Options

psst...7/10/19

Comments

• Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    demetrios said:
    You guy's have it made in the USA. $4 bucks to ship a vinyl anywhere's across the USA?
    Yeah "Media Mail" is super cheap. We can only send books/cds/dvds/lps using it, and it can take 10 days to get where it is going but it saves me a ton of money.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    I "invested" my money on a 125-dollar piece of steak once and turned it into poop
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I "invested" my money on a 125-dollar piece of steak once and turned it into poop
    Everything goes to shit eventually. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    edited July 2019
    You know what?
    [name calling removed] whose only intent is to make money on the resale market.
    Most of us want one, just because it’s Pearl Jam and because we love Pearl Jam. It used to be that you could just buy one. Benaroya was in the store for a while because not everyone one wanted it. Same with beach towels and skateboard decks.
    Now, the resale price is a major factor. We see people buying up stuff to sell on EBay. It used to be we’d pickup an extra poster or shirt at a gig and sell it to our friends here in the forum for cost +shipping because strangers here were considered friends we’ve never met.
    i understand the draw, money, money, money. But, it doesn’t mean I have to like it.
    I'm happy to read about all of the fans here getting a copy, without having to feed the greed machine.
    Thanx, 10/VHC for selling me this at face value. I missed out on the Record Store copy because I knew that there was no fucking way I’d be able to compete with the resellers who spent the night at the store. But, I did get to see Mike play a T.Rex song that day, in my favorite record store. Which was good enough for me. This copy is an added plus.
    Thanx. Much appreciated.
    Post edited by Sea on
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Everything goes to shit eventually. 
    :lol: You're on fire this afternoon!
  • Options
    manonkouchmanonkouch Posts: 56
    Jed said:
    Thank you Santos! Now who wants the RSD black version I bought a few months ago?

I'll give you $20
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I just paid $60 for the new Raconteurs album and some schwag. Thought for sure that would be my biggest vinyl ripoff for awhile. $45 for this would top it though. 
  • Options
    RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    I bought a few hours ago....any idea what the "limited" run will be? 
    Is it still available?
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    Gone from the store now
  • Options
    maxferlmaxferl Quebec City Posts: 118
    Could we expect a standard version in regular store? Was it ever mention, when the album was released for RSD, that a standard version would be available? Thank you guys
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    DewieCox said:
    I just paid $60 for the new Raconteurs album and some schwag. Thought for sure that would be my biggest vinyl ripoff for awhile. $45 for this would top it though. 
    Yeah, that's my problem. I went to 4 different stores on RSD, each of which had the black ones, a couple of them wanted $35. I wouldn't and didn't pay that for an EP. So I couldn't pull the trigger on this for $45 just because the color is red. Sure wish this was the whole show. Might have made a different decision.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    edited July 2019
    Cosmo said:
    You know what?
    [name calling removed]  whose only intent is to make money on the resale market.
    Most of us want one, just because it’s Pearl Jam and because we love Pearl Jam. It used to be that you could just buy one. Benaroya was in the store for a while because not everyone one wanted it. Same with beach towels and skateboard decks.
    Now, the resale price is a major factor. We see people buying up stuff to sell on EBay. It used to be we’d pickup an extra poster or shirt at a gig and sell it to our friends here in the forum for cost +shipping because strangers here were considered friends we’ve never met.
    i understand the draw, money, money, money. But, it doesn’t mean I have to like it.
    I'm happy to read about all of the fans here getting a copy, without having to feed the greed machine.
    Thanx, 10/VHC for selling me this at face value. I missed out on the Record Store copy because I knew that there was no fucking way I’d be able to compete with the resellers who spent the night at the store. But, I did get to see Mike play a T.Rex song that day, in my favorite record store. Which was good enough for me. This copy is an added plus.
    Thanx. Much appreciated.
    Benaroya was in the store?  That's crazy...before my time here
    Post edited by Sea on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Can we still guess from the order numbers how many were sold? Anyone just buy one before it sold out?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    RT85129 said:
    I bought a few hours ago....any idea what the "limited" run will be? 
    Is it still available?
    I'll guess a few thousand.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention that "limited" could mean 10,000 too.
  • Options
    Should we start comparing order numbers to figure out the print run?
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
    Reminder: Name calling is not ok. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.

Thank you

• Options
    Was one of the lucky few who actually casually checked his email and got one. Thanks guys this never happens to me!
  • Options
    cincinnati dudecincinnati dude Posts: 117
    edited July 2019
    Cosmo said:
    You know what?
    [name calling removed]  whose only intent is to make money on the resale market.
    Thanx. Much appreciated.
    Benaroya was is the store, but the website crashed that day due to traffic and you had to be really lucky to snag one. It didn't sit in the store at all it was gone as soon as the site came back up.
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493
    Ridiculous that they can’t take preorders for this stuff and then make one for everyone who wants one.  I just checked my email and now it is sold out.  Hooray for the flippers!
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    4868095 order placed as soon as it was online
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,832
    Cosmo said:
    You know what?
    Fuck those assholes whose only intent is to make money on the resale market.
    Thanx. Much appreciated.
    Benaroya was is the store, but the website crashed that day due to traffic and you had to be really lucky to snag one. It didn't sit in the store at all it was gone as soon as the site came back up.
    It was? What I remember was I  placed an order at 3am EST that morning and it was still available for purchase at 10am EST, 7 hours later. 
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    Cosmo said:
    You know what?
    Thanx. Much appreciated.
    Pretty sure it was up for 24 hours, at least that’s he way I remember it.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    Ridiculous that they can’t take preorders for this stuff and then make one for everyone who wants one.  I just checked my email and now it is sold out.  Hooray for the flippers!
    It was available for quite a while, and was limited to 1 per person.  I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to check your email, that sucks.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    edited July 2019

• Options
    Air23 said:
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Cosmo said:
    You know what?
    Fuck those assholes whose only intent is to make money on the resale market.
    Thanx. Much appreciated.
    It was? What I remember was I  placed an order at 3am EST that morning and it was still available for purchase at 10am EST, 7 hours later. 
    I vividly remember having one in my cart and having to refresh since the site was crashed. It was a big deal for me since I had to secretly get on the internet at work and was very worried that I would get fired for it. Once the site started running smoothly again in sold our really quick. I got lucky and snagged one.

The old laptop/messenger bag on the other hand sat in the store for months because no one wanted to drop $60 on it... Till it sold out the it started going for hundreds.
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,897
    Air23 said:
    4868219 at 11:51 Central time
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |