123457»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain.Posts: 25,779

"Love and only love will break it down"
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USAPosts: 3,034
    edited January 11
    i will bitch.  that's what $40 is worth to me. (soon to be $20)
  • JbarkerJbarker AlbertaPosts: 467
    Matts3221 said:

Good God People.

I know I wrote a comment on maybe the second page but again why do all supposed "fans" shit on everything this band does. Guess what if they sell a shit ton of merch they will keep selling the merch. If people stop buying it guess what less merch , this is simply supply and demand.

Put out a new album or tour more. Get over it , I love that fans are saying "if I was in Pearl Jam I would do this" well your not in PJ , start your own band and you can do whatever you like if you take off with it.

If they don't want to tour , they don't want to tour. If they are touring and don't want too all you end up with is shows were they are just phoned in and the same setlist every night.

If they don't want to put out a new album well again their choice.

One of my favorite bands of all time is Jane's Addiction . They put out three amazing albums and called it a day ( I know they have gotten back together since 97 and have released I guess what I would think are not the best albums since ) but those three were all the world needed.

Just be happy they still play shows , that they are happy with the way the band is going for them. They could have hung it up a long time ago. They have been doing this for a long time and if they want to play 10 shows a year and chill at home while helping the communities around them and spend more time with their family more power too them.

Dial it back a notch there fella.

All supposed fans DO NOT shit on everything this band does.

Maybe your misunderstanding the design of the "10c forum". We are here to support each other through the ups and downs of PJ fandom. We massage each others gripes and we revel in each others joys. This is the perfect outlet for merch, tour and music concerns. Please turn that frown upside down.

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 2,561
    Matts3221 said:

Good God People.

I know I wrote a comment on maybe the second page but again why do all supposed "fans" shit on everything this band does. Guess what if they sell a shit ton of merch they will keep selling the merch. If people stop buying it guess what less merch , this is simply supply and demand.

Put out a new album or tour more. Get over it , I love that fans are saying "if I was in Pearl Jam I would do this" well your not in PJ , start your own band and you can do whatever you like if you take off with it.

If they don't want to tour , they don't want to tour. If they are touring and don't want too all you end up with is shows were they are just phoned in and the same setlist every night.

One of my favorite bands of all time is Jane's Addiction . They put out three amazing albums and called it a day ( I know they have gotten back together since 97 and have released I guess what I would think are not the best albums since ) but those three were all the world needed.

Just be happy they still play shows , that they are happy with the way the band is going for them. They could have hung it up a long time ago. They have been doing this for a long time and if they want to play 10 shows a year and chill at home while helping the communities around them and spend more time with their family more power too them.

Most of the people that have expressed non-fawning opinions do not have nearly as much invested in the discussion as you seem to. General feeling from many, me included, is if the band isn't all that invested in being a band that that impacts our role as fans. I don't think it's all that constructive to just kowtow to any and every decision (or non decision) these guys make. That is all. I'll just check out Neil young in Madison in a couple weeks.  He's still hungry. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Jbarker said:
    Matts3221 said:

Good God People.

Maybe your misunderstanding the design of the "10c forum". We are here to support each other through the ups and downs of PJ fandom. We massage each others gripes and we revel in each others joys. This is the perfect outlet for merch, tour and music concerns. Please turn that frown upside down.

Well said. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 124
    There's a scream on Breakerfall that I totally thought was Chris .
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • JS81606JS81606 Posts: 71
    I just think the band ought to dis-band, go about separate ways, enjoy their side projects,  make music when and how of their chosing, as opposed to the pressure of writing and releasing music that is overly critiqued and compared to 1991.  These men no longer are those twenty year old anger driven musicians.  Besides Eddie and his political rants, most of the band to me has moved past that and enjoy dialing it back a bit.  I think (individually) they actually enjoy playing smaller venues and engaging with the audience more.  I don't want to see it happen, but if they ended it today, no complaints from me.  As with everything, a life cycle has an end.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,458
    They have one more album in them along with a two years of touring.  After that they will all but be retired and maybe it is time to call it a day at what will then be 30 years.  
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    edited January 14
    JS81606 said:
    I just think the band ought to dis-band, go about separate ways, enjoy their side projects,  make music when and how of their chosing, as opposed to the pressure of writing and releasing music that is overly critiqued and compared to 1991.  These men no longer are those twenty year old anger driven musicians.  Besides Eddie and his political rants, most of the band to me has moved past that and enjoy dialing it back a bit.  I think (individually) they actually enjoy playing smaller venues and engaging with the audience more.  I don't want to see it happen, but if they ended it today, no complaints from me.  As with everything, a life cycle has an end.
    That's may be true, but if so, to me that kind of sucks.  I'm 67 and I'm still angry and driven.  The guys in Dinosaur Jr are about the same age as  members of Pearl Jam and they're still, as Mike Watt put it, "Kickin' like Kato".  Hell, the guys in the Rolling Stones are between 71 and 82 and they're still doing it.

Mid fifties and coasting?  Seems like a waste to me.
    -Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 700

.Jbarker said:
    Matts3221 said:

Good God People.

Damn you handled that with class. I was just going to post the definition of "forum."

I post often here ideas and views about the band. Mostly unpopular, such as selling obstructed view seats without disclosure or locking out most fans from chance at best seats year after year.

I get the band earned their right to do what they want how they want but paying customers also have the right to express opinions and ideas

That's literally what a PJ forum is for.

we've overfed our tigers.
    vaggar99 said:
    we've overfed our tigers.
    Possibly... but still gitten' 'er done.  :lol:

-Neil Young
    M.I.T.S.

brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said: