Should I ask Agnes out on a date?

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    dudeman said:
    This thread still?

I thought I read elsewhere on the internet that Agnes was married and expecting twins. 
    Don't make S_C post another Arnold meme, please.

That's an underrated movie.

(can't remember it that well actually. It was never as entertaining as Kindergarden Cop)
    No, it's not as good as Kindergarten Cop... But still, Junior is funny! I mean, it's Arnold acting as a hormonal pregnant man with Danny Devito as his caretaker :lol:
    Danny Devito is likely to die within the next 15 years or so and there's nothing in the entertainment world that makes me sadder than that thought.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Agnes birthday today. Made her a GIF.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,490
    No
    Does Grattis mean Bite Me or Beer Me? 
  • Options
    No
    You're supposed to be on your 5th kid by now, so it'd better not be something nice! :naughty:

• Options
    Does Grattis mean Bite Me or Beer Me? 
    Congratulations  

:)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    No
    Still hoping for that KISS (80's catalog) date? Just hang in there, man. 
  • Options
    Still hoping for that KISS (80's catalog) date? Just hang in there, man. 
    Don't remember this. Did I say something during my KISS craze? It's all a daze. A romantic haze.

https://youtu.be/lEwnfhuPJGs
  • Options
    No
    I hope this ban is temporary, S_C. I hate this!
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    I hope this ban is temporary, S_C. I hate this!
    Me too :angry:
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Yes
    I have not been in this thread in a long time.
    Anyways, I'm getting so sick and tired of every girl I get really interested in ending up in a relationship.
    I met a girl in my university cohort tonight after a careers seminar for undergraduates. We ended up walking from university to the train station and I asked if I could add her on Facebook. She said yes and we got connected and have been chatting online. I looked at her profile and she's in a relationship. I hate that feeling.
    Was so happy when I got home with the seminar being so helpful for me and finding out my best friend and his long term partner got engaged. And I thought this very friendly, good looking, talkative, girl with a cheeky sense of humour was someone I might have a chance with. Now I feel so disappointed and embarrassed. I even told my best friend I met a girl and would tell him more tomorrow as he had to go to bed.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Yes
    Sea. Fish. Plenty.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,636
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Yes
    dankind said:
    Sea. Fish. Plenty.
    Happens all the time and has been for 15 years now. Feeling flat right now.
    She probably knows I'm interested because I asked if I could add her on Facebook. Embarrassing.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    No
    Anyways, I'm getting so sick and tired of every girl I get really interested in ending up in a relationship.
    I met a girl in my university cohort tonight after a careers seminar for undergraduates. We ended up walking from university to the train station and I asked if I could add her on Facebook. She said yes and we got connected and have been chatting online. I looked at her profile and she's in a relationship. I hate that feeling.
    Was so happy when I got home with the seminar being so helpful for me and finding out my best friend and his long term partner got engaged. And I thought this very friendly, good looking, talkative, girl with a cheeky sense of humour was someone I might have a chance with. Now I feel so disappointed and embarrassed. I even told my best friend I met a girl and would tell him more tomorrow as he had to go to bed.
    I think the friend zone is exactly where you want to be. Think about it, when you're in the friend zone--the pressure is off, you can reveal certain things about yourself in your own time and not feel guilty or anxious about it, you get to have fun and be yourself. These conditions are perfect for her to get to know you, your intelligence and creativity, without all the anxiety-inducing expectations that come with dating, right? Don't give up so easily. This could be the opportunity you've been hoping for!
  • Options
    Yes
    ^^^What she said.
    dankind said:
    Sea. Fish. Plenty.
    She probably knows I'm interested because I asked if I could add her on Facebook. Embarrassing.
    Also, maybe she needs a backdoor man....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes
    I think the friend zone is exactly where you want to be. Think about it, when you're in the friend zone--the pressure is off, you can reveal certain things about yourself in your own time and not feel guilty or anxious about it, you get to have fun and be yourself. These conditions are perfect for her to get to know you, your intelligence and creativity, without all the anxiety-inducing expectations that come with dating, right? Don't give up so easily. This could be the opportunity you've been hoping for!
    That'd require her to break up with her boyfriend and I wouldn't wish that.
    You made a good point.
    I always think of friend zones as bad.
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:
    ^^^What she said.
    dankind said:
    Sea. Fish. Plenty.
    Haha. I wouldn't be interested in a woman that cheats on her man.
  • Options
    Yes
    dankind said:
    ^^^What she said.
    dankind said:
    Sea. Fish. Plenty.
    Haha. I wouldn't be interested in a woman that cheats on her man.
    You're a good egg. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    No
    So, is it not okay to talk with someone if you are single and the other person has a boyfriend/girlfriend? Does that equal trying to steal them away? 
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    dankind said:
    Sea. Fish. Plenty.
    Don’t think of it as embarrassing! I know what you mean but it really isn’t bad. It’s flattering if someone likes you, right?! And she‘s responding to you so that should build your confidence. It doesn’t have to be romantic, if it develops into a nice acquaintance or even friendship, that’s excellent.
    You take care of yourself first and the rest will come along eventually.
  • Options
    No
    So, is it not okay to talk with someone if you are single and the other person has a boyfriend/girlfriend? Does that equal trying to steal them away? 
    nvm, I think that discussion will end with dankind calling me a bad egg.
  • Options
    Yes
    Nah that's not what I meant.
    I speak to many girls with boyfriends at university. I meant hoping to be in a relationship with her would also mean her having to break up with her boyfriend.

On another note, I met a current honours student at this seminar who I got to talk to. She revealed she's on antidepressants and that got me to do the same. We seemed to have a good time chatting and I am interested. Found her on Facebook and Instagram. She said I could add her on Researchgate or LinkedIn. I wonder if she would mind on social media? She appears to be single.
  • Options
    Yes
    JPPJ84 said:
    dankind said:
    Sea. Fish. Plenty.
    Don’t think of it as embarrassing! I know what you mean but it really isn’t bad. It’s flattering if someone likes you, right?! And she‘s responding to you so that should build your confidence. It doesn’t have to be romantic, if it develops into a nice acquaintance or even friendship, that’s excellent.
    You take care of yourself first and the rest will come along eventually.
    Still doesn't make this painful loneliness disappear.
  • Options
    No
    I speak to many girls with boyfriends at university. I meant hoping to be in a relationship with her would also mean her having to break up with her boyfriend.

On another note, I met a current honours student at this seminar who I got to talk to. She revealed she's on antidepressants and that got me to do the same. We seemed to have a good time chatting and I am interested. Found her on Facebook and Instagram. She said I could add her on Researchgate or LinkedIn. I wonder if she would mind on social media? She appears to be single.
    Okay, I understand what you're talking about now. But what if she has a crappy boyfriend? Just continue chatting online and let things progress naturally. I know you mentioned a different girl, but you don't seem as interested in her as you do the first girl.

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Yes

Good luck Thoughts Arrive!!! Keep in contact with her, (the girl you wrote about last in the text) :)
  • Options
    Yes
    nvm, I think that discussion will end with dankind calling me a bad egg.
    Rotten to the yolk, you are.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yes

Okay, I understand what you're talking about now. But what if she has a crappy boyfriend? Just continue chatting online and let things progress naturally. I know you mentioned a different girl, but you don't seem as interested in her as you do the first girl.

She and her boyfriend seem very much in love judging by the photos. Probably appear more interested because I spent more time with the one with a boyfriend.
    The other one is 1 year older than me whereas the first one mentioned is way younger. 21! I'm 35.