Options

Kavanaugh

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,894
    mickeyrat said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Really, let’s be honest, not a single one of you gives a shit about this woman.  Your entire mission is to keep another Trump nominee off of the Supreme Court, at least admit that and retain some amount of integrity.  You’ll all forget her name by the end of next week after he gets confirmed.

Of course there isn’t anything to stop her from filing a proper police report to fully investigate this accusation.  If the evidence proves him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt then remove him from the Court.  I’d support that 100%.
    You might not give a shit about women who have been abused, but some other people actually do. 
    That first part is a pretty ridiculous statement and absolutely untrue.  My stance remains, do a proper investigation and give due process.  This is neither.
    So, apparently you are convinced that none of us care, based on the fact that we’ve repeatedly expressed our disgust at the treatment Blasey Ford and many others have received, but you expect us to believe that you do care, based on your careless dismissal of her. 
    and what due process would entail after a proper investigation , given the allegation may land outside the of the statute of limitations? Investigation may well lead to establishment that it did in fact happen, so what then? Given the senate hearing isnt a court of law, how exactly should they proceed with due process?
    This entire process of Kavanaugh and Ford testifying, as well as an FBI investigation, is just to try to get one of the Republican Senators to vote against him in the confirmation vote. That's it. 
    the confirmation process isnt due process as I believe unsung referenced it as.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    Really, let’s be honest, not a single one of you gives a shit about this woman.  Your entire mission is to keep another Trump nominee off of the Supreme Court, at least admit that and retain some amount of integrity.  You’ll all forget her name by the end of next week after he gets confirmed.

Of course there isn’t anything to stop her from filing a proper police report to fully investigate this accusation.  If the evidence proves him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt then remove him from the Court.  I’d support that 100%.
    You might not give a shit about women who have been abused, but some other people actually do. 
    That first part is a pretty ridiculous statement and absolutely untrue.  My stance remains, do a proper investigation and give due process.  This is neither.
    So, apparently you are convinced that none of us care, based on the fact that we’ve repeatedly expressed our disgust at the treatment Blasey Ford and many others have received, but you expect us to believe that you do care, based on your careless dismissal of her. 
    and what due process would entail after a proper investigation , given the allegation may land outside the of the statute of limitations? Investigation may well lead to establishment that it did in fact happen, so what then? Given the senate hearing isnt a court of law, how exactly should they proceed with due process?
    This entire process of Kavanaugh and Ford testifying, as well as an FBI investigation, is just to try to get one of the Republican Senators to vote against him in the confirmation vote. That's it. 
    It's not, you're correct, because this isn't an actual court case with consequences beyond representation of character. Also the reason why the "prosecutor" just questioned Ford and not Kavanagh. 'Cause it's all a half-assed dog and pony show.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I am not confused with the confirmation process being the same as a proper police investigation.  They are not the same.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:
    See all the stress and toxicity this brings?

Total strangers calling each other idiots
    or creating threads dedicated to someone.

I know, I should have been online more during my recent 5200 mile roadtrip.  I’ll do better.
    5200 miles is hell of a trip, I can't PM on here with my phone, why dont you on PM me and tell me a bit about it. I'm curious and might need some tips or have questions, planning a big trip myself 
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    It’s good & dandy just hope none of your daughters or mine for that matter ever need an emergency abortion from a complicated pregnancy or from a rape which by the way this justice tried and yes I believe her over him today & twice on Sunday , that’s what all the idiot conservatives here & this country want to overturn R vs W ...
    And I hope none of your sons gets accused and harassed and found guilty through the news without due process.
    Unlike the idiot president & puppet judge I’be taught my son to respect all humans not just women but all humans I’m very confident in his judgement , it doesn’t take a genius to see that Kavanaugh is a fucking liar ! You believe him that’s on you I wouldn’t trust him with my dog or beer !
    It isn’t what I believe, it is what can be proven.  A strange concept to some of you is that an individual has the right to due process.
    I agree that it’s just my belief that he’s a liar so due process has to include an FBI investigation so why is it that he & GOP refused one ? Surely that falls under due process no ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Biden has already said that an FBI investigation would not prove anything.  The proper path would have been, and still is, the local police.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,833
    unsung said:

By "giving a shit", what did you actually do?  I can see it now...  

"Hey honey, how was your day"
    "Oh, it was good.  I gave a shit about that abused woman today on the world wide web."
    "Oh, that tweeter thingy or the facebook?"
    "No, on Pearl Jam's website."
    "That is so brave of you honey to give a shit.  I love you"
    *A hug follows, then gives you a smack on the butt as you walk away*
    Hey, I’d be happy to tell you about the years I volunteered at a women’s shelter, sat on their board of directors and was their president for one year. I’d be happy to tell you about the work I do now with women involved in the sex trade. However, given your brainless, douchey post above I suspect it wouldn’t make any difference. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

I know, I should have been online more during my recent 5200 mile roadtrip.  I’ll do better.
    5200 miles is hell of a trip, I can't PM on here with my phone, why dont you on PM me and tell me a bit about it. I'm curious and might need some tips or have questions, planning a big trip myself 
    Sure thing, give me a bit though, I have to briefly go away, but I will come back.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Lol, well played

Dont forget me, I'm seriously interested
  • Options
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

Sure thing, give me a bit though, I have to briefly go away, but I will come back.
    lol

Okay... you're winning me back!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    unsung said:
    Biden has already said that an FBI investigation would not prove anything.  The proper path would have been, and still is, the local police.
    Biden said this in 1991, related to the Anita Hill case, correct?  Here's teh difference..  Mark Judge will be committing a felony if he lies to the FBI.  Kavanaugh was deceptive on the stand yesterday when he said that Judge had sworn testimony.  That's not true.  His attorney swore that the testimony was accurate to what Judge said.  That's a bit of a difference, no?  You can see it for yourself:  https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4901575-Letter-Counsel-for-Mark-Judge.html

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

How is the Roy Moore investigation going?  Tell me without searching.
    Right after you tell me how the Clinton and Franken investigations are going...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

There’s no statute of limitations in Maryland for sex crimes. After an FBI investigation, Dr. Ford could walk into a police station, make a statement that she was sexually assaulted and the DA would determin, via presentation of evidence to a grand jury, of which, one would think, the results of the FBI investigation would be presented. The grand jury would determine if enough evidence is presented that sufficiently indicates whether a crime has been committed and if so, Kavanaugh would be indicted and the DA would press charges. If the grand jury wasn’t convinced, no indictment. There’s your due process. What’s Kavanaugh afraid of?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    It’s good & dandy just hope none of your daughters or mine for that matter ever need an emergency abortion from a complicated pregnancy or from a rape which by the way this justice tried and yes I believe her over him today & twice on Sunday , that’s what all the idiot conservatives here & this country want to overturn R vs W ...
    And I hope none of your sons gets accused and harassed and found guilty through the news without due process.
    Unlike the idiot president & puppet judge I’be taught my son to respect all humans not just women but all humans I’m very confident in his judgement , it doesn’t take a genius to see that Kavanaugh is a fucking liar ! You believe him that’s on you I wouldn’t trust him with my dog or beer !
    It isn’t what I believe, it is what can be proven.  A strange concept to some of you is that an individual has the right to due process.
    Not in every facet of life.. not in a confirmation hearing.  There's nothing in the Constitution or case law to support your statement.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,106
    edited September 2018
    unsung said:

You just keep sinking lower and lower. How can you defend this worthless pile of crap?

If you recall, I have always been in defence of you and insisted to the masses that your perspective is an important one. Now, however, I need to tell you that your indefensible. You've gone far past the threshold of what is common decency (and common sense for that matter).

That's the shits.
    If he did it, he is a worthless pile of crap. If he didn’t...wel then he is right about a smear campaign working.
    Why would her accusation - backed by a lie detector test and an openness for the FBI to investigate - together with other women having similar accusations - and him clearly lying about things like "devils triangle" etc and throwing out conspiracy theories under the hearing not lead to a pause?

Whether Ford is some Lex Luthor-kind of mastermind trying to stop him by planting stuff with her therapist years back, or not.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
  • Options
    Flake grew some kind of balls? FBI investigation seems to have been okeyed?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

There’s no statute of limitations in Maryland for sex crimes. After an FBI investigation, Dr. Ford could walk into a police station, make a statement that she was sexually assaulted and the DA would determin, via presentation of evidence to a grand jury, of which, one would think, the results of the FBI investigation would be presented. The grand jury would determine if enough evidence is presented that sufficiently indicates whether a crime has been committed and if so, Kavanaugh would be indicted and the DA would press charges. If the grand jury wasn’t convinced, no indictment. There’s your due process. What’s Kavanaugh afraid of?
    Negative.. attempted rape was a misdemeanor in 1982, with a one year statute.  There is no legal process to investigate this claim.  It's time barred now.  
  • Options
    Has no one talked about Flake's deal?  As the great philosopher Leonard Kravitz once said, "it ain't over till it's over"..  

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/28/flake-will-vote-to-confirm-kavanaugh-to-the-supreme-court-851291
  • Options
    dignin said:

The (swedish) regulator, Reklamombudsmannen, said the image objectified women by showing the man's "appreciative reaction".

It was also "sexually discriminatory" towards men by "imparting a stereotype picture of men looking at women as being interchangeable".

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45653519

:P 

• Options
    unsung said:
    You are projecting like Trump. What you say here is really about you.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    unsung said:

Don't you have "period of limitation" on crimes? If you have that, then what would going to the police do?

This is a job interview and about someone being fit for the job or not - this is not about putting someone in jail. 

Would you hire someone who has 5 accusers of sexual crimes against him/her to babysit your kids? Or would you scream about "due process" then too?

"Did you let that person watch our kids?!?!?  

But due process dear. We must think about due process. Should we bring out some beer and play a little devils triangle. Just watch out for my boofs because I ate pea soup for lunch"

Please.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    unsung said:
    Why is it impossible for you to believe this warrant an investigation and not to rush someone through that has this cloud hanging over him?

What is the problem with pausing and waiting and getting some answers?

• Options
    unsung said:
    Why is it impossible for you to believe this warrant an investigation and not to rush someone through that has this cloud hanging over him?

What is the problem with pausing and waiting and getting some answers?

Because anyone who watched Kavanaugh's testimony yesterday knows that "waiting and getting some answers" wouldn't be in Kavanaugh's (and thus, the republican party's) best interest. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    dignin said:

The (swedish) regulator, Reklamombudsmannen, said the image objectified women by showing the man's "appreciative reaction".

It was also "sexually discriminatory" towards men by "imparting a stereotype picture of men looking at women as being interchangeable".

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45653519

:P 

Haha.
  • Options
    GOP agrees to a week long delay for an investigation.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    GOP agrees to a week long delay for an investigation.
    And why wouldn't they? Nothing will come of the investigation because other than conducting interviews, what can the FBI do?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    So I don't know whom to believe in the two testimonies that I saw.

Some of the arguments are weak too.

What I did see and no one on here has mentioned it was how Kavanagh mentioned his work history.  Flying around in AF1 many times.  Tutelage under the other conservative SC judges.

Lastly, if he does believe it was indeed a witch hunt (Kavanagh) by the Dems and the left, then why would he ever side or vote any other way than to the right?!?

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    The only way any FBI investigation will have any teeth to it, instead of being a gigantic circle jerk, is if they get to question Mark Judge. Everything else is meaningless.