Options

Immortality could be PJ's greatest song.

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    I always go back and forth between 
    Immortality & Nothingman. 
    Both have perfect vocals.
    Agreed.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    This will blow you up, some.
    This song is not even in my top 5 for that record.
    Not even my favorite slow jam on that record

It is a fucking awesome song - on an incredibly awesome album.
    Funny, I’m thinking the same thing 
    You two deserve each other. 
    Someone out there had to agree with me that Nothingman is better and that Immortality is outside of the Top 5 on the record.  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    This will blow you up, some.
    This song is not even in my top 5 for that record.
    Not even my favorite slow jam on that record

It is a fucking awesome song - on an incredibly awesome album.
    Funny, I’m thinking the same thing 
    You two deserve each other. 
    Someone out there had to agree with me that Nothingman is better and that Immortality is outside of the Top 5 on the record.  ;)
    Nothingman is just too amazing 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    Couldn’t sleep last night and since I had nothing else to do I thought about what slow PJ songs I like (even) better than Immortality... I’ve gotten at least five! I guess it just goes to show how subjective it all is and maybe how spoilt we are by having such an amazing catalogue to choose from! 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 918
    was not on my radar until Seattle night two last year with Matt's solo at the end, fucken crazy good! I bought the bootleg just for this song, so amazing live
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    JPPJ84 said:
    Couldn’t sleep last night and since I had nothing else to do I thought about what slow PJ songs I like (even) better than Immortality... I’ve gotten at least five! I guess it just goes to show how subjective it all is and maybe how spoilt we are by having such an amazing catalogue to choose from! 
    Other five are?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Other five are?
     Indifference, Nothingman, man of the hour, I got ID, sleight of hand, footsteps, Fatal. Honorable mention for thin air, light years, gone and come back which I‘d rate right next to Immortality (for me personally of course).
    ok I could name a few more, I obviously suck at deciding 😉
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    PJNB said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Other five are?

In no particular order....I guess the debate becomes, what is a slow song?  Anyway, I could add a few more I imagine if I thought more about it.  I love Immortality - this is not a hit job on the song...just on how amazing their other songs are.

Black
    Nothingman
    I Am Mine
    Hard To Imagine
    Footsteps
    NAIS
    Of the Girl
    Are Release & Pendulum slow songs?  They would rank near the top, to me.
    Present Tense (does that count as slow since it rocks at the end?)

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    PJNB said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Other five are?
     Indifference, Nothingman, man of the hour, I got ID, sleight of hand, footsteps, Fatal. Honorable mention for thin air, light years, gone and come back which I‘d rate right next to Immortality (for me personally of course).
    ok I could name a few more, I obviously suck at deciding 😉
    For me Present Tense, Release and Indifference are the only ones close. Parting Ways, Hard to Imagine, and All or None are honourable mentions. 
  • Options
    Sleight of Hand is in my top 10.
    Sleight of hand is in my bottom five.  
  • Options
    Love love love Present Tense, just didn’t count as slow on my list (although it kind of is). Also love Garden, Release and Long Road. I always find it next to impossible to rate PJ songs... give me a couple more minutes and I might as well name every single slow song :P 
    one that‘s weird to me though is off he goes. A brilliantly beautiful song and it’s not that I don’t enjoy it, it’s just like I never look forward to hearing it (No Code being my favorite album). Don’t know how to explain it. Do any of you get that with certain songs??
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Wow, seriously? That being you still like it or not at all?
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Love love love Present Tense, just didn’t count as slow on my list (although it kind of is). Also love Garden, Release and Long Road. I always find it next to impossible to rate PJ songs... give me a couple more minutes and I might as well name every single slow song :P 
    one that‘s weird to me though is off he goes. A brilliantly beautiful song and it’s not that I don’t enjoy it, it’s just like I never look forward to hearing it (No Code being my favorite album). Don’t know how to explain it. Do any of you get that with certain songs??
    Bee Girl
    Yellow Moon
    Parachutes

Oh yeah, I take that back -- I like none of those songs and also never look forward to hearing.  :lol:   

I forgot Indifference...Garden.... & Long Road.  They would rank above Immortality, to me.

Again, I love Immortality.  :)
  • Options
    We all do! ;-)
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I find sleight of hand extremely boring.
    I get what you are saying about off he goes, it is a fantastic song but it never really goes anywhere live.  
    My five favorite slow pj songs other than immortality are:

Release: perfect opening to a show, love the lyrics, love everything about it.
    Long road: perhaps my favorite song ever but I like immortality better live.
    Parting Ways: one that should be played at every show.  it would make a killer set closer.
    Hard to Imagine: again, another one that should be played live at every show.
    Come back: love the lyrics, love it live.

• Options
    If Present Tense counts as slow, so does Tremor Christ, right?! Cause that’s in my top 5 off Vitalogy 
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    If Present Tense counts as slow, so does Tremor Christ, right?! Cause that’s in my top 5 off Vitalogy 
    i'm not sure if present tense would count as slow.  If it does then it would replace come back for me.  
  • Options
    Love the opening riff of HTI:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uw-0IVIhCw
  • Options
    Come Back joins my list as well. 
    Keep piling on!

I like Slight of Hand but also do not rank it very far up there -- Immortality is much better, to me. 
  • Options
    I love dead man! I find it really haunting if not „epic“ though 
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    sleight of hand live is great
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't think we'll ever understand the enigma that is McGruff.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Smellyman said:
    sleight of hand live is great
    I agree. Those 2000 versions were haunting.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    I love dead man! I find it really haunting if not „epic“ though 
    I also love Deadman. Such a simple tune and so beautiful, especially the guitar ditty to end it.
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m a complicated man. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Love the opening riff of HTI:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uw-0IVIhCw
    I remember the first time I found this song on one of those illegal file sharing sites and downloaded it, I was blown away and couldn't believe a song like this had never surfaced on an official release. I found a lot of rare PJ songs that way back in the early days of the internet. Thank goodness for Lost Dogs.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I m a complicated man. 
    Is that why you couldn't vote during the Lynyrd Skynyrd weakest link polls?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Yeah Present Tense is an odd one because it changes tempo halfway through. Also Long Road is another great song I missed. 

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    I thought this was an Immortality thread lol.