Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2019
    Not even her own party can take that she is having opinions and want "real change", 

"S-s-she dares to try to move the needle, have opinions and shake up the status quo - l-l-eets get her and white middle aged men with agree with us on the world wide web"
    Nancy pelosi is now a white middle aged man? What’s with all this continued bullshit about white men? 
    Nancy Pelosi is afraid of the new generation because she is so old she shakes when she tries to stand still. And I have a feeling you long for AOC in secret. Just show your feelings man. It's okey. We're here for ya.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Not even her own party can take that she is having opinions and want "real change", 

"S-s-she dares to try to move the needle, have opinions and shake up the status quo - l-l-eets get her and white middle aged men with agree with us on the world wide web"
    Nancy pelosi is now a white middle aged man? What’s with all this continued bullshit about white men? 
    Nancy Pelosi is afraid of the new generation because she is so old she shakes when she tries to stand still. And I have a feeling you long for AOC in secret. Just show your feelings man. It's okey. We're here for ya.
    SC keeping it classy
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

Self loathing.  Evidently anyone who voted for the border bill are today's 1940's segregationists, including the 50 black members who voted for the bill.  Odd.  
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072

No thanks. If what you say is true about me, then that must mean you long to embrace Mr Trump. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited July 2019
    PJPOWER said:

SC keeping it classy
    She comes off as really old though. You can't tell?  Nothing to do with keeping it classy. 

(please refrain from any classy pocahontas-jokes in your response)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited July 2019

No thanks. If what you say is true about me, then that must mean you long to embrace Mr Trump. 
    Maybe my ideals falls in line with his. Would that be a problem? :P
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    She's again looking like the Trump of the left. No understanding of the implications of her actions. No experience. No long-game. Goes with her gut. Says stupid stuff. Creates chaos. Creates squabbles and division within the party. Has a lot of enemies and a loyal base of support. It has worked for the orange guy so far. 
    Yes but the left should be better than that.  I fear they're not though. 
    Exactly!  They should and could and it's frustrating that they are not.

No way is AOC as fundamentally off base as Trump, but her actions are beginning to undermine her support.  Mine is slipping anyway.  But still, I'd place her above Trump any day.

I think both parties need some major overhauling.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:
    She's again looking like the Trump of the left. No understanding of the implications of her actions. No experience. No long-game. Goes with her gut. Says stupid stuff. Creates chaos. Creates squabbles and division within the party. Has a lot of enemies and a loyal base of support. It has worked for the orange guy so far. 

No way is AOC as fundamentally off base as Trump, but her actions are beginning to undermine her support.  Mine is slipping anyway.  But still, I'd place her above Trump any day.

Yes, I've said before I think her heart is in the right place, but the execution is not good.  She derails her objectives.  Pelosi said she hasn't figured out the difference between advocacy and legislation.  I think that's true.  I have high hopes for her.  I'm not writing her off yet. 
    edited July 2019
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:

What you need is a major overhaul to get 3-5 more parties in there. 

No healthy democracy would base it all on the option of "this" or "that".

Atleast AOC is something. Appreciate that.
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:

You don't understand the Constitution if you make that statement.  
    edited July 2019
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:

I don't care. And I made my statement.

If this "constitution" is holding your back, then maybe you should separate yourself from things that are outdated.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    shes taking her cues from her activist chief of staff.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:

If this "constitution" is holding your back, then maybe you should separate yourself from things that are outdated.
    Good idea.  I'll go take care of that.  Let me know if you have any other genius level suggestions.  
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:

It will probably be a long, time time if ever before there are more than two major parties in the U.S.  The right has never been successful in creating one (you don't hear much about the Tea Party these days) and the left has never done well that way either (the U.S. Green Party never really got off the ground). 

There is more than "this and that" in both parties but the loud mouths are the ones who make it look like "this and that".

Change is slow in our institutions and we don't have decades to sort out the most urgent environmental and social problems, so I think it makes sense to try to work with what we've got. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:

Good idea.  I'll go take care of that.  Let me know if you have any other genius level suggestions.  
    I suggest you point to any quality of life metric where the US beats Sweden. With you calling Sweden  a "second rate" country and all.

Maybe my ideals falls in line with his. Would that be a problem? :P
    Whatever you want to fall in him is fine with me buddy. You be you and love who you want to love.
    hippiemom = goodness
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:

Just cause she isn’t as morally corrupt as trump doesn’t mean she isn’t using his playbook and resembles his path to power. She loves the uneducated.
    hippiemom = goodness
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:

I suggest you point to any quality of life metric where the US beats Sweden. With you calling Sweden  a "second rate" country and all.
    Sweden is a nice little starter home.
    hippiemom = goodness
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mrussel1 said:
    jeffbr said:

It will probably be a long, time time if ever before there are more than two major parties in the U.S.  The right has never been successful in creating one (you don't hear much about the Tea Party these days) and the left has never done well that way either (the U.S. Green Party never really got off the ground). 

There is more than "this and that" in both parties but the loud mouths are the ones who make it look like "this and that".

Change is slow in our institutions and we don't have decades to sort out the most urgent environmental and social problems, so I think it makes sense to try to work with what we've got. 
    I don't think we want every election decided in the House.  That's the natural result of multiple meaningful parties.  Remember that the Tea Party was not an actual separate party.  Libertarians and Greens are, but they can't even make a dent.  The last real third party we had was Bull Moose and even TR (as an ex president) couldn't stop Wilson from having plenty of electoral votes.  
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited July 2019
    Somebody who gives a shit and fights for the 90% of the USA.  Keep it up AOC

brianlux said:

The coldest winter I ever spent was my summer in SF.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    brianlux said:

That’s a great pic!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    we have b-b-better m-m-meatballs
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    brianlux said:

To add to your pic!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    What is it about Pelosi that she would be scared of brown people?

No better time to be an actual racist then right now.  Joe Bob Grand Wizard and Nancy are practically the same person!
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    So, some folks don’t seem to understand “white privilege” or “institutional racism.” That’s okay. They might not also understand the demographics of the districts represented by the Insurgent Four. That’s okay too, neither do I. But, I’m going to look into it because I’m thinking they’re representing their constituents. I know, oh the horror! The “Others” being elected and representing.

AOC being compared to TeamTrump Treason? Please. You can argue the method of communication but can you argue the substance of the argument or grievance? Take Twitter out of it. Can you?

Biden/Harris

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Something obviously needs to change in Washington.  Republicans are the biggest part of the problem (I used to be a Republican) but overall Washington needs reform and it won't happen until people yell loud enough.  AOC claiming that Pelosi is racist is not going to help Democrats though. 
    So you voted for George Bush?
    I did. 
    Have you switched to the Democratic side until Trump is voted out and then you'll switch back?  Or are the republican just not doing what you like to better the US?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited July 2019
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:

To add to your pic!
    Oh man, your making it a tough choice.  Either,

a)  Swedish style:  that pickled herring dish in cream sauce that can cause instant, massive hurling to the uninitiated, or...
    b)  American style:  ground and blended animal parts high in saturated fats that will later bloom into massive hemorrhoids and clogged arteries.

In other words, if I had to choose, would I take food that will punish my body up front and fast or slow and delayed?  Oh man, just give me a damn beer and let me watch the game.  I'll eat when I get home!  :lol:
    Post edited by brianlux on

brianlux said:

Thank you for helping prove my point that mrussel has nothing to stand on with his BS.