Options

Unpopular Opinions

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    JimmyV said:
    Greeks in Massachusetts make the world's best pizza.

House Of Pizza FTW.
    Happy to hear that! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    People are all entitled to their own opinions, there is no right or wrong.  I agree with windowpayne, suicide is selfish.  Think about your kids, they need you.  Man up.  Go get help, not a rope.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    ...I think I'm going to drink a bottle of wine. I don't care if it's at room temp or chilled...or even has ice cubes!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    rummy said:
    ...I think I'm going to drink a bottle of wine. I don't care if it's at room temp or chilled...or even has ice cubes!
    Maybe try boiling it and make it into some sort of tea. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    People are all entitled to their own opinions, there is no right or wrong.  I agree with windowpayne, suicide is selfish.  Think about your kids, they need you.  Man up.  Go get help, not a rope.
    Fuckin man up. ?Must be one of the most stupid or ignorant phrases I've ever heard. I do not care who you are or what you believe that is ignorant. Do you really believe  its un manly to suffer. Many people  including myself have taken help and advice and medications  and have children . You my friend have no conception of this subject and i hope you never  do.

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Man up is such a horrible comment. Just horrible. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,963
    edited November 2018
    It implies men are so strong and can fix anything with being male only. The brain is the same in a man or a woman and strange enough can break down on anyone at anytime. I'm not going to continue  to fight the corner of desperately ill people but I will say .
    If c.c had cancer would you suggest man up would heal it. 
    ............ thought not.

Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    The first 3 albums are good, but No Code through Binaural is the best creative period for the band. 
    The self titled album is incredibly hard to listen to. Just not good. 
    Soldier Field 95 is nothing special
    Evenflow is meh
    I connect more at Ed solo shows in recent years
    Out of My Mind is not a good song or improv

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited November 2018
    The first 3 albums are good, but No Code through Binaural is the best creative period for the band. 
    The self titled album is incredibly hard to listen to. Just not good. 
    Soldier Field 95 is nothing special
    Evenflow is meh
    I connect more at Ed solo shows in recent years
    Out of My Mind is not a good song or improv

... I think Vitalogy is up there with Yield in terms of creativity...both outstanding albums, mind you. 
    ... Self-Titled is all over the place.
    ... Soldier Field does indeed have a lot of "flubs."
    ... Unfortunately, (to me anyway) Even Flow has aged the worst out of all of their mega hits.
    ... Can't comment on the last two.
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Got really irritated with Mike when listening to the Seattle bootlegs the other day. The guy fucks up simple melody lines, flubs notes and chords here and there, starts solos in wrong key. Maybe pay more attention to the guitar and less to pointing people in the audience or showing off. 
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Opinions can be based on incorrect information, biases or downright falsehoods and can indeed be invalid. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Bashing the band on the porch. Please don’t renew next year. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Opinions can be based on incorrect information, biases or downright falsehoods and can indeed be invalid. 
    So too can assessments of others' opinions. If you run around claiming opinions you disagree with are invalid, it might be you who has fallen victim to incorrect information, bias or downright falsehood. Sometimes you might be right. Other times...less so.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Depression is complicated. You can’t know what’s going on in someone else’s head until you walk in their shoes. Me personally, I don’t think I could do that. Knowing someone who has attempted it, like I said you don’t know what’s going on inside that person. You are not them.  You can’t offer advice, except to advise them to seek outside help with therapy from someone who is well trained, competent and unbiased in their help. 
    Chris Cornell didn’t mean for that to happen. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    JimmyV said:
    So too can assessments of others' opinions. If you run around claiming opinions you disagree with are invalid, it might be you who has fallen victim to incorrect information, bias or downright falsehood. Sometimes you might be right. Other times...less so.
    I know I have posted this before....but I agree with Oftenreading. 
    Opinions are not something we automatically should respect.  If your opinion is something that is harmful to others it should be invalidated by others.
    This may be Unpopular, but just because someone thinks the KKK is a great organization does not mean I should respect their opinion. 
    F them. 
    A Modest Proposal is something I would point to.  Satire?  Yes.  Representative of the ludicrous stances that some people take?  Yep.  Never more true than today, IMO.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    edited November 2018
    Oh come on. Don’t be that person who loves every single thing the band has ever done. That’s nonsense. It doesn’t make one less of a fan just because there’s some things you don’t like. I honestly think it makes one a better fan to disagree- that you stick around in spite of things you don’t agreee with. With logic like yours, the divorce rate in the country would be 100%.
    Post edited by ledvedderman on
  • Options
    Oh come on. Don’t be that person who loves every single thing the band has ever done. That’s nonsense. It doesn’t make one less of a fan just because there’s some things you don’t like. I honestly think it makes one a better fan to disagree- that you stick around in spite of things you don’t agreee with. With logic like yours, the divorce rate in the country would be 100%.
    If your spouse is constantly telling you how wrong you are and criticizing everything you’re doing, that’s lowering your self esteem and  considered verbal abuse. Please don’t stick around. Find someone you think is brilliant no matter what and tell them that. If you can constantly find fault, you’re in the wrong place. 
  • Options
    One thread or one post by someone is not “constantly telling.” Besides, the thread title is “unpopular opinions” not “I think these things are crap and therefore the band is crap.” Get a hold of yourself and live realistically. It really is okay to not like some things. It really is. Hell, THE BAND clearly doesn’t like every little thing and it’s their blood, sweat, and tears. I promise you can still be super fan guy if you don’t like things. We’re talking bands and music- not a life philosophy. 
  • Options
    And one more thing, to say you don’t care for a song is way different than making a personal attack on someone’s ability, look or personality. I’ve seen all of that done here. 
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    edited November 2018
    And one more thing, to say you don’t care for a song is way different than making a personal attack on someone’s ability, look or personality. I’ve seen all of that done here. 
    Well I don’t agree with that stuff either but I’m not going to tell them not to renew because they said something I disagreed with. I’m sure you knew very well by clicking on this thread that you would probably read things that you didn’t agree with- but you clicked anyway. 
    Post edited by ledvedderman on
  • Options
    Well I don’t agree with that stuff either but I’m not going to act like a child and tell them not to renew because they said something I disagreed with. I’m sure you knew very well by clicking on this thread that you would probably read things that you didn’t agree with- but you clicked anyway. 
    Of course I knew there would be stuff I don’t agree with.  

I’ll rephrase. Please by all means renew, buy tickets, merchandise and put stickers and patches all over yourself and your belongs to advertise the band. Just don’t post. Thank you. 

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    JimmyV said:
    With your post you have supported my assertion. Was that your intention?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Well I don’t agree with that stuff either but I’m not going to act like a child and tell them not to renew because they said something I disagreed with. I’m sure you knew very well by clicking on this thread that you would probably read things that you didn’t agree with- but you clicked anyway. 

I’ll rephrase. Please by all means renew, buy tickets, merchandise and put stickers and patches all over yourself and your belongs to advertise the band. Just don’t post. Thank you. 

I mean, that’s a little better. This place would certainly be boring if every post was:
    do you think Backspacer is awesome?
    yeah, Backspacer is incredible!
    cool! We agree. 
    end of topic 

debate and discussion is the whole point of this place. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    With your post you have supported my assertion. Was that your intention?
    I didn't disagree with your post. I just pointed out that what you describe can be a slippery slope.

Not everything is an argument.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Fuckin man up. ?Must be one of the most stupid or ignorant phrases I've ever heard. I do not care who you are or what you believe that is ignorant. Do you really believe  its un manly to suffer. Many people  including myself have taken help and advice and medications  and have children . You my friend have no conception of this subject and i hope you never  do.

It’s an unpopular opinion! Relax, that’s what the thread is about
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    I wish Ed would stop playing the beginning of porch on guitar.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

I mean, that’s a little better. This place would certainly be boring if every post was:
    do you think Backspacer is awesome?
    yeah, Backspacer is incredible!
    cool! We agree. 
    end of topic 

debate and discussion is the whole point of this place. 
    Totally agree as long as no personal criticism. 
  • Options
    I love Pearl Jam but I don't think a lot of other music from the 90's has aged very well.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    I love Pearl Jam but I don't think a lot of other music from the 90's has aged very well.
    I could agree to that. Now, how much of that can be attributed to the fact that it was likely part of most of our formative years and we’ve played it into the ground for 25 years or so? I think it certainly will hold up over time and inspire new players forever. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    I disagree. I think the bands from the 90's that most of us revere (Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Rage, Soundgarden, Radiohead, etc.) hold up very well today. I also think the one-hit wonder bands of that era were fun for what the were (Spin Doctors, Fastball, etc.) Hell, even the crappy pop music of the 90's is better than today's. I'll take the Macarena over whatever Beyoncé puts out. And rap? Forget it. It was a thousand times better in the 90's than it is today. Both the serious rappers (like Tupac) and the goofballs (like Skee-lo). 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com