Options

Don Lemon: 'White men' are biggest terror threat to US, and there is no travel ban on them

Comments

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    Substitute white with anything else and see how that works out for him.  Lemme guess, not racist, right?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don-lemon-biggest-terror-threat-in-this-country-is-white-men_us_5bd9aeeae4b0da7bfc15c504

You don't seem to understand what racism is. Maybe you should have listened a bit more at your church's sunday school?
    Right, I don't understand racism because I am white, right?
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,109
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Substitute white with anything else and see how that works out for him.  Lemme guess, not racist, right?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don-lemon-biggest-terror-threat-in-this-country-is-white-men_us_5bd9aeeae4b0da7bfc15c504

You don't seem to understand what racism is. Maybe you should have listened a bit more at your church's sunday school?
    Ooooooooooowwwwww is that racist? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    I’d say most of us understand what racism is but most of us don’t know what it feels to be on the receiving end of racism ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Ooooooooooowwwwww is that racist? 
    Exactly.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    You have to say stuff like this when no one watches your network to attract attention.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    Don Lemon is great.

see ya :wave:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

And some on here give me shit for turning everything into “race.” Well, guess what? Race fucking matters. Every. Single. Day.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Why did you turn "should have listened more" to "because I am white"??

SC didn't say it was due to your race. You did. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

And some on here give me shit for turning everything into “race.” Well, guess what? Race fucking matters. Every. Single. Day.

Indeed it does !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Is the biggest terror threat in the US not white men?
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Why did you turn "should have listened more" to "because I am white"??

SC didn't say it was due to your race. You did. 
    Uh huh, all with taking a shot at church sunday school.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Double post.
    Post edited by unsung on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Ahhhhhh, the demonization of the white male.... not the best poltical strategy in my opinion

I have a white penis... BOO! lol

Blacks committ more murders per year than whites, even though they only represent 13% of the population... but nobody on the left ever wants to talk about that, doesnt fit their political agenda i guess... wonder why Don doesnt want to talk about that? I guess we are only allowed to talk about bad things white people do, specifically white males

Carry on, good luck Unsung lol
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited November 2018
    Again.  I shall bold it this time.

Is the biggest TERROR threat in the US not white men?

And right wing.......
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Smellyman said:

And right wing.......
    I know they are responsible for the majority of events... but i need to look at the information a little closer at the stats... whites represent a majority of the country, so they should theoretically lead in just about everything... 

The question i have is are they overrepresented, underrepresented, or about average when it comes to attacks per capita, or % wise... 
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

And right wing.......
    Hmmm... Would you consider Gang violence to be terror?  I bet the neighborhoods they are shooting up do.  But I'll have to look at the definition of "terror" and then find out how many gang incidents are due to which race.  Cause, I'd consider gangs to be the #1 terror threat inside america.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Admitting it is the first step.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    edited November 2018
    my2hands said:
    Ahhhhhh, the demonization of the white male.... not the best poltical strategy in my opinion

I have a white penis... BOO! lol

Blacks committ more murders per year than whites, even though they only represent 13% of the population... but nobody on the left ever wants to talk about that, doesnt fit their political agenda i guess... wonder why Don doesnt want to talk about that? I guess we are only allowed to talk about bad things white people do, specifically white males

Carry on, good luck Unsung lol

Because, within a few days, a white man killed two black people BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK

Because a white man tried to kill twelve prominent democrats BECAUSE THEY WERE DEMOCRATS

Because a white man killed eleven Jews BECAUSE THEY WERE JEWS.

• Options
    But Jews are white, lol.
  • Options
    Holy crap, how is it not completely obvious that targeted murder based on a victims demographics or beliefs is completely different from crime even to people on a liberal bands forum isn't obvious? Next Tues America may be totally screwed.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

And right wing.......
    500 people are killed in Chicago a year.  It isn’t the white man terrorizing those streets.

I’d say the biggest terror threat to the US is the people that pull the strings of Congress, people that have us fight unneeded war.  People responsible for the destruction of the dollar.  That is more of a threat to your freedom than some fringe wacko.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    But Jews are white, lol.

That's funny given what just happened in Pittsburgh?

One can understand why Hilary went for the deplorable word.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

And right wing.......
    Hmmm... Would you consider Gang violence to be terror?  I bet the neighborhoods they are shooting up do.  But I'll have to look at the definition of "terror" and then find out how many gang incidents are due to which race.  Cause, I'd consider gangs to be the #1 terror threat inside america.
    No, I wouldn’t consider gang violence to be terrorism, nor would police. They are quite different beasts with different goals. Just because someone  feels fear when they witness or are the victum of a crime doesn’t make it terrorism; if so, any violent crime would be considered terrorism. 

This article looks at a study comparing domestic terrorists and gangs and does not find many commonalities. 

https://www.colorado.edu/today/2017/05/18/domestic-terrorists-gang-members-have-little-common-study-shows
  • Options
    Also, the article I posted above says that 80% of domestic terrorists are white. That’s above the percentage of white people in the US (by how much, depends on who you include as white; some definitions include Hispanic people as white, others do not). 
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Smellyman said:

And right wing.......
    No, I wouldn’t consider gang violence to be terrorism, nor would police. They are quite different beasts with different goals. Just because someone  feels fear when they witness or are the victum of a crime doesn’t make it terrorism; if so, any violent crime would be considered terrorism. 

This article looks at a study comparing domestic terrorists and gangs and does not find many commonalities. 

https://www.colorado.edu/today/2017/05/18/domestic-terrorists-gang-members-have-little-common-study-shows
    Yeah but he said biggest terror threat not terrorism.  Words matter.

For me I think it's clear that on an everyday basis gangs cause more deaths and terror.  But white males make up the VAST majority of domestic terrorists. 

Post edited by cincybearcat on
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Smellyman said:

And right wing.......

So does context, and you know exactly what he was referring to.
  • Options
    Don Lemon is a racist.

Disclaimer: That is not saying others are not racist. I am just trying to state the simplest fact related to THIS thread.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Smellyman said:

And right wing.......

So does context, and you know exactly what he was referring to.
    Ok, perhaps.

Back to Lemon, answer me this... and I happen to like Don Lemon...but why is he bringing up a travel ban to combat domestic terrorism?  Cause this makes no sense to me expect to try and compare things that don't fit to be compared.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    my2hands said:
    Smellyman said:

And right wing.......
    I know they are responsible for the majority of events... but i need to look at the information a little closer at the stats... whites represent a majority of the country, so they should theoretically lead in just about everything... 

The question i have is are they overrepresented, underrepresented, or about average when it comes to attacks per capita, or % wise... 
    Exactly, pretty simple mathematics...It’s like saying that city dwellers are more violent because metropolitan areas experience more violence.  Correlation does not always = causation, anyone that took a stats course should have had that drilled into their brains.