Unpopular Opinions

1293031323335»

Comments

• tschavtschav Posts: 1,486
    Would love to see them go the Yondr route for a few small shows and not release bootlegs. Give the band a chance to do whatever they want and make a few mistakes, let Ed get political, etc. 

I'd be fine with an EV solo tour next year, even if a new PJ album came out.

I'd also be down if EV releases a duets album of covers before another PJ album releases.

I would trade any more multi-day shows at Wrigley for single appearances at Alpine Valley (and I live 10 minutes from Wrigleyville).
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USAPosts: 2,940
    Fuck Wrigley
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 12,552
    Anyone who would choose to go and see a Pearl Jam tribute band when Mudhoney is on in the same town on the same night is not okay, I believe.
    I wouldn't see either one.  I've found that PJ tribute bands always overdo Ed's voice and end up sounding more like Days of the New or Creed.  And Mudhoney is just murder on the ears.
  • rummyrummy Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,398
    Anyone who would choose to go and see a Pearl Jam tribute band when Mudhoney is on in the same town on the same night is not okay, I believe.
    I wouldn't see either one.  I've found that PJ tribute bands always overdo Ed's voice and end up sounding more like Days of the New or Creed.  And Mudhoney is just murder on the ears.
    Admittedly, the likelihood of one overdoing EV's voice has kept me from seeing any PJ tribute bands - and the fact that I've been fortunate enough to have seen the real deal, on average, once per year over the last seven years!

Auckland 1998, Toronto 1 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Toronto 1&2 2016, Seattle 1&2 2018