Kavanaugh

Comments

• mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    pjhawks said:
    I don't know why the Republicans have such a hard-on for this guy. There has to be dozens of other qualified, conservative federal judges that aren't former beer-swilling bros that they can nominate. 
    because admitting there were wrong would be a sign of weakness to them. they rather support sexual abusers than admit they fucked up. party before country.
    My impression is different. Its not about admitting fault. I'll admit I'm a republican, so many of you are just going to dismiss this anyway or take it with a grain of salt. 
    But it is clear the Dems used this for political gain. No question about that, this was mishandled purposefully in a way to get the most exposure about 5 weeks before a major election. It was an attempt to stall the confirmation and publicize this for votes. I have no doubt of that. This could have been a closed hearing, kept private as Dr Ford wished. Someone on the democratic committee leaked her letter and name (not Dr Ford or her friends as Feinstein suggested, that's just stupid) when this could have been addressed 2 months ago.
    Reports are now saying they did offer to fly the whole committee to CA for a hearing. Ford claims she would have accepted, but the offer and communication was not clear. The discussions were not made directly to Ford herself, but through Senators and lawyers. Seems very plausible, even likely this was intentionally to stall even further.
    I don't believe Ford was a willing participant, but used instead.
    I don't think republicans handled it very well either. Once they got wind of the accusations (6 weeks after the dems knew about it for what its worth) they could have done this very differently as well.
    But my impression isn't that they have such a hard-on for this guy as much as making a point that they won't let the democratic tactics ruin their nomination. 
    But if it was about women and sexual abuse, it is all about dragging the republican image through the mud weeks before the election, other this would have been handled differently. There was plenty of time to investigate without having to delay the nomination if acted on in a timely manner. They would not have sat on the information for 2 months then leaked it to the press. This wil still be a hot topic when the elections happen, and they is exactly what they wanted.
    You're absolutely right that the Democrats held this issue in order to inflict maximum political damage, and arguably damage to the nomination itself.  I said much earlier that this was an extreme example of hardball politics.   But that doesn't mean he is deserving of the seat.  
    Hard ball politics was not even holding committee hearings on Merrick Garland and keeping the seat vacant, without a committee or floor vote for 200+ days. Fuck the repubs and Mitch McConnel and Lindsey Graham in particular.

Both are examples of stupid hardball politics. Not voting on Obama’s nominee is an extreme example No doubt. Holding onto sexual assault allegations is not too far behind.
    LETS PLAY HARDBALL!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • This is an example of a meme being passed around FB...

You're stealing Unsungs thunder. Not nice. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • njnancynjnancy Posts: 5,096
    edited October 2018
    This is an example of a meme being passed around FB...

I tracked this back to an anarchy poster on FB - here's Media Bias Fact Check's take on the people putting this out. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/uncle-sams-misguided-children/
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

Another painful stupidity!
    I do not understand why that should change anything. This does not eliminate the fears or feelings of shame for the victims or anything else.
    At this age, you realize the importance of what happened. You have to fear that your entire world will be turned upside down for your family too. And yes, you're right, that would happen.
    That's exactly what's happening to her right now.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348

So because her brother once worked for a huge, massive white shoe law firm that employs, probably 1000 lawyers at any given time, she lied in her testimony.  Makes perfect sense.  
    edited October 2018
    njnancy said:

I tracked this back to an anarchy poster on FB - here's Media Bias Fact Check's take on the people putting this out. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/uncle-sams-misguided-children/
    Michael Savage is promoting this. Also being promoted by Alex Jones. This article from Media Matters goes through each of the allegations....

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/09/28/right-wing-conspiracy-theorists-now-claim-christine-blasey-ford-deeply-tied-cia/221505

Savage’s conspiracy theory makes three claims about Ford’s connections to the CIA, all of which are false or baseless:

1. The post claims that Ford “happens to head up the CIA undergraduate internship program at Stanford University.” This claim seems to originate from a conspiracy theory website, brassballs.blog, that drew this conclusion because Stanford does have an undergraduate CIA internship program, and Ford, who is a psychology professor at nearby Palo Alto University, is also listed as an “affiliate” in the “psychiatry and behavioral sciences” department at Stanford. The blog post argues that it is suspicious that Ford’s contact information has been deleted from her Stanford profile page, although the more likely explanation is that it has been removed due to the threats and harassment that Ford has received since coming forward.

2. The theory draws another connection between Ford and the CIA via her brother’s previous work for law firm BakerHostetler. A previous Ford-related conspiracy theory connected her brother’s work at BakerHostetler to Fusion GPS, a research firm involved in the ongoing Russian collusion investigation. However, Ford’s brother left BakerHostetler six years before Fusion GPS was ever founded. Savage’s conspiracy theory repeats this false claim and goes even further, claiming that three CIA-controlled businesses are located in the same building as BakerHostetler. There is no evidence these businesses are connected to the CIA -- in fact, one, Red Coats, Inc., is a janitorial company that does not even share office space with BakerHostetler.

3. Savage’s post also claims that Ford is the granddaughter of Nicholas Deak, who worked with the CIA during the Cold War. According to his 1985 Washington Post obituary, Deak only had one child, a son named R. Leslie Deak. But as the conspiracy theory’s second claim also notes, Ford’s father is actually Ralph Blasey Jr.

Savage’s false claim is rapidly spreading, and was promoted during Alex Jones’ September 28 broadcast. The conspiracy theory is also indicative of how search platforms like Google amplify such clear falsehoods. A Google search for “Christine Ford CIA” done in a private browsing window aggregated YouTube videos pushing the conspiracy theory and Savage’s website as the top results:

Post edited by njnancy on
  • mrussel1 said:

So because her brother once worked for a huge, massive white shoe law firm that employs, probably 1000 lawyers at any given time, she lied in her testimony.  Makes perfect sense.  
    Dodododododododododo, you’re about to enter the Twighlight Zone.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,174
    I don't care if it was 50 yrs ago i believe her he's the liar and corrupted judge ! ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    edited October 2018
    " I almost feel to wish bad things to those people!" 

Post edited by kce8 on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331

After Watching Kavanaugh Hearing, Woman Decides to Name State Senator She Says Raped Her

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/us/joe-fain-rape-candace-faber.html

• dignin said:

After Watching Kavanaugh Hearing, Woman Decides to Name State Senator She Says Raped Her

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/us/joe-fain-rape-candace-faber.html

This will be another wave of #metoo

Good for her in coming out.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    Tiki said:
    July 1, 1982
    I've seen this posted a few times.
    Could you explain the meaning/importance?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    edited October 2018
    mace1229 said:
    Tiki said:
    July 1, 1982
    That is the date on Kav's calendar that refers to a party where PJ, Squi and Judge were at (drinking "skis").  The same people that Ford said were at the party she was assaulted at.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    mace1229 said:
    Tiki said:
    July 1, 1982
    That is the date on Kav's calendar that refers to a party where PJ, Squi and Judge were at (drinking "skis").  The same people that Ford said were at the party she was assaulted at.
    Was Donkey Dong Doug there too?
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Tiki said:
    July 1, 1982
    Was Donkey Dong Doug there too?
    will ferrell frank the tank GIF
    "Kav'll do one... he'll do one!"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Did I miss anything yet?
    Very interesting that he said he did not know her, nor ever heard of such OUTRAGEOUS claims until after his hearing and before it broke in the newspapers. 

This is a pattern and a disturbing one. 
    njnancy said:
    Very interesting that he said he did not know her, nor ever heard of such OUTRAGEOUS claims until after his hearing and before it broke in the newspapers. 

This is a pattern and a disturbing one. 
    Just another lie under oath to throw on the pile.

Kavanaugh told the Senate Judiciary Committee under oath that the first time he heard of Ramirez’s allegation was in the Sept. 23 article in The New Yorker.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    my2hands said:
    Did I miss anything yet?
    Just check your calendar ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    mace1229 said:
    Tiki said:
    July 1, 1982
    Wouldn’t that be easy to support or disprove?
    i looked up the calamder, it says who was there and who’s house. Have Ford describe everything about the house she can, and get a description of the house noted. See if they match.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,743

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Tiki said:
    July 1, 1982
    i looked up the calamder, it says who was there and who’s house. Have Ford describe everything about the house she can, and get a description of the house noted. See if they match.
    You're describing an investigation. Republicans have no interest in that.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Tiki said:
    July 1, 1982
    I mean, seriously, how crazy would it be if his calender was actually the key piece of evidence to confirm her account by providing the actual date and location of the assault. That would be true justice. Sunk by his own device.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927