smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Social Worker Richmond, VA 
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,212
    Class-action lawyer, St. Louis 
  • Options
    fgalpernfgalpern Posts: 208
    Great thread! Fun to learn about everyone's backgrounds.

I run a small video game developer/publisher called PuzzleNation. We mostly make traditional puzzles in digital form - crosswords, word search and sudoku. Not super sexy, but it is lucrative for our parent company, Three Across, owned by the folks who own Penny Press and Dell Magazines. I do everything except write code - manage the team, design the apps, create all artwork and run our marketing. Our app Daily POP Crosswords features a different theme every day, Tuesdays are our Music themed puzzle day. If you like the app, shoot me a private message and I'll hook you up with some free coins. :)

I also spend a considerable amount of time writing, recording and performing live in a band called Plug. You can learn more about us at plugpvd.com. Relevant to interests here, the late, great Shawn Smith contributed vocals to a song on our recently released EP, Block Out The Sun. You can hear it on Spotify, Apple Music and streaming services by going here.

I also teach Photoshop, game art and animation at a few different local colleges, including RiSD, University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, and Bristol Community College.
    10C Member # 6,9XX - from 1992 to Present, attended 40 shows and counting...
  • Options
    DM105960DM105960 Posts: 106
    im an HR manager supporting the midwest sales division for a beauty supply/consultation organization.  i used to be in HR for radio.... poor poor radio.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    work in healthcare data analytics and been getting into data science over the last 2 years
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    I am an educator in Belgium and I have been working for 15 years with refugee children

🙏👏👏
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    fgalpern said:

I run a small video game developer/publisher called PuzzleNation. We mostly make traditional puzzles in digital form - crosswords, word search and sudoku. Not super sexy, but it is lucrative for our parent company, Three Across, owned by the folks who own Penny Press and Dell Magazines. I do everything except write code - manage the team, design the apps, create all artwork and run our marketing. Our app Daily POP Crosswords features a different theme every day, Tuesdays are our Music themed puzzle day. If you like the app, shoot me a private message and I'll hook you up with some free coins. :)

I also spend a considerable amount of time writing, recording and performing live in a band called Plug. You can learn more about us at plugpvd.com. Relevant to interests here, the late, great Shawn Smith contributed vocals to a song on our recently released EP, Block Out The Sun. You can hear it on Spotify, Apple Music and streaming services by going here.

I also teach Photoshop, game art and animation at a few different local colleges, including RiSD, University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, and Bristol Community College.
    I LOVE puzzles.  Never done them online though. I actually really love jigsaw puzzles but my Pumpkin (kittycat) would never allow it.  I'd have to move it into a locked closet every night, lol.  I'll check out your stuff.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Firefighter / Paramedic in SoCal  and also own a surf apparel company called Rise Up Clothing. Check us out on IG. Riseupclothingcompany :)
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 696
    Urban Planner northwest of Toronto 
  • Options
    jhager79jhager79 Kitchener Ontario Posts: 234
    Meat Manager/ former butcher for Metro in Ontario 
    [img][/img]Kitchener2005
    Toronto 2003
    Toronto 2000
    Barrie 1998
    Toronto 1993
    London 2005

Toronto 2006 May 9/10
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto Sept 11/12 2011
    London 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 2016 May 10/12
    Chicago 2018 N2
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,307
    I own a bar, restaurant and live entertainment venue about 40 minutes outside of Chicago.  We have this in about 2 weeks if anyone is in the area.  I would love to meet you! 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    wwsuicide said:
    I own a bar, restaurant and live entertainment venue about 40 minutes outside of Chicago.  We have this in about 2 weeks if anyone is in the area.  I would love to meet you! 
    Which suburb?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    edited July 2019

Stagehand / Carpenter / Electrician

Northeast Ohio

10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    fgalpern said:

I LOVE puzzles.  Never done them online though. I actually really love jigsaw puzzles but my Pumpkin (kittycat) would never allow it.  I'd have to move it into a locked closet every night, lol.  I'll check out your stuff.
    I'm a jigsaw puzzle junkie.  I have to seep them out in the garage with the books so I won't be tempted to sit around all day and work puzzles.  They are fun though and especially in the winter when more cooped up anyway. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    jmug23 said:
    Firefighter / Paramedic in SoCal  and also own a surf apparel company called Rise Up Clothing. Check us out on IG. Riseupclothingcompany :)
    Much respect for firefighter/ paramedics.  Thank you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,794
    wwsuicide said:
    Hobart? Hey neighbor! I've seen some folks from Warsaw, South Bend, Valpo and Highland 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    KICK7071KICK7071 In My Tree, ON Posts: 712
    Chief Electrical Estimator in the ICI Sector, Toronto, ON
    Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Buffalo 05-10-2010 / Toronto 09-11-2011 /
    Hamilton 09-15-2011 / London - Canada 07-16-2013 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-10-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
    Amsterdam 06-12-2018 / Amsterdam 06-13-2018 / Chicago 08-18-2018 / Boston 09-02-2018 / Boston 09-04-2018 / Quebec City 09-01-2022 / Ottawa 09-03-2022 / Hamilton 09-06-2022 / Toronto 09-08-2022 / New York City 09-11-2022 / Chicago 09-05-2023 / Chicago 09-07-2023 / Austin 09-18-2023 / Austin 09-19-2023
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,001
    All I need is some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    BUDDMANBUDDMAN Posts: 20
    Domestic Engineer NC 
  • Options
    EBodEBod Posts: 216
    Currently in Delayed Entrance Program for the U.S Air Force.

-Hilliard Ohio
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    imca43 said:
    1upstate said:
    imca43 said:
    Syracuse, NY. Death Claims Analyst by day. Racecar/Sign vinyl graphics and new racecar parts by night. Why two jobs? Cause after 22 years of being a cubicle office rotting shlub, i decided enough is enough. I want a job that i love, or atleast have interest in. So i startws my own business. We have grand plans but execution is killer. We have the vision to make them happen its just the funding to make it a reality is not likely. So at age 42 i'll keep plugging away at it and see how close i can get before my number is called.

Live 20 miles north of Syracuse.  I'm a CPA and currently work as part time CFO for smaller companies that don't need me 40 hours a week. I actually work with start ups a lot. Some are people with great ideas and a dream, and others are just dreamers.  Right now I'm accumulating F.U. money....  
    Holy small world. I'm originally from 20 minutes north of syracuse (Constantia) but now reside in Baldwinsville. 
    in the square myself, 1.5 miles north of 49, to east of 11... small world, indeed... 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    kids dentist in fort lauderdale fl,
    lead singer rhythm guitar for the Capricorn Blues Band :)
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    VP of a non-profit in NH
  • Options
    wwsuicide said:
    Which suburb?
    Just across the border.  Hobart, IN
  • Options
    wwsuicide said:
    Hobart? Hey neighbor! I've seen some folks from Warsaw, South Bend, Valpo and Highland 
    Yes!  Hobart!  Hoping to meet some great people from the forum this night!
  • Options
    fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 136
    wwsuicide said:
    wwsuicide said:
    Yes!  Hobart!  Hoping to meet some great people from the forum this night!
    Very cool venue! My son's band, Fayde, has actually played at your place a number of times recently. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Attorney now working as Customs Compliance Director for a start up freight company. Went from park avenue office with dedicated admin to a loft in Chelsea where every wears flip flops and has a dog!
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Special education director for the state of Hawaii
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 542
    edited July 2019
    Licensed Professional Therapist in Pittsburgh.
    Post edited by rival9500 on
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2