While we wait..what's your gig?

Comments

• MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    corporate health care...nuff said. Torrance, CA!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    edited July 2019
    RS151862 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Teacher and Head Golf Coach at Osborne High School in Marietta, GA.  Just outside of Atlanta. 
    How do I hit my long irons more consistently 
    NewJPage said:
    RS151862 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Teacher and Head Golf Coach at Osborne High School in Marietta, GA.  Just outside of Atlanta. 
    How do I hit my long irons more consistently 
    Same question 
    Try using a shorter backswing and make sure to accelerate all the way through. I recommend a hybrid(s) as well.  In my bag I carry 3&4 hybrids and 4-P irons.  Only reason I carry a 4-iron is for low punch shots.  Might use it once every 3 or 4 rounds.  

Long irons are the hardest clubs to hit which is why so many people have switched to hybrids.  Much more forgiving. 

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I've had a job, a task. a chore, even a few professions, but never a gig.  I'm envious of y'all. 

But no, seriously, I've had more jobs than I can think of- everything from animal cage cleaner to teacher- about 32 or 33 different jobs and earned about 200 college credits at 6 colleges.  Currently, I run a little book and record business and help my wife out at her bookstore.  I'm hoping my next job will be working as a Repo Man.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    Global head of learning and development for a multinational.....in other words I get paid to talk shit for a living.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    brianlux said:
    I've had a job, a task. a chore, even a few professions, but never a gig.  I'm envious of y'all. 

But no, seriously, I've had more jobs than I can think of- everything from animal cage cleaner to teacher- about 32 or 33 different jobs and earned about 200 college credits at 6 colleges.  Currently, I run a little book and record business and help my wife out at her bookstore.  I'm hoping my next job will be working as a Repo Man.

My older brother was a Repo Man for about a year.  The last straw was his car getting shot up while his partner was in it, and my brother was "stealing" the stuff's car back.
    2 holes in the car...luckily nobody was hurt.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Primary (Elementary) school Teacher, 5th and 6th grade about an hour outside of Melbourne Australia, been at it for nearly 20years. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    brianlux said:

My older brother was a Repo Man for about a year.  The last straw was his car getting shot up while his partner was in it, and my brother was "stealing" the stuff's car back.
    2 holes in the car...luckily nobody was hurt.
    Yeow!  Just like that scene in the movie!

I recently learned that there is such a thing as an airplane repo man! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Airplane repossession?  I guess it makes sense.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 301
    Union rep and 20 year member of Laborers’ Local 159 Decatur, Illinois 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    joe159 said:
    Nice. I work a lot with the folks at the Laborers 563 JATC here in MN.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited July 2019
    I shoot at things in the sky.. or outer space. In other words, I work with with radars and missiles; mostly ballistic missile defense. Used to work out of Hawaii, Asia, and the Middle East. Currently working with a unit that essentially serves as a shield for our friends in Europe. I am also a marksmanship instructor.
    Post edited by crookedcross on
  • imca43imca43 Posts: 54
    edited July 2019
    Syracuse, NY. Death Claims Analyst by day. Racecar/Sign vinyl graphics and new racecar parts by night. Why two jobs? Cause after 22 years of being a cubicle office rotting shlub, i decided enough is enough. I want a job that i love, or atleast have interest in. So i startws my own business. We have grand plans but execution is killer. We have the vision to make them happen its just the funding to make it a reality is not likely. So at age 42 i'll keep plugging away at it and see how close i can get before my number is called. 
    Post edited by imca43 on
    Buffalo, New York (October 01, 1996)
    Saratoga Springs, New York (August 27, 2000)
    Philadelphia, PA (October 21, 2013)
    Philadelphia 1 (April 28, 2016)
    Philadelphia 2 (April 29, 2016)
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    joe159 said:

Always good to see fellow blue collar folks.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Mortgage loan officer based in Chicago, but I lend in most states across the country. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    Mortgage loan officer based in Chicago, but I lend in most states across the country
    Crook! Explains the fancy house, frequent golf outings and consummation of craft brews. ^^^Shameless plug?  =)

What are your current 15 and 30 year fixed rate? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    edited July 2019
    bungled attempt to edit
    Post edited by 1upstate on
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    edited July 2019
    imca43 said:
    Syracuse, NY. Death Claims Analyst by day. Racecar/Sign vinyl graphics and new racecar parts by night. Why two jobs? Cause after 22 years of being a cubicle office rotting shlub, i decided enough is enough. I want a job that i love, or atleast have interest in. So i startws my own business. We have grand plans but execution is killer. We have the vision to make them happen its just the funding to make it a reality is not likely. So at age 42 i'll keep plugging away at it and see how close i can get before my number is called.

Live 20 miles north of Syracuse.  I'm a CPA and currently work as part time CFO for smaller companies that don't need me 40 hours a week. I actually work with start ups a lot. Some are people with great ideas and a dream, and others are just dreamers.  Right now I'm accumulating F.U. money....  
    Post edited by 1upstate on
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    Mortgage loan officer based in Chicago, but I lend in most states across the country
    Crook! Explains the fancy house, frequent golf outings and consummation of craft brews. ^^^Shameless plug?  =)

What are your current 15 and 30 year fixed rate? 
    Haha. I’m a simple man, brother. We’re licensed in many states but most of what I do is here. 15 year is around 3.125 and 30 around 3.625. Hit me up anytime if you want to chat. 
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144

I was part owner of a retail furniture store for 25 years but sold three years ago. I’m now involved with property and estate management. Best of all I volunteer at an animal shelter every week.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    mfc2006 said:
    Digital Marketing in KC, MO
    Interesting. Care to elaborate on What your job entails?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Underemployed historian (is there any other version?). Adjunct at one university and work outreach at another 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    Clark Kent:  I wait tables in a restaurant

Superman:  Guitar Player, 
                  not too long ago I was a lead guitar player for a PJ tribute band

https://youtu.be/CmjLlo5yBo8

https://youtu.be/ma8UFJjdq5w
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    pjruss said:
    I am a bakery manager at Publix in Ft Lauderdale. 
    Not saving the world, just making it fatter, lol. 
    Publix hot dog buns are the best HD buns on the planet. You are a god damn hero. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    pjruss said:
    Do you make those almond cones? Those are amazing. I ate a bag of six ones in one sitting. Haha
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    Digital Marketing in KC, MO
    Interesting. Care to elaborate on What your job entails?
    We work with businesses to build their digital footprint. SEO, Paid Search, social, etc.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    pjruss said:
    Publix hot dog buns are the best HD buns on the planet. You are a god damn hero. 
    Holy shit this cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh @Tim Simmons, seriously. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pjrusspjruss Posts: 449
    pjruss said:
    Do you make those almond cones? Those are amazing. I ate a bag of six ones in one sitting. Haha
    They come in frozen and we just put them out to sell. But you’re right....they are amazing! For sure one of the best things we offer. 
    Off to work I go now. Time to make the donuts...
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    I am an educator in Belgium and I have been working for 15 years with refugee children

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• imca43imca43 Posts: 54
    1upstate said:
    imca43 said:

Live 20 miles north of Syracuse.  I'm a CPA and currently work as part time CFO for smaller companies that don't need me 40 hours a week. I actually work with start ups a lot. Some are people with great ideas and a dream, and others are just dreamers.  Right now I'm accumulating F.U. money....  
    Holy small world. I'm originally from 20 minutes north of syracuse (Constantia) but now reside in Baldwinsville. 
    Buffalo, New York (October 01, 1996)
    Saratoga Springs, New York (August 27, 2000)
    Philadelphia, PA (October 21, 2013)
    Philadelphia 1 (April 28, 2016)
    Philadelphia 2 (April 29, 2016)