WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    This is most every rappers fav movie.  A lot of people in hiphop love this film.

It is a good film too.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

I'm beginning to loathe GIF's...
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Slightly de-railing the thread for a second...Godfather 1 or 2? Have to pick one...

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Why aren't anyone listing Fanny and Alexander amongst your christmas movies? Get some class.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited December 2018
    dankind said:

Are you trying to say that Mick died of a poontang overdose?

Interesting...
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • Options
    ed243421 said:

THESE ARENT SOME DRIED UP OLD LADIES -- THEY'RE READY TO GO!

Love that movie. The Breakfast Club of our generation.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    You must be younger than I am.  The Breakfast Club was The Breakfast Club of my generation.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    The Breakfast Club sucks. Bunch of whiny little brats. I'm on team Vernon all the way!

Superbad>The Breakfast Club

And it's not even close.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,952
    edited December 2018
    dankind said:
    The Breakfast Club sucks. Bunch of whiny little brats. I'm on team Vernon all the way!

Superbad>The Breakfast Club

And it's not even close.
    I agree. 

Except for:

and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v7CPzuGwRA

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    TEAM VERNON!!!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    You must be younger than I am.  The Breakfast Club was The Breakfast Club of my generation.
    Well... I guess maybe.... eh.... Scream would have been the Superbad of my generation then..? or whatever came out in the 90s... Never saw Dazed and Confused growing up, which is quite similiar to Superbad/Breakfast club/American Grafitti etc.
  • Options
    Superbad was a hell of a lot better than American Pie.
  • Options
    Well... I guess maybe.... eh.... Scream would have been the Superbad of my generation then..? or whatever came out in the 90s... Never saw Dazed and Confused growing up, which is quite similiar to Superbad/Breakfast club/American Grafitti etc.
    Just when I thought we could be friends, you make a statement like this. 

Dazed and Confused is a goddamn masterpiece. It was certainly inspired by American Graffiti, but surpasses it in nearly every possible way. The only thing that it has in common with the other two is the general age group of the protagonists -- oh yeah, and there's a teen party and some scenes filmed at a school.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Superbad is terrible.
    I'd cut out most of the scenes with the police officers which draaaaaags the movie down and takes the focus away from the kids. 

But in no way is it terrible.

Michael Cera is amazing in it.

• Options
    Superbad is a wonderfully hilarious manlove story. And I knew immediately after seeing it that Emma Stone was going to blow up. Cera and Hill were the heart of that film, but she was the soul of it. 

And if you cut the pigs, then you don't get the "serpentine" fleeing scene. That shit has me doubled over every time I see it.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Superbad is a wonderfully hilarious manlove story. And I knew immediately after seeing it that Emma Stone was going to blow up. Cera and Hill were the heart of that film, but she was the soul of it. 

And if you cut the pigs, then you don't get the "serpentine" fleeing scene. That shit has me doubled over every time I see it.
    Haha. The "He's the fastest kid alive" scene? We quoted that for years after the film came out.

There could have been cops arriving at the party and them fleeing - without Hader and Rogen having such big parts AND playing characters from a completely different film. They play Will Ferrell-characters while Hill, Stone and Cera play real people. Jarring. Get them out of the film.
  • Options
    dankind said:

Haha. The "He's the fastest kid alive" scene? We quoted that for years after the film came out.

There could have been cops arriving at the party and them fleeing - without Hader and Rogen having such big parts AND playing characters from a completely different film. They play Will Ferrell-characters while Hill, Stone and Cera play real people. Jarring. Get them out of the film.
    Aw, S_C, I can't quit you.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Is it safe?
    Winter is coming.
    Is it... SAFE?

Lol. You culturally illiterate buffoons. The dentist scene in Marathon Man featured this line and some great Dustin retorts.

Until Sel brought the pain. Then, as Hedo said, the squirming begins for the viewer.

I saw still shots of Eddie in concert wearing a Marathon Man T-shirt.
    "My brain's a good brain!"