New Gillette add "Toxic Masculinity" is causing quite a stir!

18910111214»

Comments

  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 7,174
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Except for libel the burden of proof falls to the kid to prove, "malicious intent." Good luck with that.
    Any news group that reported the incident falsely or corroborated a story other than what happened can be sued for Libel.  I believe that is the angle they are going for here and why any emails about the story from the beginning shouldn't be deleted?
    Being sued is one thing. Winning is another. And if successful, wouldn't it then open the door to all the Faux News, National Enquirer, Brietbart, etc., being sued for the nonsense they "report" on?
    It isn't just bad reporting, it's bad reporting that resulted in a singling out a high school kid to the point where he got death threats.
    As much as you may not like Fox, I con't think of a single story where they hammered down on a single individual, who was a minor, to the point where he/she was getting harassed and death threats. But that is exactly what these news stories did, and much of what they reported on about the incident for days wasn't even true.
    I would like to see any news agency held accountable for things like that. I'm sure there is some law a fancy lawyer could argue about negligence resulting in harm or something.
    You forgot David Hogg that fast??
    Exactly what I was thinking. They were relentless with him, and thise kids went through a huge trauma and weren’t in the spotlight for being entitled smug jag-offs. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 3,502
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Except for libel the burden of proof falls to the kid to prove, "malicious intent." Good luck with that.
    Any news group that reported the incident falsely or corroborated a story other than what happened can be sued for Libel.  I believe that is the angle they are going for here and why any emails about the story from the beginning shouldn't be deleted?
    Being sued is one thing. Winning is another. And if successful, wouldn't it then open the door to all the Faux News, National Enquirer, Brietbart, etc., being sued for the nonsense they "report" on?
    It isn't just bad reporting, it's bad reporting that resulted in a singling out a high school kid to the point where he got death threats.
    As much as you may not like Fox, I con't think of a single story where they hammered down on a single individual, who was a minor, to the point where he/she was getting harassed and death threats. But that is exactly what these news stories did, and much of what they reported on about the incident for days wasn't even true.
    I would like to see any news agency held accountable for things like that. I'm sure there is some law a fancy lawyer could argue about negligence resulting in harm or something.
    You forgot David Hogg that fast??
    You’re right, he was unnecessarily targeted as well.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 3,502
    edited February 5
    mace1229 said:
    Except for libel the burden of proof falls to the kid to prove, "malicious intent." Good luck with that.
    Any news group that reported the incident falsely or corroborated a story other than what happened can be sued for Libel.  I believe that is the angle they are going for here and why any emails about the story from the beginning shouldn't be deleted?
    Being sued is one thing. Winning is another. And if successful, wouldn't it then open the door to all the Faux News, National Enquirer, Brietbart, etc., being sued for the nonsense they "report" on?
    It isn't just bad reporting, it's bad reporting that resulted in a singling out a high school kid to the point where he got death threats.
    As much as you may not like Fox, I con't think of a single story where they hammered down on a single individual, who was a minor, to the point where he/she was getting harassed and death threats. But that is exactly what these news stories did, and much of what they reported on about the incident for days wasn't even true.
    I would like to see any news agency held accountable for things like that. I'm sure there is some law a fancy lawyer could argue about negligence resulting in harm or something.
    Oh please, don’t act like the MAGA hat wearer was the first victim of media bashing or a victim of death threats as a result of media. Go look up the murdered abortion doctors and the relentless right wing media attacks that contributed to their deaths.
    Never said he was the first.  Never said it didn’t happen, just didn’t remember it happening to a high school kid. I was proved wrong on that above.
    Still doesn’t change the fact I believe there should be a limit to freedom of the press where kids aren’t impacted like this.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,118
    14 pages for a shaving commercial? Lol
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 47,224
    my2hands said:
    14 pages for a shaving commercial? Lol
    Yeah, it great how that happens, no? Not sure why you're laughing about it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 18,575
    So I watched another video where it shows that kid say "if you like it and it isn't rape" in it's full context and boy was I ever surprised.

    It was in reaction to what the Black Israelites were saying.

    I will say that how that snippet of a clip was used was way off base.


  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 18,059
    my2hands said:
    14 pages for a shaving commercial? Lol
    if it isn't obvious, the commercial got the conversation, a very important conversation, started. exactly what all good marketing does. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 18,575
    my2hands said:
    14 pages for a shaving commercial? Lol
    if it isn't obvious, the commercial got the conversation, a very important conversation, started. exactly what all good marketing does. 
    I enjoyed it!
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 12,089
    I wonder if Trump uses Gillette blades?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 18,575
    I wonder if Trump uses Gillette blades?
    Definitely a Remington cordless type of guy.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 20,190
    I wonder if Trump uses Gillette blades?
    Definitely a Remington cordless type of guy.
    Eric’s job is to shave his daddy with a straight razor and apply the spray tan.
    09/15/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/29/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield, MA; 08/18/08, O2 London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA;

    "If you're looking down on someone, it better be to extend them a hand to lift them up."

    Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

    Brilliantati©
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 18,575
    I wonder if Trump uses Gillette blades?
    Definitely a Remington cordless type of guy.
    Eric’s job is to shave his daddy with a straight razor and apply the spray tan.
    No way his kid can handle the duties of applying the spray tan on evenly, no way.
  • jeffbrjeffbr SeattlePosts: 6,485
    Spray tan? Didn't the White House say it was good genes?


    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 47,224
    edited February 8
    I wonder if Trump uses Gillette blades?
    Definitely a Remington cordless type of guy.
    Eric’s job is to shave his daddy with a straight razor and apply the spray tan.
    No way his kid can handle the duties of applying the spray tan on evenly, no way.
    Then we should definitely assume that Eric does it for his dad, lol.

    What even happened to Eric? I never see anything about him anymore.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 4,953
    edited February 8
    jeffbr said:
    Spray tan? Didn't the White House say it was good genes?


    Jaundice?  Does he live exclusively off carrots and sweet potatoes? Lol
    "At least I'm housebroken"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 12,089
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    Spray tan? Didn't the White House say it was good genes?


    Jaundice?  Does he live exclusively off carrots and sweet potatoes? Lol
    It’s like trump and Michael Jackson are living opposite parallel skin lives...or were living I suppose.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via ChicagoPosts: 4,483
    PJ_Soul said:
    I wonder if Trump uses Gillette blades?
    Definitely a Remington cordless type of guy.
    Eric’s job is to shave his daddy with a straight razor and apply the spray tan.
    No way his kid can handle the duties of applying the spray tan on evenly, no way.
    Then we should definitely assume that Eric does it for his dad, lol.

    What even happened to Eric? I never see anything about him anymore.
    lol

    I saw Tiffany at the SOTU and my first thought was : "oh yeah, she exists too"
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 18,059
    CM189191 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I wonder if Trump uses Gillette blades?
    Definitely a Remington cordless type of guy.
    Eric’s job is to shave his daddy with a straight razor and apply the spray tan.
    No way his kid can handle the duties of applying the spray tan on evenly, no way.
    Then we should definitely assume that Eric does it for his dad, lol.

    What even happened to Eric? I never see anything about him anymore.
    lol

    I saw Tiffany at the SOTU and my first thought was : "oh yeah, she exists too"
    and wasn't she wearing white?
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 3,502
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    Spray tan? Didn't the White House say it was good genes?


    Jaundice?  Does he live exclusively off carrots and sweet potatoes? Lol
    Here's the thing, they make spray tans that look so much better than that. It doesn't look natural, that's for sure, but I don't think it is a spray tan either.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 47,224
    edited February 8
    I actually knew a guy who ate so many carrots he turned orange. No joke. For some reason he just decided when he was younger that he loved carrots SO much, he was eating pounds of them a day, lol, like some kind of food obsession. He fully turned orange, which is when his parents put a stop to it. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo FacePosts: 4,953
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    Spray tan? Didn't the White House say it was good genes?


    Jaundice?  Does he live exclusively off carrots and sweet potatoes? Lol
    Here's the thing, they make spray tans that look so much better than that. It doesn't look natural, that's for sure, but I don't think it is a spray tan either.
    My arms looked that color after I sprayed sealant on my fence...Maybe he seals a lot of fences? Lol
    "At least I'm housebroken"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 18,059
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    jeffbr said:
    Spray tan? Didn't the White House say it was good genes?


    Jaundice?  Does he live exclusively off carrots and sweet potatoes? Lol
    Here's the thing, they make spray tans that look so much better than that. It doesn't look natural, that's for sure, but I don't think it is a spray tan either.
    My arms looked that color after I sprayed sealant on my fence...Maybe he seals a lot of fences? Lol
    STEEL SLATS
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 14,859
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Sign In or Register to comment.