Options

The Democratic Presidential Debates

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,687
    Old people like to yell and shake - a lot 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,798

Klomentum
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722
    CM189191 said:

Klomentum
    BANNED!
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,798
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

Klomentum
    BANNED!
    lol
    Everyone hates when I say that
    She's still the best person for the job
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    CM189191 said:

Klomentum
    BANNED!
    lol
    Everyone hates when I say that
    She's still the best person for the job
    I like her.  Skin seems a tad thin though. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Steyer's ads run ad nauseam here.  I can't stand the guy.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365
    We're screwed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,799
    My take and final choice after tonight's debate:

Bloomberg:  Better this debate but still, Can't Buy Me Love.
    Warren:  Not looking very presidential these days.  Sorry, Liz.  Stay in congress where we need you!
    Bernie:  Takes the lead (for my vote) by a nose in the final round.  I really liked his answers to the misunderstanding/motto question.
    Biden:  Have great golden years, Joe, you deserve them.  But not as president.
    Pete:  Pete blew it for me with what I saw as arrogant posturing and ridiculous bating/misunderstanding over the Cuba thing.
    Klobuchar.  Amy, Amy, Amy.  I had hopes but a few too many stumbles for me.  Try again next time!
    Steyer:  A good try, but not my choice.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Bernie having a really bad night.
    Bad night, bad week. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    Yeah I really disagree with that. Bernie has an awful night in my opinion. He still couldn’t answer anything, he had some weird senior moments where it didn’t seems clear why he was saying something. 

Sure he yelled and waved his arms around a lot. But I thought it was a pretty bad performance under attack.

but then again I would almost flip that entire thing around. I thought Warren wasn’t good. I thought Biden was endearing but not good. 

I thought Amy, Pete and Bloomberg had the better debate. Perhaps I just don’t like people shaking and yelling and carrying on like a bunch of old cooks “get off my lawn”!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,178
    edited February 2020
    Yeah I really disagree with that. Bernie has an awful night in my opinion. He still couldn’t answer anything, he had some weird senior moments where it didn’t seems clear why he was saying something. 

Sure he yelled and waved his arms around a lot. But I thought it was a pretty bad performance under attack.

but then again I would almost flip that entire thing around. I thought Warren wasn’t good. I thought Biden was endearing but not good. 

I thought Amy, Pete and Bloomberg had the better debate. Perhaps I just don’t like people shaking and yelling and carrying on like a bunch of old cooks “get off my lawn”!

Bloomberg should spend a hundred million this week on what a lying a hole Warren is with excerpts from the the debate 

warren was a republican for at least 20 years, much longer than Bloomberg, and never ran a city that needed congress to receive federal support. That’s the system warren, you donate to get help from DC

Edit, and polls like that spirit, are the same ones that told us Hilary was a better debater than trump. Let’s take a moment to celebrate President Hilary.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    edited February 2020

Yeah this is basically how I saw it too. I actually thought Bloomberg came off the most presidential, but in a boring John Kerry/Mitt Romney sort of way. His cringeworthy attempts at jokes and planted supporters in the crowd notwithstanding. 

Warren had that great one-liner to start the last debate and tried to kill Bloomberg again, and my god did it fall flat with me this time. I was sitting there thinking “Ok Liz, he said something mean to a pregnant woman many years ago. Move on already.” Character issues and mean, even harassing statements aren’t going to bring someone down in the age of a Trump.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Democrats....the gift that keeps on giving.  I can’t wait to watch The President debate one of these  mushbrains who wins the Democratic nomination.  I am hoping it’s Bernie....better have a defibrillator at the ready 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,950
    Democrats....the gift that keeps on giving.  I can’t wait to watch The President debate one of these  mushbrains who wins the Democratic nomination.  I am hoping it’s Bernie....better have a defibrillator at the ready 
    Your president is almost unintelligible in conversation, and like most cowards, doesn't put himself in situations where he has to confront dissent (especially not of the reasonable variety). If Trump does what his character suggests he will, he simply won't show up and will throw cheap punches from behind his Twitter account like he usually does, and you'll undoubtedly be right back here then to proudly declare the genius of your fearless leader.

Thank you for always sharing your hubris so freely on here.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Republicans... calling a young girl named Greta "ANTIFA" because they don't know what they are talking about and being fooled by anything being put up in front of them.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,222
    edited February 2020
    How would Pete survive in a debate against Trump? 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    So, I watched part of the debate with someone that is right leaning moderate.  Wants to vote Democrat.  When Warren went after bloomberg for helping re-elected Lindsey G and talked about how he supported Repub and Dem candidates alike.  They said "Isn't that a good thing? Don't you need to work with both?"

They didn't last too long in the debate though, hating the shouting.  

I actually felt bad for Biden at times as he seemed to be the one following the rules the most...he even brought it up.  He actually stopped talking when he was supposed to.  Man - that was a disappointing debate.  I realize I am not the target audience for the Dem primary, but I should be for the general election (or at least 1 of the target audiences).  Since Bernie has been rising I had been trying to "get there" and be prepared to vote for him vs Trump...damn does he make that tough.  I'm not there today.  I hope Amy or Pete are still viable in middle march.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,687
    Had a drink and read for a few hours vs. watching the debate.  Glad to hear I missed more of the same bullshit that I saw last time.
  • Options
    Had a drink and read for a few hours vs. watching the debate.  Glad to hear I missed more of the same bullshit that I saw last time.
    I saw the Lion King on Broadway.  It was probably a more adult experience. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,229
    So, I watched part of the debate with someone that is right leaning moderate.  Wants to vote Democrat.  When Warren went after bloomberg for helping re-elected Lindsey G and talked about how he supported Repub and Dem candidates alike.  They said "Isn't that a good thing? Don't you need to work with both?"

I think there's a difference between a Democrat working with a Republican already in office vs. giving a Republican a pile of money to help in his campaign to defeat a Democrat 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    benjs said:
    Your president is almost unintelligible in conversation, and like most cowards, doesn't put himself in situations where he has to confront dissent (especially not of the reasonable variety). If Trump does what his character suggests he will, he simply won't show up and will throw cheap punches from behind his Twitter account like he usually does, and you'll undoubtedly be right back here then to proudly declare the genius of your fearless leader.

Thank you for always sharing your hubris so freely on here.
    Yeah, he wont debate. He's a giant pussy.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

100% better off for going and enjoying something like that and enjoying the world vs. watching a bunch of pretend lions growl at one another
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,965
    mrussel1 said:
    I watched maybe three or four minutes before I switched the channel in disgust.  Rangers had a big win last night!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I watched maybe three or four minutes before I switched the channel in disgust.  Rangers had a big win last night!!
    Yes they did.  Still have a chance. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Yep that's about how long I lasted before I switched to Netflix.  I don't know how people can watch that shit....it's such an absurd display.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Bernie certainly yells loud and acts like an jerk all the time, I agree.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Bernie certainly yells loud and acts like an jerk all the time, I agree.
    Not disagreeing with that.

But in this context I guess it depends on who's time it was to talk.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,178
    pjl44 said:

I think there's a difference between a Democrat working with a Republican already in office vs. giving a Republican a pile of money to help in his campaign to defeat a Democrat 

NYC needs it's fair share of funding from congress.

Per capita, NY always gets the short end of the financial stick (like PJ concerts per capita)

That's why he built relationships with both parties FFS warren.
This discussion has been closed.