Same tour after tour.
    Dimi: tour coming, save money
    People: Impossibru. 
    Tour comes, Dimis info 100% correct
    People: :o
    Yep
    Amazing that he gets questioned every time. 
    He could very easily say nothing (and to those asking why he doesn't just post the full itinerary, its A. Things are subject to change until official and 2. He would likely lose out on his source(s) if he did), but chooses to help folks start the planning process, provide a little optimism and have a little fun. Yet always some who criticize.
    Just to clarify....I'm not "questioning" Dimi.  I have no reason to doubt his info. My point was just tell us the list rather than making it a scavenger hunt.

And yes things are subject to change.  That's why you could post a list and say "these are subject to change".  

And again...why would the source be ok with the same exact info being given out in a cryptic format vs a straightforward list?
    I get what you're saying but do you not know how much of a brat you sound like? I picture and folding your arms and stomping your feet "I want the information and I want it now"
    You must have missed my threat to jump off a building.  It got much worse than stomping my feet.
    Lol no I seen it. This thread really went off the rails between the "spoiled" back and forth and now this. 

At least we can all agree that Dimi is the man.
  • i couldnt imagine that  of all things i could do today ,one of them is to google what foot stomp means  
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    Alright, back to asking for clues: Dimi, was the Charlie Brown reference a meaningful clue (Minnesota?) and if San Diego is happening, will it either start or end the tour?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    cardoso said:
    really, is ridiculous these rumors about tour in March.
    Less than 3 months for planning travels/acomodation seems a little disrespect and the band never do this in a record time...so, my opinion are US/CAN tour in Sep/Oct/Nov.
    You can’t plan something that is 3 months out? It really isn’t that difficult.  I like the quick turnaround as opposed to waiting ten months. 
    I mean, one *can* plan things 3 months out, but more notice does make things easier for others. I've already set my work schedule for January-May. If I have a bit more notice, I can set my schedule accordingly. If not, I can make changes, but it's not ideal. 
    Maybe the idea is a quick announcement will give local fans more access to tickets since demand will be through the roof.  

That was what I was thinking and hoping for. I live in New England so I am fine with it even knowing we are not getting any shows for the spring. Getting tickets may be easier without people from all over the world trying to snag them at once.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    i couldnt imagine that  of all things i could do today ,one of them is to google what foot stomp means  
    :lol:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JM144705JM144705 Posts: 434
    i couldnt imagine that  of all things i could do today ,one of them is to google what foot stomp means  
    Hahahahahaha. You're welcome. See how we each help each other.
  • JM144705 said:
    Poncier said:
    Kusy said:
    Same tour after tour.
    Yep
    He could very easily say nothing (and to those asking why he doesn't just post the full itinerary, its A. Things are subject to change until official and 2. He would likely lose out on his source(s) if he did), but chooses to help folks start the planning process, provide a little optimism and have a little fun. Yet always some who criticize.
    Just to clarify....I'm not "questioning" Dimi.  I have no reason to doubt his info. My point was just tell us the list rather than making it a scavenger hunt.

And yes things are subject to change.  That's why you could post a list and say "these are subject to change".  

And again...why would the source be ok with the same exact info being given out in a cryptic format vs a straightforward list?
    I get what you're saying but do you not know how much of a brat you sound like? I picture and folding your arms and stomping your feet "I want the information and I want it now"
    Actually I don't want the info.  I'm fine waiting for the official release.  My point is strictly related to if a list is going to be released then release it rather than dropping hints.  And again....not a knock on Dimi.  He's the goddamn man.
    I get it but he's never posted a full list before. You should know what to expect so why come on this thread and bash the way things have been done for years...seems illogical and pointless
    I honestly don't recall.  I typically stay in the politics thread
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • CW55354 said:
    Alright, back to asking for clues: Dimi, was the Charlie Brown reference a meaningful clue (Minnesota?) and if San Diego is happening, will it either start or end the tour?
    If I call you at 3am and say "the rooster crows at midnight" you will know that it was a meaningful clue

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • GardLivingston89GardLivingston89 Posts: 942
    edited December 2019
    Anyway we can all vote a member off the thread? lol think that would be a good clue
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    Ahh c'mon Don't try to vote him off the island because he won't post a list. 😁
    Things were different then
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    Evel K said:
    Ahh c'mon Don't try to vote him off the island because he won't post a list. 😁
    He's got an immunity idol, so he's safe.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    edited December 2019
    Anyway back to the real questions.... any word on a show in between NYC and Nashville??

Raleigh, Atlanta or Charlotte could all fit in nicely... Atlanta was also originally on the 2016 schedule before Bonnaroo hit
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Anyway back to the real questions.... any word on a show in between NYC and Nashville??

Raleigh, Atlanta or Charlotte could all fit in nicely... Atlanta was also originally on the 2016 schedule before Bonnaroo hit

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    Anyway back to the real questions.... any word on a show in between NYC and Nashville??

Raleigh and Atlanta have already been ruled out (I believe).
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I don't miss AMT.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • John has a long mustache 

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    This thread has almost 300k views in a little under 2 months...impressive, most impressive.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    mcgruff10 said:
    This thread has almost 300k views in a little under 2 months...impressive, most impressive.
    impressive or obsessive? 😂 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited December 2019
    Come on Cali for Easter long weekend... that would be so sweeeeeeet. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,926
    John has a long mustache 
    The chair is against the wall. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    impressive or obsessive? 😂 
    Definitely both!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    Atlanta has been ruled out for the spring.  Fingers crossed for Fall!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mcgruff10 said:
    bump
    😂😂😂
    mcgruff10 said:
    bump
    To the top!
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Kusy said:
    Same tour after tour.
    Yep

Fairly simple. Official announcement of dates and venues is to come from the band and/or promoter. All those who are privy to that info ahead of time (crew etc.) are contractually bound not to publicly divulge info. So Dimi (or anyone else with some info) providing hints to the info he's been given doesn't steal the thunder of the actual announcement and doesn't get anyone in trouble for leaking the official info early.
    Not that tough a concept to grasp.

And if management did not want the info "leaked", these hints would end.

As we saw with Amsterdam, things change last second and this impacted multiple dates. So it's not reasonable to expect exact dates and locations "leaked".

This is management's way to give the serious fans a heads up that a tour announcement is likely forthcoming. Pun intended.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    These threads are exciting.  Stop making it not fun.   

Thank you dimi.  
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    CW55354 said:
    If I call you at 3am and say "the rooster crows at midnight" you will know that it was a meaningful clue
    Unfortunately it would mean I missed his beautiful crowing by 3 hours.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    I doubt anyone here knows definitively, but any thoughts on the timing of the upcoming announcement? I'll be out of the country for part of January and don't want to miss my chance. Any informed conjecture?
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    ecdanc said:
    I doubt anyone here knows definitively, but any thoughts on the timing of the upcoming announcement? I'll be out of the country for part of January and don't want to miss my chance. Any informed conjecture?
    Monday January 6th or Tuesday the 7th.   No inside knowledge, just a guess 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????