Where does Pearl Jam go from here?

1234568»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,500
    NewJPage said:
    If Pearl Jam was making decent $$$ off albums they'd still be doing an Album every 3 years.  In no way are they irrelevant, it's just different times where some bands do not feel the effort going into making new music is worth it.  Time will tell.  I wouldn't panic.  I believe they all got young families, so they are trying to be there for their children as well.  It would not surprise that they become more active in their 60's
    The families aren't all that young...Matt's son is in his 20s. Plus the families tour with them every time. And they can record in Seattle. It's not like they are the first musicians to have offspring...Neil young had 3 young children in the 80s, 2 with special needs, and all he managed to get out was [checks notes]...9 albums (plus several others that were never released) 2 films, develop a new way for special needs kids to use electronic model trains, start bridge school, and tour every year
    I was thinking of Neil as well.  My father had three kids and he kept working 5 days a week.  But he wasn't fabulously famous and wealthy.  Being a bit hungry is not a bad thing.
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    edited March 17
    brianlux said:
    NewJPage said:
    If Pearl Jam was making decent $$$ off albums they'd still be doing an Album every 3 years.  In no way are they irrelevant, it's just different times where some bands do not feel the effort going into making new music is worth it.  Time will tell.  I wouldn't panic.  I believe they all got young families, so they are trying to be there for their children as well.  It would not surprise that they become more active in their 60's
    The families aren't all that young...Matt's son is in his 20s. Plus the families tour with them every time. And they can record in Seattle. It's not like they are the first musicians to have offspring...Neil young had 3 young children in the 80s, 2 with special needs, and all he managed to get out was [checks notes]...9 albums (plus several others that were never released) 2 films, develop a new way for special needs kids to use electronic model trains, start bridge school, and tour every year
    I was thinking of Neil as well.  My father had three kids and he kept working 5 days a week.  But he wasn't fabulously famous and wealthy.  Being a bit hungry is not a bad thing.
    Maybe Neils kids would have wanted him home more often. 

Comparing how a dad did in in the 80s and in the 10s.... I mean, there's a world of difference then to now. And also, everyone is different. Being able to stay home with your kids, surfing and beating records in Pac-Man if you find that more fulfilling than forcing out music - then why not?
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 3,940
    edited March 17
    [Looks at Neil's 9 albums from the 80s]

hmmmmmm
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 16,287
    [Looks at Neil's 9 albums from the 80s]

hmmmmmm
    [Looks at Pearl Jams albums from 09 to 16 ]

hmmmm
    The man they call my enemy. I've seen his eyes, he looks just like me - A mirror...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 28,500
    brianlux said:
    NewJPage said:
    Maybe Neils kids would have wanted him home more often. 

Comparing how a dad did in the 80s 50's and in the 10s.... I mean, there's a world of difference then to now. And also, everyone is different. Being able to stay home with your kids, surfing and beating records in Pac-Man if you find that more fulfilling than forcing out music - then why not?
    Fixed!  :smiley:
    "Hate your job, love your stuff
    If you think that's living, you are
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong"
    -Juliana Hatfield
    M.I.T.S.

• KN219077KN219077 MontanaPosts: 452
    I know from having a job that people always want more from me, kids have changed my perspective alot and I work less than people want me to