albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Been on my phone all day :-(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I am.
    I spend all night and most of the day on my phone or laptop.
    It's quite sad.
    Struggling to break my addiction and it's getting in the way of doing other things like reading a book, watching television, doing something creative like painting and guitar playing.
    Get a job that occupies 8 hours of your day and you sleep 7-8 hours..that'ss a lot less social media time.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Or study full time again lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Just curious, what do you do for money?  I mean your in 30's living with your folks.  You still need some money.  Please don't say they are giving you an allowance?  LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I only post my artwork on Instagram. I check other people's posts often.
    Part of wanting to keep Facebook is to post my artwork there in artists groups I'm in
    By your own admission, your addiction is preventing you from producing any new art work to share, which seems to be the point (or part of the point) of you remaining on FB. Set up parameters for when you go on FB (say, only once in the morning and once in the afternoon/evening), or set as a goal that you won't go on until you have a new piece of art to share. You can get news from other mediums, so don't use that as a justification for staying on. You have a choice.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I grew up in Darke County Ohio.  There is an FB group called "Busted in Darke County" that is pure comedy gold.

My old hometown has about 25,000 residents.  Drugs (meth, heroin, etc.) are prevalent and the admin of this group posts about everyone who gets taken to jail.  She will post mugshot, offense, etc.  Many times the family members, friends or the perp themselves will get on the FB post and argue with other posters.

Great stuff.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen old high school classmates on there.  Unreal.
    Hahaha Tuscarawas County Ohio, here.
    Our version is called T-County's Finest.
    Sad comedy gold.

It's actually T-County Finest because they got shut down for violent threats and had to drop the " 's " lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I'm not addicted, but I use too much and I don't always use responsibly.
    I post angrily sometimes and I'm conditioned by years of novel reading to be entertained at all times, so when I haven't made it to the library I find myself scrolling too much.

I live in the country without an internet connection, so my social media life is filtered through a spotty 3G connection. 
    It's hard to be addicted to something you don't have access to!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thankfully, no.  Not a member of any online group save for here.  I just don't need (or want) it.

Anyone who places their self-worth in the hands of strangers, whether it's via "likes", "followers", negative comments....DON'T.

Yeah yeah, I know...easier said than done, for many.
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Not necessarily social media, apart from this board (haven’t used fb in ages, no twitter or instagram) but I’m definitely on my phone too much. 
    I think I'd fall into this category as well. I use social media apps, but no more than I use sports apps, look at old pictures, visit sites like this one, surf the web, and most of all, use YouTube. And it's not that I'm on it every waking second, or that I'm looking at my phone while someone is trying to have a conversation with me, or that I would rather be on it than do something fun and/or productive. But as I watch television, I'll be looking at something else on my phone. When I go out on my porch to have a cigarette, I bring my phone. Hate to admit it, but I can't tell you the last time I took a shit without bringing my phone in the bathroom with me. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    edited September 2019
    I turn off notifications on all my apps except calls, texts, & sports scores, and also turn off auto-play on Youtube. It makes walking away much easier and it's less tempting to check things so often.

turned off email alerts.  that was huge.
    Yep, I only use the icon badge for email and even that's annoying because it makes me want to open & clear it out.  I should probably just turn off email on my phone all together.  I never even look at most of it, just goes straight to the trash.  And GMail is the fucking worst!  Every god damn iteration of my name, I get ALL the emails.  (e.g. mine is "c.a.dyer@" but I'll get emails for cadyer, c-a-dyer, c.adyer, cady.er, etc because 15 years later Google still can't figure out how to differentiate character registers.)
    I have the same problem.
    I used to reply to say that the email was sent to the wrong address. Now I just delete.
    I have no notifications turned on at all, aside from missed called and text messages. I also don't keep any social media apps or my email on my phone's desktop. They stay buried in my apps folder, so I have to actively search for them when I want to access them... That is less successful for facebook, but it works like a charm for email. I literally never check my email unless I'm on my PC at work.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Addicted to social media...lmfao.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
    The racist and homophobic comments on Facebook bring me down.
    The thing I hate about FB is it seems to know everything about me- what music I listen to, what vitamins I take, what I like to read.  It's super invasive.  It looks at everything you check out on the internet.  It's worse than Big Brother.  Or, well, maybe it is Big Brother.  If it weren't for a few people who only keep in touch with me via FB, I would dump it in a heartbeat.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Great contribution. :clap:
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    The racist and homophobic comments on Facebook bring me down.
    The thing I hate about FB is it seems to know everything about me- what music I listen to, what vitamins I take, what I like to read.  It's super invasive.  It looks at everything you check out on the internet.  It's worse than Big Brother.  Or, well, maybe it is Big Brother.  If it weren't for a few people who only keep in touch with me via FB, I would dump it in a heartbeat.
    Of course it’s BB.  Cocksuckerfuckerberg is a government stooge.  
  • Options
    What's funny?
    I've been on my phone all day.
    12 hours.
    I'm struggling to put my phone away.
    I thought about playing guitar or reading a book today but just had no motivation.
  • Options
    Just curious, what do you do for money?  I mean your in 30's living with your folks.  You still need some money.  Please don't say they are giving you an allowance?  LOL
    Government student assistance payments.
    Plus savings from my time working.
    I couldn't live with myself if I were receiving an allowance from my folks.

• Options
    Government student assistance payments.
    Plus savings from my time working.
    I couldn't live with myself if I were receiving an allowance from my folks.

Dude.  You are the only one that can solve the problems you constantly are unhappy within your life.  People here have given you plenty of reasonable suggestions and you have excuses why those suggestions will not work.  In a nutshell, I think if you could you'd never leave home or school.  It is your responsibility to have gotten your shit together by now...no one else.  A lot of us have had less than ideal families, that's why I left ADSAP and have never moved back...but hey it is your life.  Life is to short to be wandering around.  Get a job and a place to live and maybe other things will fall into place.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I agree with what you're saying.
    Believe me, I want to do what you're saying.
    I just can't. I've lost hope in finding a job or happiness or a purpose in life.
    I often have suicidal ideation, have spoken to my psychologist about this.
    The exercises I've been given do not work.
    I fear death so I don't want to die and don't want to hurt my loved ones.
    I'm just existing without living. 
    I'm ashamed of myself. My family don't care about me. And I wonder whether I've lost the respect of my friends.
  • Options
    I agree with what you're saying.
    Believe me, I want to do what you're saying.
    I just can't. I've lost hope in finding a job or happiness or a purpose in life.
    I often have suicidal ideation, have spoken to my psychologist about this.
    The exercises I've been given do not work.
    I fear death so I don't want to die and don't want to hurt my loved ones.
    I'm just existing without living. 
    I'm ashamed of myself. My family don't care about me. And I wonder whether I've lost the respect of my friends.
    Are you still seeing the same psychologist as a year ago?  Have you sought out a different one (or maybe give a couple different ones a try)?  I'm not a professional, so maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, but I think it would benefit to stop looking at such a big picture of "job/career/long-term relationship/purpose in life."  When you look that far ahead and make the big picture your goal, it puts such a huge burden on you that it's like "Why even try? This is all too much to overcome!"  Have to get out of that mindset.  Focus on "today," one day at a time. I know it's a cliche thing to say, but it's true.  Focus on the small daily victories instead of epic battles.  And understand that, if you have a bad day, it's still ok.
  • Options
    Hey,
    Saw a different psychologist.
    That's a very good point you made.
    Small steps. Break it down.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Hey,
    Saw a different psychologist.
    That's a very good point you made.
    Small steps. Break it down.
    Thank you.
    Sure thing man.  See, right there is something to build on. You brought some of your worries to light and you got some information you think could be helpful.  Positive thing.