Options

The all-purpose heavy duty Climate Chaos thread (sprinkled with hope).

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Another train wreck but thankfully the propane on it stayed in tact.

Another big winter storm is coming in.  the 395 up to Mammoth is closed again.  While it helps the skiing seasons longer extension it shuts down it's only path out there.

They say snow in LA?  Really?

This record snowfall is good for the spring/summer droughts but too much rail that falls at once is a problem.

What crazy weather are you getting by you?

Although not totally unusual, we have gotten more snow here than most of the winters we've been in our current home since 2004.  Overall, it looks like we will meet or top our annual average "rain year" (July 1 to June 30), probably this weekend or early next week with a few more months of possible rains.  We needed this, so good news!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,788

Oil CEO who will head 2023 climate talks calls for change
    By ISABELLA O'MALLEY
    51 mins ago

A top oil company CEO who will lead international climate talks later this year told energy industry power players on Monday that the world must cut emissions 7% each year and eliminate all emissions of the greenhouse gas methane — strong comments from an oil executive.

But speaking at Ceraweek in Houston, Sultan al-Jaber, CEO of the Abu Dhabi National Oil Co., did not directly address emissions from transportation, where most crude oil ends up. Emissions from transport are the largest contributor to climate change in many countries, including the United States.

Al-Jaber singled out electricity, cement, steel and aluminum as targets for cleanup, but not trucks, cars, trains and aircraft. He called for far greater investment to speed the transition to cleaner industries.

“According to the IEA, in 2022, the world invested $1.4 trillion in the energy transition,” he said. “We need over three times that amount.”

And he said that investment must flow to the developing world.

“Only 15% of clean tech investment reaches developing economies in the global south, and that is where 80% of the population live,” he stressed.

Al-Jaber did not call for the phasing out of oil and gas production and use, something that scientists and advocates have been demanding unsuccessfully over repeated COPs, short for Conference of the Parties, where nations meet to make climate commitments.

According to the International Energy Agency, to avoid the worst climate changes, there can be no new oil and gas production.

The United Arab Emirates leader said his country was first in its region to commit to the Paris climate agreement, and to set a pathway to net zero emissions. But its emissions in 2021 were up, not down, 3% from the year before, according to the Global Carbon Project. They were however 6% below the country’s peak in 2015. According to Climate Action Tracker, UAE has an overall rating of “highly insufficient,” meaning its projected emissions are not in line with limiting warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius.

The Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. pumps approximately 4 million barrels of crude a day and plans on expanding to 5 million barrels daily.

COP28 president calls for climate action

Each year, nations gather at the COP to discuss how Paris Agreement goals to limit global warming to just 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit) by 2050, can be achieved through international collaboration.

The 28th such conference, COP28, will be held in Dubai, Nov 30 to Dec. 12. The choice of country has drawn criticism given the nation’s high, and growing level of crude production. The choice of al Jaber, CEO of a national oil company, has also drawn scorn. However, U.S. Climate Envoy John Kerry has said he backs the UAE leader.

As president of this year's meeting, al-Jaber will have influence over how much pressure is brought to bear on those most reponsible for climate change, countries and companies that produce and burn coal, oil and gas.

Al-Jaber is the United Arab Emirates minister of industry and advanced technology, and also serves as the chairman of Masdar, a renewable energy company.

Ceraweek attracts high level oil and gas officials each year and is hosted by S&P Global.

___

Ellen Knickmeyer contributed from Washington D.C. and Mary Katherine Wildeman from Hartford, Connecticut.

___

Associated Press climate and environmental coverage receives support from several private foundations. See more about AP’s climate initiative here. The AP is solely responsible for all content.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Sorry to ring a depressing note here, and I know the focus of AMT has mostly been political these recent years, but I sense the need to keep this most pressing environmental issue in mind. 

It's been very concerning to us here in the west to have to deal with the catastrophic wildfires we've had in many recent years in the late summer and fall.  But to be reading about the raging fires in eastern Canada and how they are affect so many of our east coast friends, and hearing about this happening in late spring (!) is alarming.  Some scientists are calling this a "new reality"- a disturbing thought. 
    I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed on these forums until now (or did I miss something?)

In any case, my sincere concern and empathy for those of you dealing with the bad air.  We here in the west know about this only too well and I'm sorry to hear the problem has spread to other parts of the country.  I hope you east coast folks are taking good care.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,880
    Thanks Brian. It is a terrible situation. There is a thread about it on AET if you are interested. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    MJT is blaming "climate cult canada" for this. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    Thanks Brian. It is a terrible situation. There is a thread about it on AET if you are interested. 

I will check it out, thank you GG.

• Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    brianlux said:
    Sorry to ring a depressing note here, and I know the focus of AMT has mostly been political these recent years, but I sense the need to keep this most pressing environmental issue in mind. 

It's been very concerning to us here in the west to have to deal with the catastrophic wildfires we've had in many recent years in the late summer and fall.  But to be reading about the raging fires in eastern Canada and how they are affect so many of our east coast friends, and hearing about this happening in late spring (!) is alarming.  Some scientists are calling this a "new reality"- a disturbing thought. 
    I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed on these forums until now (or did I miss something?)

In any case, my sincere concern and empathy for those of you dealing with the bad air.  We here in the west know about this only too well and I'm sorry to hear the problem has spread to other parts of the country.  I hope you east coast folks are taking good care.

I've certainly talking about this before (mainly in the context of the southwest coast of Canada of course). Before about 2015 greater Vancouver had NEVER had smoke from wildfires to the point where it affected sunlight. But since 2015 it's happened several summers, with smoke from California, Washington, Oregon, and the interior of BC all choking us out. Now it's time for the north easterners of the US to experience it at a level never before seen as well. Since humans usually don't care about stuff until they are affected directly, so maybe it's actually kind of a good thing that they northeast is getting a lungfull. Perhaps the big wigs in NYC and whatnot will be more motivated.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

I've certainly talking about this before (mainly in the context of the southwest coast of Canada of course). Before about 2015 greater Vancouver had NEVER had smoke from wildfires to the point where it affected sunlight. But since 2015 it's happened several summers, with smoke from California, Washington, Oregon, and the interior of BC all choking us out. Now it's time for the north easterners of the US to experience it at a level never before seen as well. Since humans usually don't care about stuff until they are affected directly, so maybe it's actually kind of a good thing that they northeast is getting a lungfull. Perhaps the big wigs in NYC and whatnot will be more motivated.

Good points, though I am sorry it had to take this stark reminder from Mother Nature.  I lived on Washington's Olympic Peninsula for about four years in the late 80s - early 90s and wild fire smoke was pretty much never a thing up there.  It's hugely eye-opening to see what is becoming more common up your way as well as in eastern Canada.  I guess if ever there was a wake-up call, this is it.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    Big wigs in NYC lol, we can't even get PJ or Tool to play a per capita allocation of shows here!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,162
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

Good points, though I am sorry it had to take this stark reminder from Mother Nature.  I lived on Washington's Olympic Peninsula for about four years in the late 80s - early 90s and wild fire smoke was pretty much never a thing up there.  It's hugely eye-opening to see what is becoming more common up your way as well as in eastern Canada.  I guess if ever there was a wake-up call, this is it.

Same here on Vancouver Island.  I don't ever recalled big thick forest fire smoke growing up on Vancouver Island.  I've lived here my entire life except for 5 years I moved to Edmonton after University.  Edmonton was the first time I remember seeing big thick forest fire smoke.  There was one year a bunch blew in from fires in BC.  It was gross.  Then I moved back to Vancouver Island, and how it's getting more and more common.

The upside (if there is one) is the wind mostly blows off the pacific, so even though we get it, we seem to get it less worse than many other places in North America.  The winds sort of have to stop, or come from an abnormal direction for it to blow at us.  I often wonder if that'll cause more people from BC's interior to to move to Vancouver Island to try and evade the worst of the summer smoke.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

Same here on Vancouver Island.  I don't ever recalled big thick forest fire smoke growing up on Vancouver Island.  I've lived here my entire life except for 5 years I moved to Edmonton after University.  Edmonton was the first time I remember seeing big thick forest fire smoke.  There was one year a bunch blew in from fires in BC.  It was gross.  Then I moved back to Vancouver Island, and how it's getting more and more common.

The upside (if there is one) is the wind mostly blows off the pacific, so even though we get it, we seem to get it less worse than many other places in North America.  The winds sort of have to stop, or come from an abnormal direction for it to blow at us.  I often wonder if that'll cause more people from BC's interior to to move to Vancouver Island to try and evade the worst of the summer smoke.

Again, I am very sorry to hear about what is happening with the wildfires up north.    But I am glad you don't get too much smoke where you are.
    The situation is somewhat different in much of California. We live in the Sierra foothills about three to four hours drive inland from the coast and most of the fires here happen a little to the east of us, we get hit very hard with smoke at certain hours of the day.  What happens is that during the day, the prevailing winds come from the west and push smoke further into the high country and on over toward Nevada.  But then quite frequently, at night the winds shift to the exact opposite and bring the smoke down on us, and beyond to the Sacramento Valley and even beyond there to the coast.  And then the winds shift in the mid to late evening and the cycle starts all over again.  In Central and Northern California, there pretty much is no place to run, no place to hide from the smoke other than indoors with an air cleaner running.

It sounds like up your way that wind shift does not occur as much (except, I suspect, maybe in Washington and Oregon west of the cascades).

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,162
    brianlux said:
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

Again, I am very sorry to hear about what is happening with the wildfires up north.    But I am glad you don't get too much smoke where you are.
    The situation is somewhat different in much of California. We live in the Sierra foothills about three to four hours drive inland from the coast and most of the fires here happen a little to the east of us, we get hit very hard with smoke at certain hours of the day.  What happens is that during the day, the prevailing winds come from the west and push smoke further into the high country and on over toward Nevada.  But then quite frequently, at night the winds shift to the exact opposite and bring the smoke down on us, and beyond to the Sacramento Valley and even beyond there to the coast.  And then the winds shift in the mid to late evening and the cycle starts all over again.  In Central and Northern California, there pretty much is no place to run, no place to hide from the smoke other than indoors with an air cleaner running.

It sounds like up your way that wind shift does not occur as much (except, I suspect, maybe in Washington and Oregon west of the cascades).
    That sounds tough.  Yah most of the time our wind is blows west to east, or maybe southwest to north east.

Sometimes when we get our hottest weather it causes the pattern to change.  A year or two ago the wind started coming straight north which funneled smoke from California fires directly into Washington and BC.  

It's pretty crazy.   It's super dry here too.   We had one of the driest winters I can remember (we had rain, but not near the amounts we usually get), and have gone straight into a dry spring.  Last year the wet season lasted until mid July then got so warm/dry we had campfire bans by the end of July (I can't remember the last time it only took 2 weeks of amazing weather to do that). Then we had the longest Summer I recall, where it was sunny and didn't rain until November.  Summer went into serious overtime.

So many weird weather anomalies.    It also felt last last winter California got all of our usual pineapple expresses (haha I loath to call them atmospheric rivers).  Like the whole normal weather pattern shifted south.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

That sounds tough.  Yah most of the time our wind is blows west to east, or maybe southwest to north east.

Sometimes when we get our hottest weather it causes the pattern to change.  A year or two ago the wind started coming straight north which funneled smoke from California fires directly into Washington and BC.  

It's pretty crazy.   It's super dry here too.   We had one of the driest winters I can remember (we had rain, but not near the amounts we usually get), and have gone straight into a dry spring.  Last year the wet season lasted until mid July then got so warm/dry we had campfire bans by the end of July (I can't remember the last time it only took 2 weeks of amazing weather to do that). Then we had the longest Summer I recall, where it was sunny and didn't rain until November.  Summer went into serious overtime.

So many weird weather anomalies.    It also felt last last winter California got all of our usual pineapple expresses (haha I loath to call them atmospheric rivers).  Like the whole normal weather pattern shifted south.

Dry/ Northwest.  Isn't that an oxymoron, lol!?

We've had strange weather this year as well- record level snow in the Sierras, two brief heat waves in May alternating between cooler than average, followed by some uncommon light rain this month and currently in a drowsy inducing warm and quite humid few day.  It's a roller coaster everywhere these days!

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,017
    brianlux said:
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

We've had strange weather this year as well- record level snow in the Sierras, two brief heat waves in May alternating between cooler than average, followed by some uncommon light rain this month and currently in a drowsy inducing warm and quite humid few day.  It's a roller coaster everywhere these days!
    Because my cousin has condos in Mammoth we hear about the snowfall up there.  These past few years they have had so much snow that they ski 9 months out of the year and this year had a record for road closures.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

Because my cousin has condos in Mammoth we hear about the snowfall up there.  These past few years they have had so much snow that they ski 9 months out of the year and this year had a record for road closures.

The photos coming out of Mammoth and Tahoe both this year were crazy.  Some people where asking why more people were not trying harder to get the snow off their roofs to avoid collapsed roofs, but in many places there simply was no place to remove the snow to. 
    With warmer weather upon us these last few weeks, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about flooding from all the runoff.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,017
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    Zod said:
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

The photos coming out of Mammoth and Tahoe both this year were crazy.  Some people where asking why more people were not trying harder to get the snow off their roofs to avoid collapsed roofs, but in many places there simply was no place to remove the snow to. 
    With warmer weather upon us these last few weeks, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about flooding from all the runoff.
    SO yes, there is literally no where to put the snow and there have been collapses of roofs, My cousins wan't one of them thankfully.

I fully expect bigger reservoirs to be built if this keeps happening.  You figure you can run a turbine AND supply water from all that runoff.
  • Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

That sounds hugely promising!  We had to have our roof redone about 4 or 5 years ago.  The shingles, we were told, were a newer, more reflective type that is more environmentally friendly that the old one, but this cool paint sounds even better.  I hope it begins to make a difference.

• Options

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

I sometimes have to ask, are there really still climate change deniers or are they just simply people to like to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.  I find these people to be easily ignored- I mean, how can one take them seriously?

• Options
    A new (not to be thankful for) record:

Phoenix breaks heat record with 19th day of temperatures at 110F or higher

Tuesday marked the 19th day the city of Phoenix has been subjected to temperatures of at least 110F (43.3C) – the longest stretch of time spent in such brutal heat – as record-breaking summer weather continues to affect millions in the US and around the world.
    The US city, which is the fifth biggest in the country, with a population of about 1.6 million that is only expected to grow in the coming years, often ranks as the hottest or one of the hottest.
    Wait a minute... did I read that right?  Phoenix is expected to grow?  As in, people actually want to go there?  WTF???
    In if NOAA is correct here, that record will be even greater:

Wednesday
    Sunny and hot, with a high near 116. Breezy, with a light and variable wind becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
    Wednesday Night
    Mostly clear, with a low around 91. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
    Thursday
    Sunny and hot, with a high near 117. Breezy, with a south wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
    Thursday Night
    Mostly clear, with a low around 91. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
    Friday
    Sunny and hot, with a high near 116. Breezy, with a west wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
    Friday Night
    A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 91. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming south southeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
    Saturday
    Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 113. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
    Saturday Night
    A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 91. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east southeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
    Sunday
    A 20 percent chance of showers after 11am. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 113. Breezy, with a north wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
    Sunday Night
    A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 91. Breezy, with a southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
    Monday
    A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 112. Breezy, with an east wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
    Monday Night
    A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 92. Breezy, with a west wind 5 to 15 mph becoming east after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
    Tuesday
    A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 112. Breezy, with a southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,606
    Al Gore on line 2.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Al Gore on line 2.

You lost me there, bud.  Line 2?  What is line 2?

• Options
    I would suspect or at least hope that the name James Hansen is familiar with anyone who has had an interest in global warming.  Al Gore gets a lot of attention on the subject- understandably, of course- but James Hansen is almost like the godfather of climate change awareness.  With his depth of breadth of knowledge on the topic, he is one to listen to.  It is hugely sad that too few have done so.

‘We are damned fools’: scientist who sounded climate alarm in 80s warns of worse to come

James Hansen, who testified to Congress on global heating in 1988, says world is approaching a ‘new climate frontier’

The world is shifting towards a superheated climate not seen in the past 1m years, prior to human existence, because “we are damned fools” for not acting upon warnings over the climate crisis, according to James Hansen, the US scientist who alerted the world to the greenhouse effect in the 1980s.

Hansen, whose testimony to the US Senate in 1988 is cited as the first high-profile revelation of global heating, warned in a statement with two other scientists that the world was moving towards a “new climate frontier” with temperatures higher than at any point over the past million years, bringing impacts such as stronger storms, heatwaves and droughts.

The world has already warmed by about 1.2C since mass industrialization, causing a 20% chance of having the sort of extreme summer temperatures currently seen in many parts of the northern hemisphere, up from a 1% chance 50 years ago, Hansen said.

“There’s a lot more in the pipeline, unless we reduce the greenhouse gas amounts,” Hansen, who is 82, told the Guardian. “These superstorms are a taste of the storms of my grandchildren. We are headed wittingly into the new reality – we knew it was coming.”

Hansen was a Nasa climate scientist when he warned lawmakers of growing global heating and has since taken part in protests alongside activists to decry the lack of action to reduce planet-heating emissions in the decades since.

He said the record heatwaves that have roiled the US, Europe, China and elsewhere in recent weeks have heightened “a sense of disappointment that we scientists did not communicate more clearly and that we did not elect leaders capable of a more intelligent response”.

“It means we are damned fools,” Hansen said of humanity’s ponderous response to the climate crisis. “We have to taste it to believe it.”

more at link

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Al Gore on line 2.

You know, old land line phones with multiple lines, same number, you could put them on hold? Well, Al Gore is holding on line 2 and would like to discuss his “Inconvenient Truth,” but you know, it’s just leftist, radical liberal, socialist alarmism to discuss the water temperatures around Flo Rida, the Gulf of Mexico, the Persian gulf, sea ice and glacier melt and record day and night temperatures in China, Europe and the US. Just all lies.

Should I ask Al to call back in a year or two?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Al Gore on line 2.

You know, old land line phones with multiple lines, same number, you could put them on hold? Well, Al Gore is holding on line 2 and would like to discuss his “Inconvenient Truth,” but you know, it’s just leftist, radical liberal, socialist alarmism to discuss the water temperatures around Flo Rida, the Gulf of Mexico, the Persian gulf, sea ice and glacier melt and record day and night temperatures in China, Europe and the US. Just all lies.

Haha!  Good stuff from your creative mind.  :smiley:

Aw heck, have Al call any time!  Would love to catch up with him!
    Seriously though, I imagine Mr. Gore feels the same way as James Hansen above.  Imagine the frustration of being ignored (or shunned) by so many. 

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Al Gore on line 2.

Seriously though, I imagine Mr. Gore feels the same way as James Hansen above.  Imagine the frustration of being ignored (or shunned) by so many. 
    All while being mostly correct or "right."

https://youtu.be/uq-gYOrU8bA

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Al Gore on line 2.

All while being mostly correct or "right."

https://youtu.be/uq-gYOrU8bA

Ha!  Oldie but goodie!