psst...7/10/19

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    yeah seems like there are plenty of these to go around...original Black wax for RSD was 6000. hope this is way less. 
    If it's limited we complain, if there are too many we complain...
    I just paid $30+ for a single piece of "limited" vinyl. Id like it to go up in value over time. 
    Why?
    Some people buy this stuff and never plan to open it, also don't even own a record player, lol.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,076
    yeah seems like there are plenty of these to go around...original Black wax for RSD was 6000. hope this is way less. 
    I just paid $30+ for a single piece of "limited" vinyl. Id like it to go up in value over time. 
    Yuck
    Yeah, I mean, I want all my possessions to go down in value for sure.
    Ok. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    hihobibo said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Value of these is going to plummet as theres obviously lots available 
    Too many people buy things on here as a collectible investment instead of as something to enjoy playing/hanging in their home (in the case of posters)? Even if it is marketed as limited edition, I still open it and play it, and when I have the option to buy colored vinyl, I do, just because it looks cooler. 
    I operate on these same principles.
  • Just ordered one....away from my computer at 10am....(what an idiot!!!!!) 25 minutes + into the sale and they are still available....for whatever that means...
  • southerngardensoutherngarden Posts: 457
    edited July 2019
    most if not all purchases are investments....look up the definition of investment. 
    and yeah, id love it if it went down in value...that would be great! 
    I open all my vinyl. and my walls are covered in extremely rare posters. only a few PJ. 
    but now I remember why I stopped coming around here. love the band...but so many of the fans are just so holier than thou that its obnoxious
    Post edited by southerngarden on
    I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club...
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    I'm very happy with this release. It's a good show (ok, it's a shame that it's just part of the whole show), and I'd love to spin this red beauty on my turntable when it arrives on my doorstep. Thanks Ten Club
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,989
    edited July 2019
    Just bought a RSD version (maybe because I wanted the RSD sticker, maybe because I had a green light grin), but happily jumped on this too. n Spent a lot of money on two records, but I'm stoked.

Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023; MSG 1 2024
  • BOOM! ordered!
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    most if not all purchases are investments....look up the definition of investment. 
    I open all my vinyl. and my walls are covered in extremely rare posters. only a few PJ. 
    Sweet brag 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,242
    Yeah, like cars, food, clothes, furniture, appliances...

i can’t wait until my refrigerator doubles in value!!!
    My favorite part of this post is that he posted it and then went back and added the last few sentences about extremely rare posters. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,076
    but now I remember why I stopped coming around here. love the band...but so many of the fans are just so holier than thou that its obnoxious
    Look up the definition of ”abstract thinking”. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Thanks, boy!
    Classic. Well done. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • most if not all purchases are investments....look up the definition of investment. 

"investment" has nothing to do with going up in value. you invested your money in your fridge so you hope you get your moneys worth...same with your car. if you pay X for your car, that is your investment in it. if your car breaks after a year then you made a poor investment. you people have no idea what investment even means. 

"investment" has nothing to do with going up in value. you invested your money in your fridge so you hope you get your moneys worth...same with your car. if you pay X for your car, that is your investment in it. if your car breaks after a year then you made a poor investment. you people have no idea what investment even means. 
    You said most purchases are investments, which is just completely ignorant.
  • most if not all purchases are investments....look up the definition of investment. 
    Sweet brag 
    anyone here who lists what shows they were at as their signature has a better sweet brag? ohh, I was at this show, and this show, and this one too! im awesome! 
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I’m invested in this thread and the value keeps dropping. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • ChrisdMChrisdM Posts: 164
    edited July 2019
    I got "Order Received", and underneath that it says:
    "There might be an issue with your order, please contact shipping@tenclub.net"
    Is that common?
    I did get a confirmation email a bit later, with order number, so I'm guessing am ok.
    Post edited by ChrisdM on
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    $11 to ship a single record domestically.  LOL.  I'm still getting it but that is absurd.

I bet when he finishes a nice meal he sits back and says “mmmm that was a good investment” and then his wife looks at him and rolls her eyes for 1000th time. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076
    It doesn't even state that it's limited?

I bet when he finishes a nice meal he sits back and says “mmmm that was a good investment” and then his wife looks at him and rolls her eyes for 1000th time. 
    Yes, I also bet when he’s done paying off his brand new car in 5 years, he’s excited to hear it’s doubled in value!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,650
    BOOM! ordered!
    You'd think Boom could get one for free.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 831
    It does in the newsletter
  • LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Posts: 822
    Got one 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    It does in the newsletter
    Which is why half the people are rushing it
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

Your examples that follow that preface are true, but:
    Your preface is false.
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    it does say limited edition. just check out the offer in the newsletter. very cool item tried to get one on rsd. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,559
    Winner!
    It's a hopeless situation...
    You just made it go back up.
    (That's what she said.)