Kavanaugh

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    Does no one on here believe that the whiteness of your skin and being male doesn’t allow you certain “perks?” “Entitled” qualified “white male.” It wasn’t a blanket statement unless you believe all white males think of themselves as “entitled.” Kavanaugh certainly thinks that of himself as he busted his ass. And worked out. And likes beer.
    I think being wealthy allows you those perks as much as being a white male.  In this country, those tend to run together; however, I'm not sure it will always be like that.  I grew up lower class in Cleveland and I don't feel like I got a ton of perks, but one never really thinks they do I suppose.  
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mr Bryant listened to his wife. He killed emmit till. Turns out she made the whole thing up. Why is unsung wrong?i think it is a good analogy. 
    For one, Kavanaugh isn’t black and murdered. Emmit Till was about race. It had nothing to do with sexual assault. No one is out to kill Kavanaugh. This is about whether he is fit for the highest Honor in the American judicial system. Unsung always reaching in the cookie jar only to find roaches eating the crumbs.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    Ah huh, I see Mr. K.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mrussel1 said:
    Does no one on here believe that the whiteness of your skin and being male doesn’t allow you certain “perks?” “Entitled” qualified “white male.” It wasn’t a blanket statement unless you believe all white males think of themselves as “entitled.” Kavanaugh certainly thinks that of himself as he busted his ass. And worked out. And likes beer.
    I think being wealthy allows you those perks as much as being a white male.  In this country, those tend to run together; however, I'm not sure it will always be like that.  I grew up lower class in Cleveland and I don't feel like I got a ton of perks, but one never really thinks they do I suppose.  
    The Harvard professor being arrested for “breaking” into his own house that lead to the beer summit that so many ridiculed. Wealth and being black doesn’t equate to being a white male. Not in ‘Murica.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • KatKat Posts: 4,832
    edited October 2018
    brianlux said:
    Ah huh, I see Mr. K.

Didn't Kavanaugh testify that what goes around, comes around? 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • mrussel1 said:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    edited October 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    njnancy said:
    The only comparison is that the people who dismissed Till and Ford's equality are entitled white men. 
    What? This makes zero sense to me. 
    Shocker, a meme as a response. 
    ....it's not a "meme". 

... ask your students about it, old man.

:)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    Kat said:
    brianlux said:
    Ah huh, I see Mr. K.

Didn't Kavanaugh testify that what goes around, comes around? 
    He would do well to learn that!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Lindsey Graham is one slimey mofo.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Lindsey Graham is one slimey mofo.
    He is the absolute worst.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    The age of entitled white men is going to end.  They (or we since you could, I suppose, consider me an entitled white man but, damn, how I hate those all-encompassing labels) are in the minority on this small planet- both males and whites.

But while were at it, if we are going to admonish entitled white men we might well admonish entitled Americans, as even the poorest of us live like royalty compared to a poor peasant in Myanmar. Certainly those of us who can afford our electronic devices and high priced tickets to mega rock star concerts and drive our shiny beast vehicles.  Who among us here is not entitled?

Sorry, not meaning to cause offense, but I HATE labels!

If Kavanaugh is proven guilty, fuck him!  But don't pigeon hole all us white guys.  We aren't all motherfuckers and rapists.

Any father rapists amongst us? Thanksgiving is coming up.
    This could be one of the dumbest comments I have ever read on this forum. Be better than this. 
    C’mon McGruff, get the cultural reference and stop being so sensitive.
    Father rapists is a cultural reference? Do explain and don’t be vague like your original sentence. 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM

No code is my favorite album but do me a favor and don’t talk in code. ;)

Ha! Mine too. Would you have preferred a hissy fit as it was within a quote responding to someone else and was misconstrued as I had originally intended? Posters post in code all the time, lots of dog whistles for example. 

Just tell me like it is.  I don’t like Kavanaugh at all but I have a problem with someone coming out with a story 30 years later. That s me. If there was an altercation then report it so at least there is some sort of paper trail and maybe he ll think twice about doing it again. 
    Listened to no code on vinyl today, pure bliss. 
    wait aren't you a teacher and parent? seriously you can't understand a teenage girl hiding being sexually assaulted until years later?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    Lindsey Graham is one slimey mofo.
    So what did he do to make you post this?  A specific new event?

Or were you just sitting there at the computer and all of sudden started thinking about him?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,426
    John Oliver made a great point on his show last night that I hadn't heard anywhere else.

Kav discussed his calendars and how he came about keeping them.  He mentioned that his Dad had kept calendars that way, etc.  I guess it came out in the questioning that his Dad had only started doing that in 1978 or so.  So when Kav was telling the story about how the family would gather around at xmas and discuss the memories on Dad's calendars, the events were only a few years old.  Kind of weird.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:
    The age of entitled white men is going to end.  They (or we since you could, I suppose, consider me an entitled white man but, damn, how I hate those all-encompassing labels) are in the minority on this small planet- both males and whites.

But while were at it, if we are going to admonish entitled white men we might well admonish entitled Americans, as even the poorest of us live like royalty compared to a poor peasant in Myanmar. Certainly those of us who can afford our electronic devices and high priced tickets to mega rock star concerts and drive our shiny beast vehicles.  Who among us here is not entitled?

If Kavanaugh is proven guilty, fuck him!  But don't pigeon hole all us white guys.  We aren't all motherfuckers and rapists.

This could be one of the dumbest comments I have ever read on this forum. Be better than this. 
    Father rapists is a cultural reference? Do explain and don’t be vague like your original sentence. 

Ha! Mine too. Would you have preferred a hissy fit as it was within a quote responding to someone else and was misconstrued as I had originally intended? Posters post in code all the time, lots of dog whistles for example. 

Just tell me like it is.  I don’t like Kavanaugh at all but I have a problem with someone coming out with a story 30 years later. That s me. If there was an altercation then report it so at least there is some sort of paper trail and maybe he ll think twice about doing it again. 
    wait aren't you a teacher and parent? seriously you can't understand a teenage girl hiding being sexually assaulted until years later?
    The 30 years is one part that I don't question at all.
    My brother was abused by a neighbor, several times over a period of about 2 years. It was 20 years before he told a single person about what happened. Even after years of counseling. It seemed like he changed over night, 9 years old at the time went from loving school to failing every subject, became violent, a cutter, multiple signs something was wrong. My parents paid for private counseling for years and nothing ever came out ever. It wasn't until his son was 9 years old (the same age he was) that be finally told someone for the first time.
    edited October 2018
    edited October 2018
    mace1229 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    brianlux said:

The 30 years is one part that I don't question at all.
    My brother was abused by a neighbor, several times over a period of about 2 years. It was 20 years before he told a single person about what happened. Even after years of counseling. It seemed like he changed over night, 9 years old at the time went from loving school to failing every subject, became violent, a cutter, multiple signs something was wrong. My parents paid for private counseling for years and nothing ever came out ever. It wasn't until his son was 9 years old (the same age he was) that be finally told someone for the first time.
    And after your Dumbo President stated similar things-- and EVERYONE (R and D and Journalists) went out and had to tell HIM and EVERYONE ELSE how reality works-- people still use this kind of thinking to make Ford less credible?

!! SHE TOLD HER THERAPIST SEVERAL YEARS AGO FOR GOD SAKES !!

@mcgruff10 - snap back to reality. And put on Riot Act after No Code.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    edited October 2018
    It should.

I mean... he did lie. 

Republicans just don't care about it (and some people ITT) and journalists aren't pushing them (enough) on it.
    It should.

I mean... he did lie. 

Republicans just don't care about it and journalists aren't pushing them (enough) on it.
    He lied about drinking, boofing, Devil's Triangle, FFFFourth of July, Renate Alumnus, likely sexually assault

I was trying to remember if any of the Dems brought up Renate's response to the yearbook during the hearing....Kav said it was to show that she was "one of us"...she made a statement saying how awful the reference was.

• It should.

I mean... he did lie. 

Republicans just don't care about it and journalists aren't pushing them (enough) on it.
    He lied about drinking, boofing, Devil's Triangle, FFFFourth of July, Renate Alumnus, likely sexually assault

I was trying to remember if any of the Dems brought up Renate's response to the yearbook during the hearing....Kav said it was to show that she was "one of us"...she made a statement saying how awful the reference was.
    Renate is a name? And I guess it means "I fucked this girl"? I'm not from the US...
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    It should.

I mean... he did lie. 

Ok.... looking at these 1 at a time:
    1) Drinking - it appears he is lying about his consumption.
    2) Boofing - farting? really?  wth
    3) Devil's triangle - I really wish I knew the truth on this one.  I wonder who coached him to say 'Quarters'
    4) FFFFourth of July - I heard his answer on this one....what is the alternative reason for it?  I mean I could guess but it would just be guessing
    5) Renate Alumnus - this really seems like a lie as well (why do you say likely sexual assault?)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Lindsey Graham is one slimey mofo.
    So what did he do to make you post this?  A specific new event?

Or were you just sitting there at the computer and all of sudden started thinking about him?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kFEaHnqH7o
    edited October 2018
    It should.

I mean... he did lie. 

3) Devil's triangle - I really wish I knew the truth on this one.  I wonder who coached him to say 'Quarters'
    4) FFFFourth of July - I heard his answer on this one....what is the alternative reason for it?  I mean I could guess but it would just be guessing
    5) Renate Alumnus - this really seems like a lie as well (why do you say likely sexual assault?)
    Because it is likely he assaulted Ford...she is 100% certain it was him, passed a lie detector test, etc.

FFFFourth of July refers to Find em, finger em, fuck em, forget em.  Hard to explain (along with Devil's Triangle (a threesome between 2 guys, 1 girl) when you are defending yourself from sexual assault)

Boofing is putting alcohol in your rectum.  Likely delivered via a bong 

• It's so fucking weird saying "She's credible and obviously was assaulted - but she's to stupid to realize it wasn't our friend Brett".
  • It should.

I mean... he did lie. 

Because it is likely he assaulted Ford...she is 100% certain it was him, passed a lie detector test, etc.

FFFFourth of July refers to Find em, finger em, fuck em, forget em.  Hard to explain (along with Devil's Triangle (a threesome between 2 guys, 1 girl) when you are defending yourself from sexual assault)

Boofing is putting alcohol in your rectum.  Likely delivered via a bong 
    A threesome has nothing to do with sexual assault though... Neither FFFFourth of July... It obviously shows he was very much focused on sex during these years and now want's to be seen as "wholesome". But there is no connection to assault...
    edited October 2018
    unsung said:

Hey you, mocker of Sexual Assault victims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyLvAxs0MXU
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038
    It should.

I mean... he did lie. 

6) He claimed he had no prior connections to Yale - this is easily disproved as his grandfather went there which makes him Legacy (meaning he gets special preference for admission).

Never mind the SCOTUS nomination still being on the table... that his future as a federal judge isn't currently in question as a result of these blatant lies goes to show what a joke this whole thing is.  

• It should.

I mean... he did lie. 

6) He claimed he had no prior connections to Yale - this is easily disproved as his grandfather went there which makes him Legacy (meaning he gets special preference for admission).

Never mind the SCOTUS nomination still being on the table... that his future as a federal judge isn't currently in question as a result of these blatant lies goes to show what a joke this whole thing is.  

The Dems taking over the house can initiate impeachment hearings for his lying to the senate judiciary committee. The repub senate may not convict but they’ll never be the “law and order” party again. Well, at least until the next election cycle.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • I don't know why the Republicans have such a hard-on for this guy. There has to be dozens of other qualified, conservative federal judges that aren't former beer-swilling bros that they can nominate. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    I don't know why the Republicans have such a hard-on for this guy. There has to be dozens of other qualified, conservative federal judges that aren't former beer-swilling bros that they can nominate. 
    because admitting there were wrong would be a sign of weakness to them. they rather support sexual abusers than admit they fucked up. party before country.