Options

Everyone calm down...it’s gonna be alright

124»

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Just the fact that a thread has to be started to bring folks of the edge is all on the folks younger than 35 , us old folks don’t live every waking moment wondering if PJ are still a productive entity , we lived through 94 when no one was sure where the band was headed or if they would even make it past that year or even 2000 ..what ever happens happens with this band !
     =) With no message board or internet!   Just updates from the radio and MTV 

Exactly I would listen to the radio every single day just to get a snippet of news or I would get Rolling stone mag or Relix just to see if they had any news on them !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    Just the fact that a thread has to be started to bring folks of the edge is all on the folks younger than 35 , us old folks don’t live every waking moment wondering if PJ are still a productive entity , we lived through 94 when no one was sure where the band was headed or if they would even make it past that year or even 2000 ..what ever happens happens with this band !

I was on the MTV news in January 1995 outside the Voters for Choice shows in DC. They did 1 pan shot, im standing outside waiting. Saw it while in DC, never again since.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited July 2019
    RS65573 said:

I was on the MTV news in January 1995 outside the Voters for Choice shows in DC. They did 1 pan shot, im standing outside waiting. Saw it while in DC, never again since.

What was it like to have life peak so early?  Does everything feel like a disappointment?
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778

Exactly I would listen to the radio every single day just to get a snippet of news or I would get Rolling stone mag or Relix just to see if they had any news on them !
    I had the local rock station on 24/7 for about a month during the 1995 tour to get the latest on the status.   Planned to take the 4 hour drive to Chicago with my roommate for the Soldier Field show, with no tickets.   Got to the point where we started calling the station for updates.....concert is on, it's off, it's back on.    Last time we checked it was on.   Left that morning in hopes of finding tickets.   Bought some under a bridge walking to the stadium.   Got to the parking lot and it was still full of Deadheads begging for money to get to the next town.   Walking up to the gates over the PA:   "Do not buy tickets from scalpers.   We have found a majority of tickets from scalpers are counterfeit".   We thought we were screwed.......because we literally had less than $20 left between us and had to buy gas to get home.     Best two days of my life.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,372
    RS65573 said:

What was it like to have life peak so early?  Does everything feel like a disappointment?
    Yes! If you go to 20 or so shows on a tour you realize as soon as you get home, its over!?!?!?!?. I've been lucky enough to do that a couple of times. The best times.
  • Options
    Made the mistake of looking out the window today.   It is like a post apocalyptic world right now with no PJ.  Back to my table.  
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    I'm calm like a bomb
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 715
    Let me just put something else in there... Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains (in my opinion), Screaming Trees, and many other bands from their era aren't around anymore. We still have Pearl Jam. Please don't give me flack for mentioning Alice. You know they aren't the same without Layne, and Mike. Anyway, cheer up people, stop complaining.
  • Options
    I haven't left my apartment since I got back from the Boston show in 2018.  Trust me, it is not alright.
    Sorry, but lol. Feel ya though
  • Options
    The bitterness and cynicism has been off the charts. I don't get why people stay around to complain instead of walking away or taking a break. 
    I feel like i've been on a break since the Synergy days.

Barely any new music; they've played my hometown (Detroit) ONE time since 2006... I don't know if i experienced a bit of bitterness and cynicism, but apathy is a thing. I can only get hyped for a Chicago stadium show so many times, especially not being from there or having any affinity for the Cubs/Wrigley/Chicago. It's cool for those who do; y'all are still on a 2-3 year cycle for seeing a band which is pretty alright, really. 
    I feel ya there. I'm right across the pond from ya.
  • Options
    Let me just put something else in there... Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains (in my opinion), Screaming Trees, and many other bands from their era aren't around anymore. We still have Pearl Jam. Please don't give me flack for mentioning Alice. You know they aren't the same without Layne, and Mike. Anyway, cheer up people, stop complaining.
    Yeah. I unfortunately view AIC as almost a cover band.  But AC/DC did it so maybe AIC is no different. They just reformed when that style of music was no longer popular.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    they haven't played my hometown, Houston, since 2003.  We are the nations 4th largest fucking city.
  • Options
    Yeah. I unfortunately view AIC as almost a cover band.  But AC/DC did it so maybe AIC is no different. They just reformed when that style of music was no longer popular.
    Alice is a completely different band from when Layne was there. You can't copy that sound.
  • Options
    Now for me, it's who is in the band, rather than what they play.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I’m as cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Now for me, it's who is in the band, rather than what they play.
    Ditto 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....