ISO new Euro EV Gold/Brass EV Zippo Variant please and thanks!- FOUND!!

elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
edited July 2019 in Lost Dogs
UPDATE: FOUND!
where  do i start?
I honestly  don't know where to start.  Getting old in age and realizing there are bigger things than merch, I gave up collecting most PJ/EV merch except for 2 things...I just couldn't walk away for my love of PJ guitar picks and EV Zippos.  I obsess over both and decided if i could stand my ground no longer collecting everything else, then having the thrill and chase of still collecting picks and zippos was ok.
Ever since I was a kid - I collected things and my parents called me a "completist".  To them that meant I collected one of everything. Every hot wheels or match box car. Every Star Wars figure.  Every John Elway card ever made...those were my goals that somehow were in my personality even as a young child and here I am still trying to do the same today.
So when I heard the rumor that a variation EV Brass/Gold Zippo for the Euro tour was happening and only 30 would be made (less available as I think EV kept #23 and Tsurt kept #7 (my #!!), I was beyond disheartened.  I have spent the past 10 years collecting EV zippos and except for the Wrigley Friends Family version, I had worked hard to have every zippo made available to us, the fans and public.
Then there it was...the gold/brass zippo in Ireland.  
I had so many friends over time help me but I didn't have a lot at the show in Ireland
I am blessed with so many friends over time including this past tour help me get to where I am today but then the brass/gold happened and I was SOL...my collection would be incomplete
Then I got a PM..from @lastexitlondon 
and my hope restored. That feeling of hope, excitement and the chase was back...everything as a kid and as an adult I love to feel as a collector
I didn't want to say anything or celebrate until it was in hand.  That happened yesterday.  I learned a long time ago that sometimes shipping goes wrong. Especially overseas and with customs etc.  So I held my breath for a good week but yesterday it arrived.  I traded the UPS driver a cold bottle of water for a box.  Got inside and opened her up and voila- a gold/brass zippo keeping my collection complete (again not counting the F&F Wrigley one although one day I hope that happens too LOL).
There are no true words to thank everyone involved.  Everyone who Pm'd me to offer to help. Everyone who put their wants, wishes and needs for their personal collecctions aside to wish me luck and of course @lastexitlondon 
 and his friend for helping make it a reality.
I sit here in awe.
Now I think it's time to get a display case.  This collection deserves better than sitting on a shelf. 
Each zippo represents something and someone.  Each represents a story. Each zippo represents a friendship in how the zippo got in my collection.
That's what's great about collecting. The hunt is fun.  Then the achievement feels good.  However the best part is the stories, the friendships and helping each other or helping others in need.  That's what binds us all together. This band and this circle of fans we complete with each other
-EV

ISO new Euro EV Gold/Brass EV Zippo Variant please and thanks!
Help!!

Post edited by elwayvedder on

Comments

• sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    Oooohhh nice! Good luck!
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    Here's my collection thanks to so many friends in this community:

• SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    wow -- good luck Dave.  I'm sure someone will help you out!
  • terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    is that all of the  Zippos EV has done?
    terrym08 said:
    yes not including the new brass/gold one and the EV Wrigley F&F
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,303
    Thats gunna be a tough find. 
  • terrym08terrym08 Posts: 370
    terrym08 said:
    thanks, where are the two red and white ones from. 3rd and 4th from the end.
    terrym08 said:
    terrym08 said:
    thanks, where are the two red and white ones from. 3rd and 4th from the end.
    2011 Aussie Tour
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Someone please hook Dave up with those 2 Zippos!  
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • This one will be impossible. Only 30. Can’t imagine the eBay price. 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,831
    :flushed:
    Hope you find one, DS!
    bump.couldn't sleep because i was dreaming of gold/brass ev zippos LOL
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139
    ISO’s do the same for me :(

good luck, somebody take care of this for him!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    Help!!

Wow, that's pretty cool.  Were these at the shows @elwayvedder?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,826
    This must be the  fuckin holy grail of lighters full stop. What a fuckin beauty
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,437
    Help!!

OMG!!!!!!
    what would it take??????
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,826
    More than us mortals  could gather
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    That’s some bling bling for you smokers...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    Was this zippo sold at the Merch stands or was it another friends/family thing?
    More than us mortals  could gather
    I have posters  :s
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    DavidD said:
    Tsurt seems to suggest it may be sold in the Insta post........We have to think that with him showing it on that account, and mentioning it was no 7 and only he knows when they may appear....that they will appear
    pdalowsky said:
    DavidD said:
    Tsurt seems to suggest it may be sold in the Insta post........We have to think that with him showing it on that account, and mentioning it was no 7 and only he knows when they may appear....that they will appear
      I wonder how much those are going to run?
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,831

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    Mattchew said:
    pdalowsky said:
    DavidD said:
    I would expect them to be the normal price but then you just never know....

It wouldnt be such a bad thing if they marked them up to £100-150 and made a little extra for charity (as per the signed posters)

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,960
    pdalowsky said:
    Mattchew said:
    pdalowsky said:
    DavidD said:

It wouldnt be such a bad thing if they marked them up to £100-150 and made a little extra for charity (as per the signed posters)

They should stay random just like those ridiculous variant pins from the tour.

Please find EV a brass zippo.  I will not be pursuing this.
    pdalowsky said:
    Mattchew said:
    pdalowsky said:
    DavidD said:

Yes, that would be nice.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,527

First person in line - "I'd like 30 bronze Zippos please."  

Merch stand clerk that doesn't give a shit about EV or PJ:  "Here you go.  That will be $900."

A riot ensues...much weeping and gnashing of teeth. 

has any EV gold/brass variant zippos been present at the merch tables as of yet?  
    bump
    only a week or so of shows left. curious to see when/if they are available and if to fans and at random or what. not sure why Tsurt would advertise them if they were F&F like EV's wrigley ones

First person in line - "I'd like 30 bronze Zippos please."  

Merch stand clerk that doesn't give a shit about EV or PJ:  "Here you go.  That will be $900."

A riot ensues...much weeping and gnashing of teeth. 

LOL, that's good!  Sounds about right.