Options

Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yes
    I could've walked all night with her. Hmmmm there is a song idea.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    No
    Hobbes said:
    Relationship status t-shirts. Genius! No more misinterpretation. They'd read:

I Got V

or

I Got D

or, for those that go both ways:

I Got VD

Oh, wait. Scratch that last one. :wink:
    Do you got joy joy joy joy down in your pants? That's rhetorical.
  • Options
    No
    I could've walked all night with her. Hmmmm there is a song idea.
    You could even serenade a girl. Awesome!
  • Options
    Yes
    haha, if I had a great voice I could. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Do you know how rare it is to find a guy who will walk and talk with you? I mean really talk. I only ever found one. Someday, you will be the ultimate  guy for some lucky woman. The guy who sets the highest bar. Keep working your magic.
    Its also rare to find smart girl here..fb, twitter and instagram has burn lot of people..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Yes
    I am attracted to the nerdy type.
    Like the girl I walked to the station with.
    Kim Kardashian/Jenner types do not appeal to me at all and I see a lot of those around now.
  • Options
    Yes
    Kim Kardashian/Jenner types do not appeal to me at all and I see a lot of those around now.
    Intelligence is attractive 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    No
    23scidoo said:
    Do you know how rare it is to find a guy who will walk and talk with you? I mean really talk. I only ever found one. Someday, you will be the ultimate  guy for some lucky woman. The guy who sets the highest bar. Keep working your magic.
    Its also rare to find smart girl here..fb, twitter and instagram has burn lot of people..
    :hug: Alex!!!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    23scidoo said:
    :hug: Alex!!!
    My sweet friend!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Yes
    Yep, and stupid girls are unattractive. 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Yep, and stupid girls are unattractive. 
    Anyone stupid is unattractive, no matter the gender :wink: 
  • Options
    Yes
    Yep. I've come across a lot of stupid guys.
    They only focus on building muscles, on cars, on being sexist pigs.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    I never want to say that I’m on Team @OffSheGoes35 ...

... but ...

... guess who had a boyfriend when I met her 20 years ago?

My wife. 

You can pretty much always count on most guys, especially guys in their 20s, to fuck it up when they’ve got a good woman. 

I just hung out with her in the classes we shared together; brought her little chocolates I bought for her during our breaks; paid attention to everything she said, wrote, etc.; tried not to gawk too much at her physical attributes (I didn’t always succeed and was busted on it a couple of times); asked her out for a drink when one of our semesters had ended; and now this. 

I understand and admire the respectful path—I respected the fact that she had a boyfriend as well—but if you think there’s really something there (as I did with my wife) and you bide you’re time and play your cards right, you never know what might happen. 

Even if she has lucked out and found herself a good man who loves and respects her and treats her well, you might pick up two friends. One would assume that if her partner is the right partner for her, then he’s probably as good a friend to have as she might be. 

One hint that my wife was also interested in me and that her current romantic situation wasn’t ideal was that she never once wanted to introduce me to her boyfriend at the time. That meant he was either the jealous type, the wandering type or just an embarrassing dick or all three (all three often go hand in hand in hand). 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    No
    Or she had a secret crush on you and didn't want that to be made apparent when you were introduced to her boyfriend. That decision might have had more to do with her than him. 

You went with your gut and it paid off, and you did it the right way. Well done, sir. 

I will just ignore the team OSG comment. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    Or she had a secret crush on you and didn't want that to be made apparent when you were introduced to her boyfriend. That decision might have had more to do with her than him. 

You went with your gut and it paid off, and you did it the right way. Well done, sir. 

Oh yeah. I just automatically assume that everyone has a secret crush on me. I mean, I'm the complete package. Fat, ugly, lazy AND stupid. Beat that, Brad Pitt!

I have to fight 'em off with a ladle, I tell ya.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    No
    dankind said:

Oh yeah. I just automatically assume that everyone has a secret crush on me. I mean, I'm the complete package. Fat, ugly, lazy AND stupid. Beat that, Brad Pitt!

Stop advertising!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    dankind said:

I'll always remember that one night we had in Boston. :wink:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Yes
    This thread is still alive!! I thought it had gone dormant. Love this thread,  we've been through so much together!!

Thought I'd just crash this discussion to make my presence known. 😝

BTW,  I'm always Team @OffSheGoes35 . She good people. 
  • Options
    No
    Hey @njnancy ! *waves*

We have all been through so much together! And I'm hoping for a reunion soon. If it doesn't happen, I'm going to take all my anger out on  @dankind , because let's face it--he's been asking for it. 

And thank you for being Team OSG. You're better people. 
  • Options
    Yes

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    No
    Bad time?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    dankind said:
    I never want to say that I’m on Team @OffSheGoes35 ...

... but ...

... guess who had a boyfriend when I met her 20 years ago?

My wife. 

You can pretty much always count on most guys, especially guys in their 20s, to fuck it up when they’ve got a good woman. 

I just hung out with her in the classes we shared together; brought her little chocolates I bought for her during our breaks; paid attention to everything she said, wrote, etc.; tried not to gawk too much at her physical attributes (I didn’t always succeed and was busted on it a couple of times); asked her out for a drink when one of our semesters had ended; and now this. 

I understand and admire the respectful path—I respected the fact that she had a boyfriend as well—but if you think there’s really something there (as I did with my wife) and you bide you’re time and play your cards right, you never know what might happen. 

Even if she has lucked out and found herself a good man who loves and respects her and treats her well, you might pick up two friends. One would assume that if her partner is the right partner for her, then he’s probably as good a friend to have as she might be. 

One hint that my wife was also interested in me and that her current romantic situation wasn’t ideal was that she never once wanted to introduce me to her boyfriend at the time. That meant he was either the jealous type, the wandering type or just an embarrassing dick or all three (all three often go hand in hand in hand). 
    That's filled me with hope as I am there are two girls at uni I really like who have boyfriends.
    One has the same tastes in music as me, likes all the old 60s music like me.
    The other is the one I met last week.
    She was just talking to me on Facebook as she was having trouble with an assignment and I helped her out, she said she owes me a chocolate or coffee. I said no need but to pay it forwards. She has 'my everything' captioned on a photo with her and her boyfriend. So I guess she's pretty much madly in love.
    I like them but at the same time I wouldn't want them to break up and go through the pain of that for my needs and desires. That's selfish.
    If they happen to end up single then I guess we'll see. 
    I can only just continue being who I am, maybe one day I'll find love. I hope. Hope is all I have.

• Options
    Yes
    dankind said:

That part of the movie cracks me up everytime, the look on his face is priceless. 
  • Options
    I had a boyfriend when my husband started talking to me. The boyfriend was a very dissatisfying relationship. M very quietly and very slowly started moving a lil closer in class. First, he sat behind me. His first question? "How much for that book?" I still remember. "$55."  The next class, he sat down the table from me. Each class, he moved one seat closer. Finally he got the courage. He asked me out. My response? "I don't mean to shoot you down or anything, but technically I am still dating someone."  I went home, spoke to the dopey dude I was dating  Nothing was any better. I broke up with him. The next week I asked M out.  25+ years later... :smile:

Hang in there. Give things time.
  • Options
    Yes
    If there's a girl in a relationship and she has a crush on you, would you be reluctant to date her if she broke up?
    What's to say she won't have a crush on another guy if we end up going out together?
    I don't know, I'm pretty loyal to those who I love and if a girl kind of cheats with me then what does it say about her?
    Or should I maybe think of the fact there could be a lot of unhappiness in her current relationship like with a dick of a boyfriend?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    If there's a girl in a relationship and she has a crush on you, would you be reluctant to date her if she broke up?

No

What's to say she won't have a crush on another guy if we end up going out together?

Not a damn thing. 

I don't know, I'm pretty loyal to those who I love and if a girl kind of cheats with me then what does it say about her?

Sorry to answer a question with a question, but what’s “kind of cheats”? If you’re referring to a woman developing an attraction to another person while she’s in an unfulfilling relationship with someone and then acting on that attraction, that says she’s a fucking boss who knows what she wants and goes after it. 

Or should I maybe think of the fact there could be a lot of unhappiness in her current relationship like with a dick of a boyfriend?

“Thinking is for the gloopy ones.”
    Answers bolded. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes
    I meant if she flirts with you whilst in a relationship.
    What does gloopy mean?
    If a woman is unhappy I'd rather she breaks it off than cheats. 
  • Options
    Do you consider a crush a cheat? I have had crushes, but that doesn't mean I was unfaithful. Being attracted to someone doesn't mean it was a physical attraction at all. You can crush on someone who can be as ugly as a mud fence but makes beautiful works that make you stop dead in your tracks. 
  • Options
    Yes
    I guess I'm being to black and white.
    We're human after all and sexual beings with biological urges.
    I'm thinking a physical, sexual crush.
    If I had a girl I loved I wouldn't want to look at other women or care for them.
    I've never been a relationship so what do I know.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited October 2019
    I guess I'm being to black and white.
    We're human after all and sexual beings with biological urges.
    I'm thinking a physical, sexual crush.
    If I had a girl I loved I wouldn't want to look at other women or care for them.
    I've never been a relationship so what do I know.
    Hell, someone in a relationship isn't automatically rendered blind.  I don't care if my husband appreciates the beauty or humor or mind of other women - shit, I do that myself.  It's not tantamount to cheating at all.  I actually love that he appreciates these qualities, and it goes both ways.

(and, wanting to bang someone doesn't mean you have to act on it)
    Post edited by hedonist on