2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• bbiggs said:
    cardoso said:
    really, is ridiculous these rumors about tour in March.
    Less than 3 months for planning travels/acomodation seems a little disrespect and the band never do this in a record time...so, my opinion are US/CAN tour in Sep/Oct/Nov.
    Nothing against Dimi at all but I think he should just post what he knows.  Why have a hundred pages of guessing and groveling for clues.  Post the damn list based on whatever info you have and be done with it.
    Post everything he knows right away and potentially piss off his source so that he doesn’t get information in the future? Sounds like a solid plan. 
    What is the difference between that and all of the "clues"?  Like the informant will be pissed if he provides a list vs clues so that people compile the same exact list?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • MUZIK said:
    MUZIK said:
    cardoso said:
    Less than 3 months for planning travels/acomodation seems a little disrespect and the band never do this in a record time...so, my opinion are US/CAN tour in Sep/Oct/Nov.
    Nothing against Dimi at all but I think he should just post what he knows.  Why have a hundred pages of guessing and groveling for clues.  Post the damn list based on whatever info you have and be done with it.
    Or just have some patience? 
    Patience....right.  We should be patient....would it be patient to say "hey guys here is a list of cities/dates that I have info on" or is it patient to have 100 pages of people saying "Dimi if I book a flight to outer slombovia on Apr 31st am I going to see PJ?"

Maybe he doesn’t have all the info.

if he starts posting what he knows and he’s off by a few dates to last minute changes, people will be pissed.

so sit back, stay off the forum and wait until you get the official 10C email.
    Right but if he presents it as "hey here is what I've heard but don't consider it final" what is the harm vs 100 pages of clues and speculation?

I really don't understand how any of you can argue against this.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • link93 said:
    Dimi can’t just post the list. I think he has given enough clues that we have a pretty good idea of what cities just not specific dates. 
    Help me understand how posting a list is different than offering up several clues that result in the same list?

The absence of logic here is staggering

• bbiggs said:
    cardoso said:
    Post everything he knows right away and potentially piss off his source so that he doesn’t get information in the future? Sounds like a solid plan. 
    What is the difference between that and all of the "clues"?  Like the informant will be pissed if he provides a list vs clues so that people compile the same exact list?

The difference I imagine is that 10c sort of likes the organic way he does it that builds hype around the announcement then someone just coming here and posting dates.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    I'm not going to argue anything. I'm just going to enjoy the ride. Not everything needs to be an argument, even on the internet.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • I'm going to find a tall building to jump off of.  That makes as much sense as this thread.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    bbiggs said:
    cardoso said:
    I don’t know man.  This seems to be part of the process so my guess is there’s a reason for it. I personally enjoy it and prefer to have some idea of what’s coming rather than waiting completely in the dark until they announce it. This allows people to plan a bit earlier. It’s also fun to put the puzzle pieces together in my opinion. To each their own. Thanks Dimi for hooking us fellow fans up with info...much appreciated! 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    cardoso said:
    I don’t know man.  This seems to be part of the process so my guess is there’s a reason for it. I personally enjoy it and prefer to have some idea of what’s coming rather than waiting completely in the dark until they announce it. This allows people to plan a bit earlier. It’s also fun to put the puzzle pieces together in my opinion. To each their own. Thanks Dimi for hooking us fellow fans up with info...much appreciated! 
    +1
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    I'm going to find a tall building to jump off of.  That makes as much sense as this thread.

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    I'm going to find a tall building to jump off of.  That makes as much sense as this thread.
    I agree honestly. I don’t see the difference with saying “Oakland is getting a show” or posting a YouTube clip of an Oakland show. It seems he has the permission to say whatever he wants but he chooses to dangle it and leak it in small doses. I don’t mind either way. It’s just annoying that when someone brings this up they get looked at sideways. I appreciate every bit of info from Dimi. Trust me. But it is what it is. 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,808
    edited December 2019
    JDime20 said:
    JDime20 said:
    mpar17 said:
    Some of the States being mentioned (NY, CA, OH,FL )are also hosts to March Madness rounds 1 and 2. This along with all the conference tournaments could have eliminated some sites they might have wanted to play. 
    Columbus has two full size arenas, Nationwide Arena and The Schottenstein Center. If we petition quickly, maybe they’ll add one!? Grasping straws...

Other than the Varsity Club and maybe BW3 on High, there is nowhere near the Schottenstein Center to host a pre-party...and the VC is too small (probably) and BW3 might be too far by foot and the lack of parking could be bothersome.

One option for the VC would be to see if they could open up the back parking lot for an outside party, but at that time of year? Forget about it.

We absolutely want Nationwide.
    Nationwide for sure. I’d just take the Schott over no show at all. 

I have access to a presale for OSU. Presale access for Nationwide might be harder, but I got 16th row center via 10C in 2010.

I can walk to Nationwide. A show at OSU would mean free parking.

Still. OSU venue over no venue.

A show at Ohio Stadium in late summer would be awesome. Too bad we really couldn't do a Wishlist tailgate.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • The slow reveal is supposed to be fun...I'm wondering about Phoenix.  Haven't had an actual confirmation.  Should I mention to my wife that I'm planning to fly without her to yet  another Pearl Jam show in Phoenix (in addition to Europe, and Midwest)?  Or should I not mention Phoenix to her because it ain't happening?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • nicknyr15 said:
    I agree honestly. I don’t see the difference with saying “Oakland is getting a show” or posting a YouTube clip of an Oakland show. It seems he has the permission to say whatever he wants but he chooses to dangle it and leak it in small doses. I don’t mind either way. It’s just annoying that when someone brings this up they get looked at sideways. I appreciate every bit of info from Dimi. Trust me. But it is what it is. 
    Thank you.....I'm forgetting about that building thing. 

Again...nothing against Dimi.  He's the greatest.  I just don't follow the logic here.

• Dimi and this forum are very helpful!  I’m going with Denver April 6 from info here and as an early opportunity to grab Refundable air fare and hotel!  If it doesn’t work - there’s always Plan B and C!  Thanks Dimi for the hints!

• That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • JDime20JDime20 Posts: 195
    Everyone understands what you’re saying, but we all also understand that is not how this has ever worked. Coming to the thread and whining about it makes about as much sense too. You’re free to see yourself out, or cool your jets and we’ll have the announcement soon enough. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I'd love to hit up Nashville and then Twin Peaks 30 right after, but I dragged my wife to all the filming locations last summer when we were in WA, so not sure she'd be too pleased.

Having said that, when is a good time to start drinking Pepsi? Then I can finally stay at the Stanley hotel while I'm in the area. She probably wouldn't be too pleased with that either, but it's something new at least.
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,380
    Honestly, I'm surprised it took so long for the "Dimi should post everything he knows" post. It happens every time the rumors really start heating up. People talk about odds and booking hotels and other people freak out from the FOMO. Death, taxes, and bitching about Dimi not posting a tour list.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • JDime20 said:
    Everyone understands what you’re saying, but we all also understand that is not how this has ever worked. Coming to the thread and whining about it makes about as much sense too. You’re free to see yourself out, or cool your jets and we’ll have the announcement soon enough. 
    Not really whining....just pointing out how illogical it all is.  You are all adults for christsakes

• CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    My kid made the same argument to me over the weekend. “Presents are bought and wrapped under the tree, why do I have to wait till the 25th to unwrap the damn things?” 
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    JDime20 said:
    Not really whining....just pointing out how illogical it all is.  You are all adults for christsakes
    You not understanding something does not make it illogical. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    CW55354 said:
    My kid made the same argument to me over the weekend. “Presents are bought and wrapped under the tree, why do I have to wait till the 25th to unwrap the damn things?” 
    😂
  • CW55354 said:
    Actually a proper comparison would be this...

Kid: Dad will you tell me all of the presents you got me before xmas?  
    CW: No but I will give you cryptic clues so that you can come up with the list.

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited December 2019
    I probably should have booked a Baltimore hotel.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    Fuck I can not imagine what a shit show it would be here if we had the presents under the tree already lol. 
  • For those thinking about St. Louis. The Cards opening weekend is the same weekend as the possible 4/4 show. Hotels will be selling out so it's worth snagging refundable rooms right now especially if it's a Saturday 4/4 show and everyone from the Midwest coming into town for the show. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • ecdanc said:
    JDime20 said:
    You not understanding something does not make it illogical. 
    I understand that it is illogical.

• JDime20 said:
    Just because we are all adults doesn't mean we can't have some fun, isn't that the whole idea of life and going to see Pearl Jam anyways is to have fun and a good time listening to some music. If anything I guess you can be mad at the band if you want but I'm sure we will all be fine with the short notice. But the thing is Dimi doesn't owe any of us anything, he can do what he wants, we should be happy we have a fan like him that can tell us any info at all, I'm happy he gives us the info he does..just be happy with what you get and if you hate this thread stay off of it. Noone forces you to come on it. Dimi Rocks Baby!
  • KusyKusy Posts: 351
    Same tour after tour.
    Dimi: tour coming, save money
    People: Impossibru. 
    Tour comes, Dimis info 100% correct
    People: :o
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Rumored Denver dates around Rockies opening day also