Options

Please sign if you want Pearl Jam to tour Australia and New Zealand

124»

Comments

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,939
    JK109224 said:
    Any guesses on venues for AU/NZ? Another commenter said Heritage Stadium for GC.

For Auckland, Eden Park is taken for Coldplay/Pink (only 6 concerts per year). So I would assume it's Mt Smart  :| It could be Western Springs but I can't remember the last time a band did 2 nights there. 5AM Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Heritage Bank Stadium, Gold Coast
    Giants Stadium, Sydney
    Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
    Think rumoured Melbourne venue was AAMI stadium. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    JK109224 said:
    Any guesses on venues for AU/NZ? Another commenter said Heritage Stadium for GC.

For Auckland, Eden Park is taken for Coldplay/Pink (only 6 concerts per year). So I would assume it's Mt Smart  :| It could be Western Springs but I can't remember the last time a band did 2 nights there. 5AM Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Heritage Bank Stadium, Gold Coast
    Giants Stadium, Sydney
    Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
    Think rumoured Melbourne venue was AAMI stadium. 
    Initially, yes.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,879

• Options
    bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 186
    It will not be Marvel Stadium if there is 2 shows. No chance they sell that many tickets. Even AAMI for 2 nights is about 65,000 tickets. Marvel is about 120,000 tickets for 2 nights. 
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    I hope it's AAMI Park in Melbourne. Where do we think it'll be in Sydney? Allianz or Accor Stadium?
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,550

Pearl Jam will be in Gold Coast by the time Coldplay plays. I figured out how to travel to mount smart already. BRITOMART -> NEWMARKET -> PENROSE. Or dedicated shuttles from CBD?
  • Options
    llamasrawesumllamasrawesum Auckland, NZ Posts: 31
    Spunkie said:

Pearl Jam will be in Gold Coast by the time Coldplay plays. I figured out how to travel to mount smart already. BRITOMART -> NEWMARKET -> PENROSE. Or dedicated shuttles from CBD?
    I meant that Coldplay are doing 3 shows and Eden Park is only allowed to host 6 concerts per year so it won't be there.

There will be dedicated shuttles from the CBD but you could also take the train on the stops you mentioned. Mt Smart is bit of a poor location it's in an industrial area.
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    if I'm putting money on it it'll be Spark Arena if it's 2 nights, Mt Smart if it's 1 night.  They've played Mt Smart twice before - Western Springs got smashed in the big storm last year but the speedway opens this weekend for the first time since then so it may be able to be used again.

Also - @Spunkie - if you like chocolate whittakers chocolate is the best supermarket-level chocolate you can get.  No lies.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    Thanks EnZ!  Dark chocolate is one of my very favorite things! 

I'm hoping it's Spark, but planned for the alternative stadium tour as thrown out initially. 
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    I hope it's AAMI Park in Melbourne. Where do we think it'll be in Sydney? Allianz or Accor Stadium?

Giants Stadium.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    It's happening!  Registered with Ten Club this morning for a Golden Circle Ticket at the Gold Coast show but there is not an option to choose sitting or standing.  Not happy Jan! 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,377
    edited February 14
    E.K said:
    It's happening!  Registered with Ten Club this morning for a Golden Circle Ticket at the Gold Coast show but there is not an option to choose sitting or standing.  Not happy Jan! 
    Yes there is.... if you only want sitting you choose seats only. 
    If you'd take either course first option
  • Options
    ^I'm guessing EK wants party by the stage, standing only option! Hang in there 😀
  • Options
    E.K said:
    Yes there is.... if you only want sitting you choose seats only. 
    If you'd take either course first option
    The email I received says my ticket will be either Golden Reserve Standing OR A Reserve seating at the Gold Coast show.  

• Options
    Spunkie said:
    ^I'm guessing EK wants party by the stage, standing only option! Hang in there 😀
    Yep.  Like at the Gold Coast Big Day Out show where I somehow managed to get on the rail on Stone's side.  Mike jumped down and ran through the crowd for a while and I touched his sweet little tattooed arm as he went past me.  :D 
  • Options
    edited February 14
    Awww... good times. His sweet little tatooed arm. Giggle giggle. Too sweet.

I came across a Stickman hat that had a rope on it one time and wore it to his Flight to Mars show. He rubbed a little magic in it. And of course he showered my little girl with tons of pics at Ohana so that the people around us caught on and passed her one. 

@Loujoe (hint for your pics collection)
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Probably should close this thread as we have a few other Australian threads going at the moment.

@Sea ?