Options

Team Mueller (and Their Report)

Comments

• Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS44325 said:
    This is an embarrassing implosion of a once great man. Clearly a figure head for a report he never really wrote and seems like he never even read. Democrats are struggling to move the ball towards impeachment when all they are doing is rehashing things the public already knows. The republicans on the other hand are blowing the mythical Mueller apart while exposing the public to the origins and bias underlying the whole charade. Casual observers who are paying attention are wondering why the media never informed them of these details over the last two years. It’s all over but the crying...and the Durham findings.
    What do you think of Jim Jordan?
    He’s asking the questions I’m dying to the know the answers too. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,580
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    This is an embarrassing implosion of a once great man. Clearly a figure head for a report he never really wrote and seems like he never even read. Democrats are struggling to move the ball towards impeachment when all they are doing is rehashing things the public already knows. The republicans on the other hand are blowing the mythical Mueller apart while exposing the public to the origins and bias underlying the whole charade. Casual observers who are paying attention are wondering why the media never informed them of these details over the last two years. It’s all over but the crying...and the Durham findings.
    Have you read the Team Mueller Report, herr professor?
    Yeah. Crazy that Mueller didn’t.
    You would have perjured yourself within 5 minutes of what Team Mueller withstood today. And sure you did.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    BS44325 said:
    I disagree with your take on Mueller, and I don't expect any 'side-swapping' after the event since it was overall benign, however I agree fully about the DNC's failure to set up a cohesive strategy towards impeachment. When asked to testify, Mueller agreed stating he would only answer on matters to do with the report. What do the Democrats do? Ask him questions unrelated to the report while the public gets frustrated at Mueller for not answering the questions he explicitly said he would not answer. The lack of coordination was once again fully on display. Much as I want a Democrat as president, I really believe Trump has the upper hand, based on ineptitude from DNC leadership and a lack of party cohesion.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    benjs said:
    BS44325 said:
    I disagree with your take on Mueller, and I don't expect any 'side-swapping' after the event since it was overall benign, however I agree fully about the DNC's failure to set up a cohesive strategy towards impeachment. When asked to testify, Mueller agreed stating he would only answer on matters to do with the report. What do the Democrats do? Ask him questions unrelated to the report while the public gets frustrated at Mueller for not answering the questions he explicitly said he would not answer. The lack of coordination was once again fully on display. Much as I want a Democrat as president, I really believe Trump has the upper hand, based on ineptitude from DNC leadership and a lack of party cohesion.
    This isn't the DNC, it's House Democrats.   I think the whole event was a gamble designed to appease some members.  It could be there was no available strategy based on the limitations of the testimony,  vs not having a strategy. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    BS44325 said:
    This isn't the DNC, it's House Democrats.   I think the whole event was a gamble designed to appease some members.  It could be there was no available strategy based on the limitations of the testimony,  vs not having a strategy. 
    Good point mrussel; House Democrats - not the DNC at large. I just meant they could have woven a story of what happened, but instead it felt like everyone came with their questions that they prepared as individuals, and didn't prepare in concert to make a productive show (and it does appear this was designed to be a show). 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Okey. I'm putting you in the "People who listens to Nickelback" corner.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Trump is gonna speak on the hearing "Totally innocent. Angry democrats"

And Pelosi is gonna speak "Innocent enough. Twitter democrats"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

And AOC will throw her hat in the ring with a “That’s racist”.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

What will Ted do? 
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2019
    PJPOWER said:

What will Ted do? 
    Eat a booger?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    benjs said:
    BS44325 said:
    He didn’t want to testify at all. He telegraphed that months ago. Sane democrats didn’t want him to testify either...they just wanted to let it go. The problem is the far-left base and the Halifax’s of the world who demanded it, so convinced that testimony would nail Trump once and for all. Well Halifax got his wish and it totally backfired. Mueller’s reputation is all that held this nonsense together and today it took a massive hit. Trump emerged far stronger from this hearing and as an added bonus the racism charges just dropped off the front page. It was a terrible day for the resistance and the regular democrats who just want to get rid of Trump at the ballot box can thank Halifax and his squad for 4 more years.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Okey. I'm putting you in the "People who listens to Nickelback" corner.
    I might be a Canadian but I’m not an idiot.
  • Options
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    BS44325 said:
    benjs said:
    BS44325 said:
    He didn’t want to testify at all. He telegraphed that months ago. Sane democrats didn’t want him to testify either...they just wanted to let it go. The problem is the far-left base and the Halifax’s of the world who demanded it, so convinced that testimony would nail Trump once and for all. Well Halifax got his wish and it totally backfired. Mueller’s reputation is all that held this nonsense together and today it took a massive hit. Trump emerged far stronger from this hearing and as an added bonus the racism charges just dropped off the front page. It was a terrible day for the resistance and the regular democrats who just want to get rid of Trump at the ballot box can thank Halifax and his squad for 4 more years.
    Yep
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    BS44325 said:
    I doubt that. If anything, Mueller stayed very neutral which downplayed the theory he was a partisan hack. Trump supporters will claim vindication, as Democrats will claim that Trump and his associates were heavily involved in questionable, if not illegal behaviour. For the independents, who will be crucial in the next election, Trump has come off as a man of very questionable morality. Overall, I fail to see how this helps Trump in any way.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    BS44325 said:
    benjs said:
    BS44325 said:
    Nice spin there BS. “Halifax demanded Team Mueller’s testimony?” I don’t think I’ve ever demanded it. Because I saw it for what it was, placating the members of Congress for both sides to declare victory and go home and an opportunity for those American voters who can’t read past a sixth grade level and/or have the attention span to follow a highly complex investigation and subsequent report, and remember all the stuff that came out and that you claim the press never reported on or had heard otherwise, to hear about the meat and potatoes of the investigation and Team Trump Treason’s participation in treasonable offenses. Namely, obstruction of justice and abuse of power (ongoing investigations may very well include money laundering).

It was an opportunity to learn about the 130+ contacts that Team TrumpTreason and his ilk had with Putin on the ritz’s minions. While not criminal conspiracy, it certainly was “collusion.” It was an opportunity to learn about the 10 obstruction of justice instances. It was an opportunity to learn about the 30+ times that the man with the greatest memory, Team Trump Treason, stated he could not recall, or a variation thereof, in response to Team Mueller’s written questions. It was an opportunity to learn that Volume I was heavily redacted due to HOM, harm to ongoing matter, or grand jury testimony, with few redactions due to Protection of Personal Matter, where an individual testified but was not indicted or central to the investigation. It was an opportunity to realize and understand that Volume II, dealing with the law and the thresholds for bringing charges, had very few redactions and was heavily footnoted for context. All of this is evident and fact in the Team Mueller Report regardless of whether Team Mueller testified and anyone, including you, would have known had you read the report. It was also an opportunity to hear Team Mueller declare that Team Trump Treason was not “fully exonerated.” Maybe you missed that testimony?

What I do demand is that there be impeachment hearings where the American public, to the degree allowed but certainly members of the full house, and eventually the senate, can learn what’s behind those redactions and know more of what Team Mueller refused or couldn’t disclose today. If you believe in democracy and the rule of law, you’d agree, regardless of whether the senate convicts or not. But you’d rather put party and spiking the football over what’s right. I get that.

Its also interesting to me that you continue to put your faith in Team Trump Treason, CYA Barr, Nunca Nunes and Durham when Individual #1 could clear his name, put all of this to rest by sitting down with Team Mueller for an extended interview, releasing his tax returns, dropping all subpoena fights and declassifying that information currently in our possession that will answer questions and shed light on what actually transpired. I also find it interesting that your responses today have been to attack the process, the dems, Team Mueller, the politics if you will. But I haven’t read you attacking the underlying evidence and taking it all into account of what it means. Is that because you know, in your heart of hearts, that Team Trump Treason is guilty, of at least one of the ten obstruction charges and its more likely than not that a PTAPE exists and Team Trump Treason is compromised? To quote one of your favorite neocons, “there are known knowns, there are known unknowns and there are unknown unknowns.”

So relish spiking the football for a known racist, homophobe, xenophobe, misogynist and Treasonous Team Trump Treason and I’ll continue to call for his impeachment and that he be held to account because no one is above the law and I’d rather be on the right side of history. An impeachment without a senate conviction would be a lot like, “if the glove don’t fit.....,” eh professor?

“There was no collusion.”
    “I have nothing to hide.”
    “I don’t know any Russians.”
    “I’ll sit down and talk with anyone.”
    “We do everything by the book.”
    “Only the guilty plea the fifth.”
    “Very legal, very cool.”
    “Fully exonerated.”
    “Essentially no obstruction.”

Follow the money from Russia with love and a PTape all the way to impeachment.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The sure sign of, “fully exonerated.”

https://apple.news/A4uLGyp8dSpmMlTvKatnUGA

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    benjs said:
    BS44325 said:
    I agree with some of this but Trump does not emerge stronger.  In fact,  like the initial report,  this will have little long term effect on the polls or his favorability.  The impeachment numbers probably move,  but it doesn't make a person disinclined to vote for him,  suddenly change their minds.  The numbers have been hardened too long. 

If anything,  this is a victory for establishment Democrats who were not supportive of impeachment.  It will be hard for the left wing to make a compelling case related to Russia now.  It probably protects Nancy's left flank in Congress. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Total spin to declare victory today.  I don't think it was a win.  I'll be shocked if an inquiry starts unless we learn something new. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    failure to impeach now gives trump a 2nd term. 
    take that to the bank.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    eddiec said:
    BS44325 said:
    I doubt that. If anything, Mueller stayed very neutral which downplayed the theory he was a partisan hack. Trump supporters will claim vindication, as Democrats will claim that Trump and his associates were heavily involved in questionable, if not illegal behaviour. For the independents, who will be crucial in the next election, Trump has come off as a man of very questionable morality. Overall, I fail to see how this helps Trump in any way.
    Yeah I think It only helps Trump with the people who get their news from memes and viral sound bites but those dopes are already with him. While Mueller seemed older and stumbled his answers a bit, I think any rational person would agree that he came off as genuine and fair.

The bottom line is anyone who read the report (or at least the summaries) and watched this hearing today should come to the conclusion that Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice and would likely be facing jail time if he was not president.

So I think the dems need to continue on. I actually agree with Pelosi in that they need to wait until they have their strongest hand to push for impeachment hearings. They need to force people to testify and they need to obtain the tax returns.

By the way---Adam Schiff's last five minutes were really, really strong. Best five minutes of the whole day.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,689
    eddiec said:
    BS44325 said:
    Yeah I think It only helps Trump with the people who get their news from memes and viral sound bites but those dopes are already with him. While Mueller seemed older and stumbled his answers a bit, I think any rational person would agree that he came off as genuine and fair.

The bottom line is anyone who read the report (or at least the summaries) and watched this hearing today should come to the conclusion that Trump is guilty of obstruction of justice and would likely be facing jail time if he was not president.

So I think the dems need to continue on. I actually agree with Pelosi in that they need to wait until they have their strongest hand to push for impeachment hearings. They need to force people to testify and they need to obtain the tax returns.

By the way---Adam Schiff's last five minutes were really, really strong. Best five minutes of the whole day.
    Nadlers opening 5 book ending Schiffs.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    eddiec said:
    BS44325 said:

Nadlers opening 5 book ending Schiffs.....
    And Nunca Nunes’ thanking Team Mueller for his service and yielding the rest of his time. Guess he didn’t want campaign ads of him defending Putin on the ritz?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    take that to the bank.
    Heavy to think about... but could be.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    take that to the bank.
    100% they should of impeached him , any chance they had of sending a strong message that no one is above the law went out the window for future presidents ..
    the Constitution is dead this administration made sure to kill it ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    take that to the bank.
    Heavy to think about... but could be.

Ha!  I love that movie!  Hysterical meme.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    My thoughts...  no one can accuse the Democrats and Mueller working in cahoots for the last month to taking down Trimp, at least lord I hope not .... not sure how Democrats could have seen that hearing going any way other then it did based on their inside knowledge of Mueller.  I can’t believe they decided to push this to this point ... Pelosi needs to cease control after this or 2020 will be a fractured attack to take back the White House ... 
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    My thoughts...  no one can accuse the Democrats and Mueller working in cahoots for the last month to taking down Trimp, at least lord I hope not .... not sure how Democrats could have seen that hearing going any way other then it did based on their inside knowledge of Mueller.  I can’t believe they decided to push this to this point ... Pelosi needs to cease control after this or 2020 will be a fractured attack to take back the White House ... 
    Seize control or cease control? If the latter, who do you think should be speaker? I think she gave the rabble rousers in the caucus the chance to move public opinion on impeachment and it probably failed.  Now her strategy of oversight and legislation should be the way forward into 2020 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Jason P said:
    How much of the hearing did you watch? Because it was pretty damning...just not very entertaining. 
    chinese-happy.jpg