Options

Do you like the film Scarface?

Comments

• Options
    Very true, njnancy! Women like Die Hard too. And Lethal Weapon. But not Scarface.  =)
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited December 2018
    Very true, njnancy! Women like Die Hard too. And Lethal Weapon. But not Scarface.  =)
    Scarface is one of those movies that you watch because it was such a big deal. Not a movie I'd watch again on purpose. But it was appropriate for the time it was made. Too much violence for my taste. 

Love the Lethal Weapon franchise. Before Mel Gibson lost his mind (in RL, losing his mind in LW was part of the draw) - he and Danny Glover were a great pair for a buddy movie. And the addition of Joe Pesci was perfect. 
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    IMHO Pacino blew his load on The Godfather’s I&II everything else since has been crap ! 
    Glengarry Glen Ross. He is awesome in it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,490
    edited December 2018
    njnancy said:
    Scarface is one of those movies that you watch because it was such a big deal. Not a movie I'd watch again on purpose. But it was appropriate for the time it was made. Too much violence for my taste. 

Love the Lethal Weapon franchise. Before Mel Gibson lost his mind (in RL, losing his mind in LW was part of the draw) - he and Danny Glover were a great pair for a buddy movie. And the addition of Joe Pesci was perfect. 
    About Scarface, I became more interested in seeing it after reading Cliffy's and Fme's posts about how funny it was. I laughed at the polluted womb quote. Who knows? Maybe I'll give it a shot.

That was the only way I was able to watch Roadhouse, as a funny bad movie. 
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    IMHO Pacino blew his load on The Godfather’s I&II everything else since has been crap ! 
    I think the overacting in HEAT adds to his role too. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,321
    Like I stated IMHO heck what do I know ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Superbad was a hell of a lot better than American Pie.
    Blasphemy!
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Favorite Christmas movies:

Bad Santa
    Gremlins
    Female Trouble
    Lethal Weapon
    Christmas Evil
    The Ice Harvest
    The Ref
    Black Christmas
    Die Hard
    A Christmas Story

Scrooged
     (awesome until the third act)

The Tim Burton Christmas trilogy (Edward ScissorhandsBatman Returns and The Nightmare Before Christmas)

I used to love Silent Night, Deadly Night, but I don’t know how well that one has held up. 

The Ice Harvest is fucking great!!
  • Options
    Blasphemy!
    Like hell!

We need a ruling on this...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    Blasphemy!
    Like hell!

American pie is classic!  Superbad is great but not on the same level. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    May God have mercy on your souls.

:lol:
  • Options
    Superbad is a way better film than American Pie.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931

That’s a tough one. I think both are fantastic and I would have to rate them equally. American Pie hits home for me because I was a senior in high school when it came out, so it was easy to relate. Superbad probably does make me laugh harder though. 
  • Options

Pfffffft. :lol::rofl: With this kind of comedy, you could write a better film than either one. Superbad is Disney compared to American Pie.
  • Options
    I hope this becomes a pissing contest! Love those. That's why Pushing Tin is one of my favorite films ever.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    American Pie gets my vote.  Hilarious.

• Options
    I hope this becomes a pissing contest! Love those. That's why Pushing Tin is one of my favorite films ever.

For the love of gawd...

As if politics wasn't dividing this community enough... now battle lines are being drawn with Scarface as the divisive factor.

There's no hope. Lord please help us.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

For the love of gawd...

As if politics wasn't dividing this community enough... now battle lines are being drawn with Scarface as the divisive factor.

People are going to start thinking we're in love. I think we can both post in the same thread without talking to each other. Deal?
  • Options
    Somebody tell OffSheGoes35 deal.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

For the love of gawd...

People are going to start thinking we're in love. I think we can both post in the same thread without talking to each other. Deal?
    He said deal. But I think there is a thread about a girl named Agnes you might be nominated in.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    edited December 2018
    Has Agnes been found yet?

Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

For the love of gawd...

He said deal. But I think there is a thread about a girl named Agnes you might be nominated in.
    It's about time! Who are you going to nominate with me, Dyer? Not someone married (like thirty) I hope. And I want the bird choice to be ravens!! 
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Has Agnes been found yet?

LOL
    It's been over 48 hours since we've heard anything, she's fucked I'm afraid.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Blasphemy!
    Like hell!

American Pie by a mile.
    "This one time at band camp...." 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    OffSheGoes35 said: my
    Blasphemy!
    Like hell!

American Pie by a mile.
    "This one time at band camp...." 
    Exhibit A as to why Superbad is better. thank you. ;)
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11