Options

psst...7/10/19

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    Damn worked all day and missed it.  Oh well congrats all!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Damn worked all day and missed it.  Oh well, congrats all!
  • Options
    GG241881GG241881 Posts: 43
    8395 @12:56e
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just got home too and saw this.  Fuck.  I hate this limited shit.  I just want to spin it.  Missed out on RSD and now missed this.  So fucking annoying.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just got home too and saw this.  Fuck.  I hate this limited shit.  I just want to spin it.  Missed out on RSD and now missed this.  So fucking annoying.
    Yeah I spin all my vinyl.  Oh well.  
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    congrats to all that got one.  

Special congrats to those that got one that will never spin it and just try and make money off of it later.  :unamused:
  • Options
    congrats to all that got one.  

Special congrats to those that got one that will never spin it and just try and make money off of it later.  :unamused:
    Lol.   I hope the market drops. :)
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,022
    Got one! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,072
    As far as I can tell from completed listings on eBay only one of these red ones has sold today and that was a best offer on $135. So it seems that people are being smart on these because the market price will definitely go down more.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    edited July 2019
    It says "Out of Stock. Thanks!" It should really say 'Out of stock. Fuck you!'

It really fucking sucks when they put limited edition items in the store at 3am Australia time. It constantly amazes me that a band that supposedly loves vinyl makes it so damn hard to actually get hold of it.

Rant over. Fuck this. Move on.
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:

It really fucking sucks when they put limited edition items in the store at 3am Australia time. It constantly amazes me that a band that supposedly loves vinyl makes it so damn hard to actually get hold of it.

But it’s early am in many places. Can’t make everyone happy tho right?
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    jrock60jrock60 Posts: 76
    I'll ride the wave...
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,072
    I am thankful I am able to step away from work for a few minutes at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time on the 10th each month.
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 678
    Really not sure why the release of the Easy Street red vinyl today was such a surprise to those who missed out. Today is the 10th of the month and if you have been around the Ten Club for any length of time you should be aware that at 10am pst on the 10th of each month they email a newsletter to fan club members with news, contests, and occasionally items for sale or preorder.
    I understand when members get upset after missing out on an item that is dropped at a random time and sells out in 5 minutes. This irritates me as well since I like most don't have time to stalk the PJ website on a daily basis. But todays sale was a no brainer it was released in a timed monthly email to all members and the vinyl lasted over 2 hours before selling out. So I'm sorry but if you missed out on this one you have nobody to blame but yourself. 
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    goldrush said:

But it’s early am in many places. Can’t make everyone happy tho right?
    I get that it will always be early somewhere. This isn't the first time this has happened, and it damn sure won't be the last.
    But when it comes to something that people have been talking about on here since the initial RSD announcement, why make it so limited? Why not do it like the Vault issues and base the manufacturing on the pre-orders?

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    There is probably over 10,000 of these between red and black, prices are going to go down if you are patient
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    goldrush said:

That's why I always have my alarm set for 2:55am on the 11th of each month.... 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    Taka-TTaka-T Posts: 59
    Woke up now and missed. Any chance it will be back in stock?
    Osaka 1995
    Osaka 2003
    Lisbon 1&2 2006
    MSG 1&2 2008
    Milton Keynes 2014
    Wrigley 1&2 2016
    10c No. 364XXX
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    probably not
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    edited July 2019
    Vast majority of these will not be immediately flipped.   

20 so far out of 3000 (?) is pretty damn good.  Stalk Lost Dogs in the next two months. You’ll get a trade or a fair deal.

But you definitely had to have a feeling that it would be this month or next month.  I figured today would be Vault 9 and this.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,179
    goldrush said:

I agree, it’s been long overdue for the 10c to start operating business based on The Australian time zone. Finally, a logical, unbiased take.
  • Options
    Just asking for a fair chance, that’s all. Nothing more than that.

And as for the ‘you should have known’ and ‘you’ve got nobody but yourself to blame’ comments, you are missing the point. Do you really think that 3am is an acceptable time to put a limited edition item on sale? Why not make it a pre-order so everyone gets a fair chance? 

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Yeah I really don't get why something like this is limited.  
  • Options
    goldrush said:

And as for the ‘you should have known’ and ‘you’ve got nobody but yourself to blame’ comments, you are missing the point. Do you really think that 3am is an acceptable time to put a limited edition item on sale? Why not make it a pre-order so everyone gets a fair chance? 
    No, I don’t think it’s acceptable. That’s why they went on sale at 10:00 am.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    goldrush said:

Its a limited item though. Like a poster.  The Vaults are pressed to order.  No matter what time it goes on sale a lot of time zones are missing out.  Maybe 10c could do these at 9pm est?  Idk.  Then the European fans will surely miss out.  Theres no real answer
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah I really don't get why something like this is limited.  
    Because if it isn’t they’ll have a warehouse full of them.  As with all limited things One of the big reasons people want this is that it is limited.    Not saying this is true for everyone but it is for most people
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Its a limited item though. Like a poster.  The Vaults are pressed to order.  No matter what time it goes on sale a lot of time zones are missing out.  Maybe 10c could do these at 9pm est?  Idk.  Then the European fans will surely miss out.  Theres no real answer
    The answer is in your post. Why couldn't this be pressed to order, like the Vaults?
    It's guaranteed sales for 10C, and everyone gets a chance.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    goldrush said:

The answer is in your post. Why couldn't this be pressed to order, like the Vaults?
    It's guaranteed sales for 10C, and everyone gets a chance.
    So your real issue isn’t the time it went on sale, it’s that it wasn’t pressed to order? I can understand that argument as it certainly makes more sense than changing the on sale time zone. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,400
    The whole nature of RSD is limited. At least PJ decided to offer something to 10 Club member after the fact
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    By RSD standards there are a TON of these things pressed.  That’s awesome. 

Lets not lose sight of the fact that this is for RSD.  These red ones are a cool favor from the 10c