Options

Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    The no1 suing-nation in the world. 

Coffee to hot? Sue.
    AOC makes to much sense? Sue.
    Peter and Ace not being brought back for the second farewell tour? sue.
    Pearl Jam putting Cant Deny me on the album? Sue.
    Yup. It’s crazy. Lawsuit for everything. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    mcgruff10 said:
    Looks like aoc is getting sued!  Didn’t trump do something like this?
    Did you even read your own article or you're just being rhetorical?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    edited July 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was being rhetorical/sarcastic.  For the record, I read every article before posting it. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was being rhetorical/sarcastic.  For the record, I read every article before posting it. 
    I figured you did and you have never come off like that which is why I asked.

Sarcasm has a bad way of showing through text.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Seems like they would have a case, unless the court chooses to distinguish who your constituents are.  In other words, AOC can't block people in her district, but could anyone that she doesn't represent.  My guess is that she unblocks rather than spending the money to fight the case.  She doesn't have unlimited access to counsel like the WH.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes you are right, my bad on that. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,700
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Yes you are right, my bad on that. 
    /s
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Not a great day for Pelosi when Trump takes your side with a racist tweet.

She needs to put out this dumpster fire fast.
  • Options
    dignin said:

She already replied.  And her criticism was warranted.  It's not her fault that Trump doesn't know that Puerto Rico is part of the US, and she was born in NY.  
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    dignin said:

Telling AOC to go back to her own country is so dumb when she was born in New York. Plus, her rhetoric isn’t that far off from any typical democrat. But as for Omar, I agree with Trump 100% (I puked a bit in my mouth as I typed that). She’s an America-hating racist that doesn’t appreciate in the least that she was rescued and granted asylum by the U.S. She’ll make a great democratic presidential nominee in say 2028. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dignin said:

Telling AOC to go back to her own country is so dumb when she was born in New York. Plus, her rhetoric isn’t that far off from any typical democrat. But as for Omar, I agree with Trump 100% (I puked a bit in my mouth as I typed that). She’s an America-hating racist that doesn’t appreciate in the least that she was rescued and granted asylum by the U.S. She’ll make a great democratic presidential nominee in say 2028. 
    Hmmm.  she was born in Somali.  Check your pocket Constitution on that one.  
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Something obviously needs to change in Washington.  Republicans are the biggest part of the problem (I used to be a Republican) but overall Washington needs reform and it won't happen until people yell loud enough.  AOC claiming that Pelosi is racist is not going to help Democrats though. 
    So you voted for George Bush?
    I did. 
    Have you switched to the Democratic side until Trump is voted out and then you'll switch back?  Or are the republican just not doing what you like to better the US?
    I wouldn’t say I am a Democrat, but I pretty much was done with the Republican Party after Mitch said it was his goal to make Obama a one term president at all costs.  Republicans are not fiscally conservative at all.  The Trump years just showed their true colors.  They have no morals or ethics at all based on their support of Trump.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Something obviously needs to change in Washington.  Republicans are the biggest part of the problem (I used to be a Republican) but overall Washington needs reform and it won't happen until people yell loud enough.  AOC claiming that Pelosi is racist is not going to help Democrats though. 
    So you voted for George Bush?
    I did. 
    Have you switched to the Democratic side until Trump is voted out and then you'll switch back?  Or are the republican just not doing what you like to better the US?
    I wouldn’t say I am a Democrat, but I pretty much was done with the Republican Party after Mitch said it was his goal to make Obama a one term president at all costs.  Republicans are not fiscally conservative at all.  The Trump years just showed their true colors.  They have no morals or ethics at all based on their support of Trump.
    No what he is saying is she can’t run for president because she was born in Somalia. 
    I quoted the wrong post but you get my point.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

I didn't say she wasn't born in Somalia. She was born in Somalia, her family fled to a refugee camp in Kenya where they stayed for four years, and then they were granted asylum in the U.S. So I contend that her rhetoric that paints the United States as the most racist, horrible place on Earth is strange when she and others in the same situation were rescued by this country. 

So what does even mean? Check my pocket Constitution on that one?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

I didn't say she wasn't born in Somalia. She was born in Somalia, her family fled to a refugee camp in Kenya where they stayed for four years, and then they were granted asylum in the U.S. So I contend that her rhetoric that paints the United States as the most racist, horrible place on Earth is strange when she and others in the same situation were rescued by this country. 

She can't be the president because she wasn't born in the US.  Ergo, she won't be a nominee in 2028, or ever.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:

She can't be the president because she wasn't born in the US.  Ergo, she won't be a nominee in 2028, or ever.
    Lol....yep. My bad. I didn’t think that was the part you were replying to so I’m like “pocket constitution?” 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited July 2019
    Ledbetterman10 said:

But as for Omar, I agree with Trump 100% (I puked a bit in my mouth as I typed that). She’s an America-hating racist that doesn’t appreciate in the least that she was rescued and granted asylum by the U.S. 
    Fuck that "go back to your 'real' country because you are not a pure american"-opinion. Disgusting.

You wouldn't by any chance be one of these ladies?

https://youtu.be/Cr_-xnWnEbk
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Ledbetterman10 said:

But as for Omar, I agree with Trump 100% (I puked a bit in my mouth as I typed that). She’s an America-hating racist that doesn’t appreciate in the least that she was rescued and granted asylum by the U.S. 
    Fuck that "go back to your 'real' country because you are not a pure american"-opinion. Disgusting.

Oh of course you'd love Omar because you hate America too. The only difference is you're probably jealous of her because she gets to live here. AND she's friends with AOC! You must be so jealous.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Ledbetterman10 said:

Oh of course you'd love Omar because you hate America too. The only difference is you're probably jealous of her because she gets to live here. AND she's friends with AOC! You must be so jealous.
    Keep digging that hole of yours. Maybe down there you will figure out a final solution for all these "not really" american citizens who has the gall to not be grateful and hail the flag 24/7.

The smell of 1930s Germany is in the air.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:

Except that’s a terrible meme.  I know first Nations people and they would never say that. As a matter fact all they  is be Treated fairly and be compensated for stolen land.  That is exactly why he Harris Reparation claims are African-Americans is BS.  First nations are the only ones entitle to reparations
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10 said:

Keep digging that hole of yours. Maybe down there you will figure out a final solution for all these "not really" american citizens who has the gall to not be grateful and hail the flag 24/7.

Good job getting Trump voters to reconsider. Your persuasion strategies aren't very effective.  You've made half a community dislike Sweden somehow.  How about you quit before you fuck it up worse.  Politics are about convincing people that your view is correct,  not marginalizing. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Ledbetterman10 said:

Good job getting Trump voters to reconsider. Your persuasion strategies aren't very effective.  You've made half a community dislike Sweden somehow.  How about you quit before you fuck it up worse.  Politics are about convincing people that your view is correct,  not marginalizing. 
    So?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    brianlux said:

Except that’s a terrible meme.  I know first Nations people and they would never say that. As a matter fact all they  is be Treated fairly and be compensated for stolen land.  That is exactly why he Harris Reparation claims are African-Americans is BS.  First nations are the only ones entitle to reparations
    You don't get the meme.

EDIT: Overthinking the meme. You are overthinking it.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Ledbetterman10 said:

So?
    Exactly.  You don't care about the actual outcomes here.  You just want to troll and cause dissent.  Some of us care how Ledbetter, Rhyme and our conservative friends vote because we live here. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    brianlux said:

This is true...
    brianlux said:

You don't get the meme.
    ...but I think this is true as well.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Ledbetterman10 said:

So?
    Exactly.  You don't care about the actual outcomes here.  You just want to troll and cause dissent.  Some of us care how Ledbetter, Rhyme and our conservative friends vote because we live here. 
    Okey. Good for you... I guess...
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

This is true...
    brianlux said:

You don't get the meme.
    ...but I think this is true as well.
    C'mon Brian.. you'd have to br a second grader not to get the meme. I actually like it,  but admittedly meltdown is much more attuned to the native community than me. 
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    Ledbetterman10 said:

Ah Germany in the 30’s. Just going to sit back and watch again for a few decades? A few good wars to watch?

you can’t be neutral on a moving train but if Jews are getting gases I guess it’s ok. 
    hippiemom = goodness