The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• benjs said:
    brianlux said:

And find and purchase that Telecaster of my dreams and a cherry vintage Fender Deluxe (or Princeton) Reverb amp.  Do I want lots of money?  Heck yeah!  Is that selfish, hell no.

In a world where you could stop kids in the world from dying with that money. Yes, it is selfish. 
    I'm with my friend Brian on this one. I bought my first Tele 12 years ago, and my first nicer-quality amp (Fender Deluxe Reverb) 2 years ago. Will be buying myself a new Tele this year without guilt. I hope over my lifetime to give the value of that guitar many times over to worthy causes.
    I don't see any argument against what I said in here. Have fun with your tele. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332

Warren: Half My Cabinet Will Be Women

https://youtu.be/pEiASfG6sBQ

What about transgendered????
    "Non binary" is mentioned in the beginning of the video.
    Hahaha jokes on me. Swing and a miss 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    We just have to agree to disagree on the tax code.
    Looks like someone needs to be sent some issues of the beloved comicbook Bamse. 

Translated just for you:

"The one who is strong, also has to be kind"

- Bamse
    Live look at that turtle when someone explains to him what ICE does and how they're funded

What does Mitch have to do with anything?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited January 2020

It's okey. We're used to it.

:P

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    benjs said:
    brianlux said:

And find and purchase that Telecaster of my dreams and a cherry vintage Fender Deluxe (or Princeton) Reverb amp.  Do I want lots of money?  Heck yeah!  Is that selfish, hell no.

In a world where you could stop kids in the world from dying with that money. Yes, it is selfish. 
    I'm with my friend Brian on this one. I bought my first Tele 12 years ago, and my first nicer-quality amp (Fender Deluxe Reverb) 2 years ago. Will be buying myself a new Tele this year without guilt. I hope over my lifetime to give the value of that guitar many times over to worthy causes.
    I don't see any argument against what I said in here. Have fun with your tele. 
    Thanks! Here's my argument: my guitar has been one of few tools effective at fending off my depression whenever I feel myself getting there. If I can't find a source of joy for myself, I'm in no position to help others. Call it materialistic, I'm not as good a person as others, but it's an important source of self-therapy for me. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    What's wrong with being selfish anyhow?  I don't mean in a way that's detrimental to others or being piggishly "mine mine mine!", but as with the many judgments we make on a daily basis, we do the same with our wants and needs.

I might find one's purchases ridiculous or over the top, but that's their choice.  There shouldn't even have to be a disclaimer of "well, I give X amount to charities so this is OK".

You worked for it, you bought it, done.

Answers are not owed to anyone but ourselves.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Translated just for you:

- Bamse
    Live look at that turtle when someone explains to him what ICE does and how they're funded

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    hedonist said:
    What's wrong with being selfish anyhow?  I don't mean in a way that's detrimental to others or being piggishly "mine mine mine!", but as with the many judgments we make on a daily basis, we do the same with our wants and needs.

I might find one's purchases ridiculous or over the top, but that's their choice.  There shouldn't even have to be a disclaimer of "well, I give X amount to charities so this is OK".

Agreed.  For example, one could argue that buying records is a very selfish exercise.  There are plenty of ways to listen to music that are less taxing on teh environment and also allow a person to donate that money to charity (or to voluntary gov't tax) instead.  But candidly I buy records, and I know Spiritual Chaos does as well.  
  • mrussel1 said:
    hedonist said:

Agreed.  For example, one could argue that buying records is a very selfish exercise.  There are plenty of ways to listen to music that are less taxing on teh environment and also allow a person to donate that money to charity (or to voluntary gov't tax) instead.  But candidly I buy records, and I know Spiritual Chaos does as well.  
    I have never said I am not doing selfish things. It was not stated out of some holier than thou. you are. point of view.

ITS NOT WHO YOU ARE
    ITS WHO YOU KNOOOOW
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,620
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:a5afeeced55a861fe7dc253ec065cdde
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

Translated just for you:

- Bamse

Whoa!  :lol:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    edited January 2020
    My 60s reissue tele.  @brianlux
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Please start a seperate thread for discussions on guitars, that obviously are worse and less sexy than the amazing Hagström guitars. 

mcgruff10 said:
    My 60s reissue tele.  @brianlux

A beauty, McG!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Please start a seperate thread for discussions on guitars, that obviously are worse and less sexy than the amazing Hagström guitars. 

Oh, but around here, digression is so much fun!  :lol:

@Spiritual_Chaos
    havong these for dinner tonight. No joke. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

Only tried the "impossible burger" or whatever Burger King has for their vegan whopper (which was quite fun to try out, never had a whopper before)
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

Only tried the "impossible burger" or whatever Burger King has for their vegan whopper (which was quite fun to try out, never had a whopper before)
    I ll let you know bud.  
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

I ll let you know bud.  
    You better, miller
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

I ll let you know bud.  
    You better, miller
    See, we can all be friends if we try hard enough!  
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

I ll let you know bud.  
    You better, miller
    I think we d all be cool at a pj show if we talk don’t religion or politics lol

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

I think they're pretty good! If given a choice between an average fast-food burger and these, I go for them every time. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

I ll let you know bud.  
    You better, miller

Or Sirens. 
  • ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

I ll let you know bud.  
    You better, miller

Or Sirens. 
    What do you think about "You Are" @ecdanc
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

I ll let you know bud.  
    You better, miller

Or Sirens. 
    What a dick move. ;)
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332

It's okey. We're used to it.

:P

HAHAHAHA. In baseball you can hit 3/10 and be an all star. I’m a first ballot HOFer
    hippiemom = goodness
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

I ll let you know bud.  
    You better, miller

Or Sirens. 

• ecdanc said:
    ecdanc said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    @Spiritual_Chaos
    How are they?

I ll let you know bud.  
    You better, miller

Or Sirens. 

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,746
      'I'm a Democrat': Biden Accuses Sanders of Not Being a Party Member
    https://news.yahoo.com/im-democrat-biden-accuses-sanders-132141871.html

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
      'I'm a Democrat': Biden Accuses Sanders of Not Being a Party Member
    https://news.yahoo.com/im-democrat-biden-accuses-sanders-132141871.html

It begins. 

Biden:

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited January 2020
    Prefer who you want. Vote for who you want. Hate Bernie all you want. But you will not see an ad as powerful as this one for any other presidential candidate. This is the "Nicholas Cage falling to his knees with the lit flares in The Rock" of political ads.

This discussion has been closed.