The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Warren out.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    mrussel1 said:
    Both...for now. Certainly I like Biden's chances against Sanders much more now than I did a week ago though. But I still think he's a somewhat weak candidate. I understand that Obamas (exciting candidates) don't just grow on trees. But in this, the most important election ever (or so I've been told), the election that will rid us of the diabolical Team Trump Treason, it's unfortunate that the Dems have to settle on Biden, who first ran for President THIRTY years ago. 

But on the other hand, good for Biden. He's put in his time in that Democratic Party. And all these years later, he's still standing. I respect that. And he has my vote. So go get 'em, Joe. 
    I find the bolded words above interesting. We didn't have to settle. We had more than 20 candidates to pick from, with a variety of strengths and experiences and policy proposals. We just pecked at them one by one until they were forced to drop out because nobody would get behind them. "Too many candidates." "Not winnable." "Never heard of him." "Not ready for a woman." "He's gay."  And now we're like, oh great, we're stuck with Joe Biden. 
    Ha! So true.  There's only been 4 great Democrats in the past 80 years.. FDR, JFC, WJC and Barack. Yet we sit around and wait for one and complain. 
    Great is the enemy of good.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    Wow... So now it's truly one on one. 

The next round of states really set up well for Biden... Michigan, FL, GA, these should be fertile ground.  If Biden wins them all, it's effectively over.  And that just means Sanders will definitely win Michigan, throwing us back into chaos.  

I do think Sanders needs a fairly decisive win in Michigan.  It's not easy to claw back delegates.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    edited March 2020
    Sad. She was the best choice and would have taken Trump apart on the mythical debate stage. Now it will just be two (too?) old men yelling at each other and very easy for people to pretend they are same. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Warren out.
    About time.  Good luck to her.  I didn’t like her college loan forgiveness plan but I definitely would have voted for her.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,855
    Think we are better served with her in the Senate. Shes an effective voice there.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    So Tulsi top 3 candidate now :-)

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    JimmyV said:
    Sad. She was the best choice and would have taken Trump apart on the mythical debate stage. Now it will just be two (too?) old men yelling at each other and very easy for people to pretend they are same. 

I am very thankful voters and poll respondents and Massachusetts residents responded to her in the way that they did. I'll stop there as today is not the day to pile on.
    So Tulsi top 3 candidate now :-)
    Post of the day :)
    pjl44 said:

If you spend $400 on NYE Olive Garden you will have one rockin and incredible night!
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    JimmyV said:
    I agree.  Of the 20 plus people in from Day 1, I always thought she was smartest and most able to do the job (not that those things matter).  And now Trump is the youngest person left (not counting Tulski).
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    mrussel1 said:

That's good news. A couple states like this and we can hopefully get Sanders to see the light and endorse early... this time
    mrussel1 said:

That's good news. A couple states like this and we can hopefully get Sanders to see the light and endorse early... this time
    well he isnt a Dem so.......... why should he?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

Independent Sanders/Warren ticket?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

again with this shiat?!

We are two party system. Our checks and balances are in the three branches of government.  Bernie running as an Independent will be at the expense of additional Congressional seats.  We already lost two supreme Court Justices and a slew of federal court appointments. we can't afford to make the same mistake again.  

Sanders needs to lead, follow, or get out of the way.  He's already proven he can't lead, which leaves him 2 other options.

dankind said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:

not sure about that. but seeing him sitting there at the 16 convention, unenthused suggests to me he might be willing to blow it up just because he can. he's been railing about "the establishment" and bragging about HIS movement......

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

JimmyV said:

I am very thankful voters and poll respondents and Massachusetts residents responded to her in the way that they did. I'll stop there as today is not the day to pile on.
    You can pile on. If you guys are wrong about Biden I will never, ever let you forget it, so fair is fair. :smiley:

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

You can pile on. If you guys are wrong about Biden I will never, ever let you forget it, so fair is fair. :smiley:
    Wrong about what?
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Wrong about what?
    That he is the best option to beat Trump, that what happened after South Carolina was good, that the Party isn't making a mistake, etc. 

CM189191 said:

sounds about right....

JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Wrong about what?
    That he is the best option to beat Trump, that what happened after South Carolina was good, that the Party isn't making a mistake, etc. 
    Losing to Trump in the fall doesn't mean Sanders would win.  At the end of the day, you count the votes and the primary voices matter.  We now have empirical evidence that the youth did not turn out for Sanders but the middle and older voters did.  That's been the case for decades and no reason to think that would change in the fall either.  While losing in Nov scares the crap out of me, the real nightmare would be to lose the House with it.  And I think that is very REAL danger that Sanders poses.  
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Wrong about what?
    Losing to Trump in the fall doesn't mean Sanders would win.  At the end of the day, you count the votes and the primary voices matter.  We now have empirical evidence that the youth did not turn out for Sanders but the middle and older voters did.  That's been the case for decades and no reason to think that would change in the fall either.  While losing in Nov scares the crap out of me, the real nightmare would be to lose the House with it.  And I think that is very REAL danger that Sanders poses.  
    I'm not a Sanders guy. My exchange with Lerx was about Warren. 

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    This was on Hannity so take it with a grain of salt, but he said that Trump (running unopposed) got more votes in the Texas republican primary on Tuesday than Sanders, Biden, and Warren got combined in the democratic primary in Texas. And I've seen some other good numbers for Trump in the pre-Super Tuesday primaries. Seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for Republican voters to get out vote for him.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Wrong about what?
    Fair, but I don't think Biden was standing in the way of Warren.  She lost to him.  The other candidates lost to Biden.  It's astonishing that she came in third in MA, and Biden won.  It really shows where the party truly is.  
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:

Wrong about what?
    Fair, but I don't think Biden was standing in the way of Warren.  She lost to him.  The other candidates lost to Biden.  It's astonishing that she came in third in MA, and Biden won.  It really shows where the party truly is.  
    more to the point it shows where the party isnt....

This discussion has been closed.