Options

psst...7/10/19

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    $11 to ship a single record domestically.  LOL.  I'm still getting it but that is absurd.
    Yep, I know it's peanuts compared to the international shipping costs, but it did make me pause for a minute and go listen to the album on Youtube to make sure I really wanted to pay that shipping fee :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,020
    yeah seems like there are plenty of these to go around...original Black wax for RSD was 6000. hope this is way less. 
    If it's limited we complain, if there are too many we complain...
    I just paid $30+ for a single piece of "limited" vinyl. Id like it to go up in value over time. 
    It doesn't even state that it's limited?
    It does in the newsletter
    That makes more sense now as it does not in the shop description.

TY
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243
    ChrisdM said:
    I got "Order Received", and underneath that it says:
    "There might be an issue with your order, please contact shipping@tenclub.net"
    Is that common?
    I did get a confirmation email a bit later, with order number, so I'm guessing am ok.
    ChrisdM No, I'd email them to make sure. Maybe an issue with processing payment.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    most if not all purchases are investments....look up the definition of investment. 
    and yeah, id love it if it went down in value...that would be great! 
    Yeah, like cars, food, clothes, furniture, appliances...

i can’t wait until my refrigerator doubles in value!!!
    "investment" has nothing to do with going up in value. you invested your money in your fridge so you hope you get your moneys worth...same with your car. if you pay X for your car, that is your investment in it. if your car breaks after a year then you made a poor investment. you people have no idea what investment even means. 
    So? What has that to do with What anyone in here is discussing?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    most if not all purchases are investments....look up the definition of investment. 
    Yeah, like cars, food, clothes, furniture, appliances...

i can’t wait until my refrigerator doubles in value!!!
    "investment" has nothing to do with going up in value. you invested your money in your fridge so you hope you get your moneys worth...same with your car. if you pay X for your car, that is your investment in it. if your car breaks after a year then you made a poor investment. you people have no idea what investment even means. 
    So? What has that to do with What anyone in here is discussing?
    What are YOU discussing?

Oh BTW I received the satanic money offering from you.

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,725
    Had to get one.  B)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I open all my vinyl. and my walls are covered in extremely rare posters. only a few PJ. 
    but now I remember why I stopped coming around here. love the band...but so many of the fans are just so holier than thou that its obnoxious
    Have a good one
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

that was easy!  Thanks 10C and PJ!

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    Thank you Santos! Now who wants the RSD black version I bought a few months ago?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    I open all my vinyl. and my walls are covered in extremely rare posters. only a few PJ. 
    Sweet brag 
    anyone here who lists what shows they were at as their signature has a better sweet brag? ohh, I was at this show, and this show, and this one too! im awesome! 
    Sweet brag 
    anyone here who lists what shows they were at as their signature has a better sweet brag? ohh, I was at this show, and this show, and this one too! im awesome! 
    I list my shows and I’m awesome!

;)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    SR91748SR91748 Posts: 138
    This is great. Thanks 10C, Santos and crew. As NW guy and fan of Easy Street, this is a no-brainer for me. I'm a little curious as to whether this is a short run, but regardless, glad to have it.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    tbergs said:
    $11 to ship a single record domestically.  LOL.  I'm still getting it but that is absurd.
    Yep, I know it's peanuts compared to the international shipping costs, but it did make me pause for a minute and go listen to the album on Youtube to make sure I really wanted to pay that shipping fee :lol:
    $11 to package and ship a record seems pretty reasonable to me.  It's not a letter after all
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    Sweet brag 
    Sweet brag 

;)
    Tom, 
    You Are awesome!!!
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    tbergs said:
    $11 to package and ship a record seems pretty reasonable to me.  It's not a letter after all
    Well, just about every other company I buy records from can do it much cheaper. I think that's the point. They've never been able to figure out shipping, or they are using it as a 10c revenue generator. Either way, it is overpriced.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Their shipping fees always vex me. More than a third of the cost of the product for standard shipping is whacky. And you can't add things to shipments for a lot of products in order to feel better about the shipping price. 

No one made me buy it.....
  • Options
    Well played, tempo!
    TY sir, I try.
     B) 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    jeffbr said:
    tbergs said:
    Well, just about every other company I buy records from can do it much cheaper. I think that's the point. They've never been able to figure out shipping, or they are using it as a 10c revenue generator. Either way, it is overpriced.
    I bought Hilltop Hoods new album back in March.  Shipping was under $6 and it arrived in 4 days...  from Australia.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    jeffbr said:
    tbergs said:
    It’s gotta be a revenue generator. Shipping a record via Media Mail is less than $5. Their packaging is bought in bulk for pennies on the dollar.  I dunno what they pay on a corporate rate for UPS Smartpost but it can be done cheaper and usually is by any other online shop selling vinyl. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    I probably order a hundred albums a year and rarely if ever pay over $5 for shipping. Actual shipping costs for this via Media Mail anywhere in the US is around $4 max. But 10c does seem to package the records very securely at least which can't be said for eveyone.
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 528
    edited July 2019
    About ten of them on Ebay already - one for $400!!!
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Forgot it was the 10th. Wow. Still available after an hour. Well done on stock SLH.
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    a very cool looking record but this purchase doesn't fit my exit program of reducing what i have already.
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I have emailed them and asked why they don’t use the post office to ship since it’s way cheaper and the response was “they have their shipping partner but thanks for the inquiry” UPS did a great job with the mystery boxes so I can see why.  :s
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    kenk said:
    I probably order a hundred albums a year and rarely if ever pay over $5 for shipping. Actual shipping costs for this via Media Mail anywhere in the US is around $4 max. But 10c does seem to package the records very securely at least which can't be said for eveyone.
    You guy's have it made in the USA. $4 bucks to ship a vinyl anywhere's across the USA? Here in Canada it'll cost me at least $15 bucks CDN to ship a single 12" vinyl from one coast to the other coast via Canada Post. You don't want to know how much more UPS & Fedex wants if I want to ship inside Canada.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    kenk said:
    They definitely give us value in the "handling" part of shipping & handling. Can't argue that.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    jeffbr said:
    tbergs said:
    Would it make you feel better if the album cost $35 and shipping was $6?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    Oh. And thank you for making this available to members!! I forgot about RSD (well, I remembered at noon which is in effect forgetting), and wanted to grab one.  
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    on2legs said:
    Sweet brag 
    Sweet brag 

;)
    Tom, 
    You Are awesome!!!
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/266838/the-you-are-thread#latest
    :)

Right back at you, sir. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    jeffbr said:
    tbergs said:
    It’s gotta be a revenue generator. Shipping a record via Media Mail is less than $5. Their packaging is bought in bulk for pennies on the dollar.  I dunno what they pay on a corporate rate for UPS Smartpost but it can be done cheaper and usually is by any other online shop selling vinyl. 

kenk said:
    They aren't a non-profit.  I don't mind paying someone $5 to package and slap a label on my purchase.  I just paid $8 to mail a bunch of papers 50 miles away from me.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana