Options

Yes America is great, because we can try to drop bombs on Obama, Clinton, CNN and Soros

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

Nicely said (around 2:45 pm)

President Trump, speaking at an opioids event at the White House, first addressed the series of suspicious packages that have been discovered today. 

He called for unity as officials investigate the possible explosive devices.

"I just want to tell you that in these times we have to unify, we have to come together and send one very clear, strong, unmistakable message that acts or threats of political violence of any kind have no place in the United States of America," he said.

Trump said "the full weight of our government" is investigating the packages and will "bring those responsible for these despicable acts to justice."

He added: "The safety of the American people is my highest and absolute priority," he said.

"Nicely said"

haha.......yeah that scripted 45 seconds worth of remarks lasted.....about 45 seconds. He acted presidential for under a minute! Congratulations! And then he went to a rally and then he started tweeting again. 

Donald Trump is a 6 year old. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    unsung said:

Don't you have something better and more important to do with your preciously invested time that you're always holier-than-thou-ing about?
    According to @u@unsung :
    Refugees applying for asylum = BAD!
    Terrorists attempting to bomb prominent democrats/media = MEH! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558
    mcgruff10 said:

Nicely said (around 2:45 pm)

President Trump, speaking at an opioids event at the White House, first addressed the series of suspicious packages that have been discovered today. 

He called for unity as officials investigate the possible explosive devices.

"I just want to tell you that in these times we have to unify, we have to come together and send one very clear, strong, unmistakable message that acts or threats of political violence of any kind have no place in the United States of America," he said.

Trump said "the full weight of our government" is investigating the packages and will "bring those responsible for these despicable acts to justice."

He added: "The safety of the American people is my highest and absolute priority," he said.

"Nicely said"

haha.......yeah that scripted 45 seconds worth of remarks lasted.....about 45 seconds. He acted presidential for under a minute! Congratulations! And then he went to a rally and then he started tweeting again. 

Donald Trump is a 6 year old. 
    I know some 6 yr olds way better behaved then him
  • Options
    Strange thread title. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    The Post Office is just trying to do us all a favor and...
    https://youtu.be/sC2GjXMk7i4
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,139
    Strange thread title. 

Was inspired by the topics at the top of AMT when this story was ramping up. Well, bombs dropping down is always there ';-)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    De Niro got one
    Biden got one

Who's next?
    Pelosi?
    Kathy Griffin?

Yeah I'm surprised Pelosi and Schumer haven't received anything yet.  

Or any of the few anti-Trump conservatives.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    I can't believe the dumbasses in my FB feed saying that these were fake bombs planted by Dems
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    I can't believe the dumbasses in my FB feed saying that these were fake bombs planted by Dems
    I'm seeing this all over twitter as well. some blaming dems, some blaming the fake news media. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    baffoon is to blame for everything that has happened in the last two yrs everything ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    De Niro got one
    Biden got one

Who's next?
    Pelosi?
    Kathy Griffin?

Yeah I'm surprised Pelosi and Schumer haven't received anything yet.  

WASHINGTON—Following reports that incendiary devices had been sent to Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and George Soros, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer expressed relief Wednesday that he has never taken a stance meaningful enough to inspire someone to mail him an explosive. “Phew, this is where constantly equivocating and avoiding any issue that’s even remotely controversial really pays off,” said Schumer (D-NY), adding that he was thankful his persistent lack of political courage had all but guaranteed no one would ever be angry enough with him to “do something crazy or violent.” “I really dodged a bullet there! Hopefully if I just keep my head down and stay focused on tacitly supporting the status quo, I’ll keep out of the line of fire.” At press time, Schumer had issued a tepid statement urging Americans to consider all sides in the matter.

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:

Don't you have something better and more important to do with your preciously invested time that you're always holier-than-thou-ing about?
    According to @u@unsung :
    Speaking of MEH I looked for the outrage here when this happened, but it couldn't be found.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/vanessa-trump-taken-hospital-precaution-after-suspicious-letter-n847231
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I can't believe the dumbasses on my AMT feed that this caravan is asylum seekers.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    edited October 2018
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

According to @u@unsung :
    Speaking of MEH I looked for the outrage here when this happened, but it couldn't be found.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/vanessa-trump-taken-hospital-precaution-after-suspicious-letter-n847231
    I never ever heard about it. I don't recall anyone even mentioning it. That's not a MEH or a lack of outrage. That's just people not being aware of something. I doubt anyone here feels it's not a big deal for the POTUS's daughter (the only Trump kid over the age of 13 who any of us can stand, too) to be sent a white powder. I've never seen anyone have such a reaction to potential terrorism against someone ... except you.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

According to @u@unsung :

I don't know what this image means. I don't know what "getting this bread" means either.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    dankind said:
    Perhaps we should wait until the FBI finds out?  I mean, this is the most likely situation, but part of the reason we are in the shape we are is jumping to conclusions based on what we want to be true to be true....isn't it?  This tweet will likely look correct when all is said and done, but there is still a small, small chance that it won't.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    dankind said:
    Perhaps we should wait until the FBI finds out?  I mean, this is the most likely situation, but part of the reason we are in the shape we are is jumping to conclusions based on what we want to be true to be true....isn't it?  This tweet will likely look correct when all is said and done, but there is still a small, small chance that it won't.
    It's pretty apparent.  DeNiro even got tabbed because he has been so critical of tRump.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    I am actually starting to think this could be a lefty doing this...the bombs seemed designed to fail.  The misspelled names seem a bit over-the-top.  I've made it a point not to go too hard at "them" yet.  There's something "off" about this.

It could also be a righty that doesn't want to kill anyone but to just send a message.

Who knows...the whole thing is strange and depressing.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    dankind said:
    What's the alternative?? I take it you mean "they" is supposed to mean some crazed Trump supporter. I didn't take it that way. I took "they" to mean whoever it was who sent the bombs. And whether it's some crazy fucking rightist or some crazy fucking leftist is completely irrelevant IMO. Either way, Trump has indeed created the circumstances that lead to this terrorist attack. It WAS definitely Trump's influence and disgusting behaviour and propaganda and constant lies and rhetoric that caused this, no matter what nut job did it.
    And FTR, the Trump supporters who are actually suggesting that this is some kind of Democratic conspiracy are SICK motherfuckers. And man, am I ever getting sick of people attacking those who are rabidly against Trump and won't stop pointing out EVERY single one of his horrible actions and flaws. I think anyone who is fully aware of everything he's doing, on every level, and is criticizing the critics instead of Trump needs to give their head a shake. They really lost the plot.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    OnWis97 said:
    I am actually starting to think this could be a lefty doing this...the bombs seemed designed to fail.  The misspelled names seem a bit over-the-top.  I've made it a point not to go too hard at "them" yet.  There's something "off" about this.

It could also be a righty that doesn't want to kill anyone but to just send a message.

I don't consider deranged people with a tendency toward terrorism (as opposed to sabotage) to be either left our right.  Just out of touch, off the wall, and highly disturbed.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,123
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    What's the alternative?? I take it you mean "they" is supposed to mean some crazed Trump supporter. I didn't take it that way. I took "they" to mean whoever it was who sent the bombs. And whether it's some crazy fucking rightist or some crazy fucking leftist is completely irrelevant IMO. Either way, Trump has indeed created the circumstances that lead to this terrorist attack. It WAS definitely Trump's influence that caused this, no matter what nut job did it.
    And FTR, the Trump supporters who are actually suggesting that this is some kind of Democratic conspiracy are SICK motherfuckers.
    Yeah, as I said, the most likely answer is usually the correct one.  I juts kinda wish we could use this time to denounce the act and come together and wait for the FBI to tell us motive once they discover it.  Just my opinion - I think anyone that says they know who/why right now and is unwilling to consider an alternative is kinda jumping to conclusions.  Perhaps I'm gun shy in this environment.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    What's the alternative?? I take it you mean "they" is supposed to mean some crazed Trump supporter. I didn't take it that way. I took "they" to mean whoever it was who sent the bombs. And whether it's some crazy fucking rightist or some crazy fucking leftist is completely irrelevant IMO. Either way, Trump has indeed created the circumstances that lead to this terrorist attack. It WAS definitely Trump's influence that caused this, no matter what nut job did it.
    And FTR, the Trump supporters who are actually suggesting that this is some kind of Democratic conspiracy are SICK motherfuckers.
    Yeah, as I said, the most likely answer is usually the correct one.  I juts kinda wish we could use this time to denounce the act and come together and wait for the FBI to tell us motive once they discover it.  Just my opinion - I think anyone that says they know who/why right now and is unwilling to consider an alternative is kinda jumping to conclusions.  Perhaps I'm gun shy in this environment.  
    I think that's exactly what people would be doing if only the right hadn't started suggesting it was a Democratic conspiracy.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:

I don't consider deranged people with a tendency toward terrorism (as opposed to sabotage) to be either left our right.  Just out of touch, off the wall, and highly disturbed.
    Derangement, in and of itself, is not political.  But if someone's trying kill (or even threaten) all of these people because they're "evil libs" (or if someone is trying to "frame" the right), then their motivations for this particular manifestation of their derangement is political.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:

Derangement, in and of itself, is not political.  But if someone's trying kill (or even threaten) all of these people because they're "evil libs" (or if someone is trying to "frame" the right), then their motivations for this particular manifestation of their derangement is political.
    Yes, technically I suppose this is true.  I guess it's just that I don't consider people on the extremes as being left or right.  Just extreme and that, to me, is all the same bullshit.  (But I am OK with extreme when it comes to the arts.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:
    OnWis97 said:

Yes, technically I suppose this is true.  I guess it's just that I don't consider people on the extremes as being left or right.  Just extreme and that, to me, is all the same bullshit.  (But I am OK with extreme when it comes to the arts.)
    I would say it's blatantly true, not technically. There is also the possibility that the person isn't deranged at all. Non-deranged people do evil things too.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

According to @u@unsung :

I know, right? This happened 8 months ago and you’re only brining it up now. Where the hell were you in February?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

According to @u@unsung :

I know, right? This happened 8 months ago and you’re only brining it up now. Where the hell were you in February?
    Lol, exactly. Apparently unsung wants outrage from us about thing he felt no outrage over himself.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

According to @u@unsung :

Lol, exactly. Apparently unsung wants outrage from us about thing he felt no outrage over himself.
    He just found out about that incident today because far right sites like Breitbart and Gateway Pundit etc, where he gets his news, are playing the whataboutism game. 
    chinese-happy.jpg