You May Only Have One: Cheese or Ice Cream

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Cheese
    deadendp said:
    deadendp said:

Permanent gray bars for all? 

So....if we really were in PJ prison, what ice cream or cheese would you choose for the duration of your visit? It's prison after all, so you may have one and only one flavor of either cheese or ice cream. 
    First Covid, and now we’re in jail? 

This year keeps getting better and better. 
    Banned made me think of the jail bars of banning here in the PJ Forum.  

Working with a sinus headache hangover.  Work with me here.  :lol:  
    Fine.

If fate is now so cruel that I am only allowed one cheese, I would choose Cabot's habanero cheddar. 
    I hear jail is hell.  :lol:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Please do not make me choose.
    See the source image
  • Options
    Cheese
    Hobbes said:
    See the source image
    Yes I have. Grew up eating it. :smiley:
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Please do not make me choose.
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    Do I get to choose my cell mates? =)

I think I’d pick something decadent along the lines of Ben and Jerry’s...like their brownie core ice cream. Or my version of fantasy cookies and cream where the ratio is 1:1. 

(great, all I have on hand at the moment are frozen yogurt bars :angry: )
    I've never been to prison, but my guess is that no-- you may not choose your cell mates.  We have a selection of the previously banned who will be surprise sprinkled in amongst the cheese/ice cream population.  (Please do not get my thread shut down with that comment.) 

Chocolate chip, because it reminds me of birthday parties with my grandma-ma.  (Yes, I know I went ice cream.) 
    I will not touch that comment.

FYI, ice cream burps are the best.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Ice cream
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

I think I’d pick something decadent along the lines of Ben and Jerry’s...like their brownie core ice cream. Or my version of fantasy cookies and cream where the ratio is 1:1. 

I've never been to prison, but my guess is that no-- you may not choose your cell mates.  We have a selection of the previously banned who will be surprise sprinkled in amongst the cheese/ice cream population.  (Please do not get my thread shut down with that comment.) 

Chocolate chip, because it reminds me of birthday parties with my grandma-ma.  (Yes, I know I went ice cream.
    It is accomplished. 
    My reason for ice cream in jail is because sometimes cheese calls for good tooth brushing.  I don't know if I can brush my teeth whenever I want in jail.  So, with that possibility, I went ice cream.  I don't want to be stuck with cheese breath.  
    So you’re more worried about halitosis than cavities/tooth decay?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Cheese
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

Chocolate chip, because it reminds me of birthday parties with my grandma-ma.  (Yes, I know I went ice cream.
    It is accomplished. 
    My reason for ice cream in jail is because sometimes cheese calls for good tooth brushing.  I don't know if I can brush my teeth whenever I want in jail.  So, with that possibility, I went ice cream.  I don't want to be stuck with cheese breath.  
    Yes. :smiley:

I would also hope that I wouldn't be given a long incarceration, thus bad breath being a more realistic immediate concern over tooth decay. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    Ice cream
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

I would also hope that I wouldn't be given a long incarceration, thus bad breath being a more realistic immediate concern over tooth decay. 
    I would prefer bad breath to keep the other inmates at bay; in fact, they might prefer it if all your teeth fell out. Less obstacles. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,894
    Cheese
     :o 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited August 2020
    Cheese
    I'd like to change my vote from cheese to ice cream please? Recently tried Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill icecream which is basically peanut butter flavoured ice cream with chewie brownies. It's a bit sickly so you can't eat a lot which is great if your on a diet and need something sweet :)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

I would prefer bad breath to keep the other inmates at bay; in fact, they might prefer it if all your teeth fell out. Less obstacles. 
    Spoken like a man with some prison "social" interaction expertise.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,894
    Cheese
    I'd like to change my vote from cheese to ice cream please? Recently tried Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill icecream which is basically peanut butter flavoured ice cream with chewie brownies. It's a bit sickly so you can't eat a lot which is great if your on a diet and need something sweet :)
    I too found this  wonderment
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Ice cream
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

Fun thing you never want to learn/realize on the fly: Most municipalities, including mighty metropolises such as New York City, close down, save for essential services, over the weekend. So, say you’ve already had a bad Friday night because you’ve had your head rammed into a fire hydrant because you knocked a guy off his barstool because he was openly bullying another customer on account of  that customer’s shape and you’d had enough of watching the offended customer disintegrate,  overwhelmed by shame and grief. If you just so happen to get apprehended and incarcerated for these crimes on that incredibly rotten Friday night, nothing about your criminal ass is an essential service. So you get to spend the next THREE NIGHTS in the pokey until you make bail on Monday, which can take quite a bit of time considering all the other weekend rowdies waiting along with you, sometimes until Tuesday. 

All that being said, I really miss Milano’s. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Cheese
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

Fun thing you never want to learn/realize on the fly: Most municipalities, including mighty metropolises such as New York City, close down, save for essential services, over the weekend. So, say you’ve already had a bad Friday night because you’ve had your head rammed into a fire hydrant because you knocked a guy off his barstool because he was openly bullying another customer on account of  that customer’s shape and you’d had enough of watching the offended customer disintegrate,  overwhelmed by shame and grief. If you just so happen to get apprehended and incarcerated for these crimes on that incredibly rotten Friday night, nothing about your criminal ass is an essential service. So you get to spend the next THREE NIGHTS in the pokey until you make bail on Monday, which can take quite a bit of time considering all the other weekend rowdies waiting along with you, sometimes until Tuesday. 

You are correct, Friday night is the wrong choice to make to get arrested. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Ice cream
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

You are correct, Friday night is the wrong choice to make to get arrested. 
    Yes, this is a public service announcement.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

I thought we were debating cheese and ice cream, not these tasty treats:

• Options
    Unless you were referring to this tasty treat:

• Options
    Cheese
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

I thought we were debating cheese and ice cream, not these tasty treats:

Yeah looks tasty
  • Options
    Cheese
    Milk chocolate?

Not worth it. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Cheese
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

I'm super glad we never hit any bars together 10-20 years ago. 
    At the same time, I am super bummed.

At least I got my ass kicked fewer times....but think of all of the fun missed out on!
    :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Cheese
    Milk chocolate?

Not worth it. 
    Agreed. Dark chocolate only, but could make a hell of an ice cream sandwich. 

DK, Because of my brother's habit of being federally housed off and on, I am aware if the Friday night/weekend issue. I'd like to say it was for the reason you stated but no, no it wasn't.  Stay away from heroin, boys and girls. Tis some bad shit.  
  • Options
    They come in dark chocolate of course, as well as a variety of other flavors like mint, orange and;

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,841
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

Everyone is posting about Milano cookies in response to this, but my first thought was Milano's bar in NYC - total dive bar that opens at 9:00am. Barfly Mecca!!

• Options
    Cheese
    Poncier said:
    They come in dark chocolate of course, as well as a variety of other flavors like mint, orange and;

Yes, please. 
  • Options
    Ice cream
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

Everyone is posting about Milano cookies in response to this, but my first thought was Milano's bar in NYC - total dive bar that opens at 9:00am. Barfly Mecca!!

This girl gets it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

This girl gets it. 
    Yup. If you know Milanos you must have also at some point gone to Mars Bar on Second Avenue. Stickiest floor I ever walked on. I don’t even want to know what it was. 
  • Options
    Ice cream
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

This girl gets it. 
    Yup. If you know Milanos you must have also at some point gone to Mars Bar on Second Avenue. Stickiest floor I ever walked on. I don’t even want to know what it was. 
    RIP, Mars Bar.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

This girl gets it. 
    RIP, Mars Bar.
    I know. It’s a TD Bank now 😡.  Makes me sad. It was 2 blocks from where I live so I used to pass it all the time. 

Just to keep thread integrity my choice is ice  cream. I have to do the official vote though. 
  • Options
    Ice cream
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    dankind said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

It is accomplished. 

This girl gets it. 
    RIP, Mars Bar.
    I know. It’s a TD Bank now 😡.  Makes me sad. It was 2 blocks from where I live so I used to pass it all the time. 

Just to keep thread integrity my choice is ice  cream. I have to do the official vote though. 
    Integrity shmegrity. I also mourn Manitoba’s and Lakeside Lounge from that area. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Cheese
    I did the grocery shopping for more than three months for my parents earlier in the pandemic. Each week my dad would email me a shopping list and I would do my best to get everything and then drop it at their door. One day, about 2.5 months in, I cracked. I said to him “what is WRONG with you people? You haven’t asked me to buy you cheese this whole time!” (maybe not the most tactful approach). He said “we had a block of cheese when this all started and we haven’t finished yet”.

I just shook my head. Unless it was a block the size of a small office building, I would have been through it by the end of the first month. Each week I buy several blocks of cheese, just for myself. 
  • Options
    Cheese
    This is why I figure I may be adopted.