Options

Kavanaugh

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    My point being, this faux social media outrage with their tweet and this thread will wake the silent majority again.  And they will show up in 2020 and assure that Trump wins again.  Pick your battles wisely, this is not one of them.
    I think sexual assault is a "wise" and righteous battle myself, you a big fan of rapists?
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,279
    my2hands said:
    My point being, this faux social media outrage with their tweet and this thread will wake the silent majority again.  And they will show up in 2020 and assure that Trump wins again.  Pick your battles wisely, this is not one of them.
    I think sexual assault is a "wise" and righteous battle myself, you a big fan of rapists?

I think you are my favorite person today.

I'm not a "progressive." I'm all about civil rights and human rights. I've long believed that the only reason -- well, the main reason -- we live in social groups is to protect the members of those groups who are less able or unable to protect themselves. If we fail to do that, we fail as a society. This is why we (ought to, and usually do) protect children and the elderly and the disabled; I imagine it's why many good people of conscience so vigorously oppose abortion.

Sexual assault Is. Not. About. Sex. It's about power, and abuse of power. Failure to value and believe the stories of people who claim they were assaulted, failure to create a culture in which this behavior doesn't happen, these are fundamental social failings. There is nothing "faux" about telling privileged, entitled men, loud and clear, that droit du seigneur no longer is a thing.

Yes, I know men who have been falsely accused. I also know men who have been assaulted. And I know dozens and dozens of women who have been assaulted. As a society, we have to do better.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    unsung said:

You just keep sinking lower and lower. How can you defend this worthless pile of crap?

If you recall, I have always been in defence of you and insisted to the masses that your perspective is an important one. Now, however, I need to tell you that your indefensible. You've gone far past the threshold of what is common decency (and common sense for that matter).

That's the shits.
    If he did it, he is a worthless pile of crap. If he didn’t...wel then he is right about a smear campaign working.

You really think she's gone through all this effort to make things tough for the guy? And that she acted brilliantly to come across as credible? And that based on what we know of him... Kavanagh is a really sweet guy and something like this seems way too far out of character?

Come on, man.
    What in my statement has you saying c’mon man? Wbat about that statement is wrong?

I had been thinking about something and then I read an article about it as well. What if both are telling the truth. Their truth. Entirely possible as he might not remember at all and that is why he is so defensive.

If that is true though, then he committed a crime. And yes, if we are talking opinion, I believe her. Already stated as much.  But I find it really annoying people discussing him being u hinged etc cause you all would be too if in his shoes and you didn’t do it. To expect a certain behavior from either the accuser or the accusee is pretty bad in this situation. Emotions are raw.

I agree with you. So many comments here and all over social media just got too annoying. 
    I've been shocked at what I've seen, people who pretend to take the high ground act worse than those they oppose. I few pages ago on this thread I saw people saying they hope all republicans die. Seriously?
    The attacks that are made just because you might believe the person they don't is ridiculous. 
    I believe Dr Ford was telling her truth. I have questions how accurate it was, but I do believe she believed it to be the truth. I also found nothing new that added new credibility to the story, the same holes and questions are still there.
    I hope no one ever looks at my high school yearbook and judges me as an adult on it. I wasn't popular with the girls in high school (or later in life for that matter) but friends still wrote sex jokes in there. I barely drank or did anything like that, but again, some friends had heir saying they thought were funny and would have you question that. To hold someone accountable for what a 16 or 17 year old boy write in a high school year book 40 years ago just seems like they are stretching.
    One thing that I have no doubt of is the democrats completely used her for their gain. I don't think they helped her fabricate a story, but the way they played this was not to get to the truth, but they played it as a smear campaign, waited until as late as possible in the race, and that is blindingly obvious. The timing and the leak that Feinstein blamed on Dr. Ford and her friends was played perfectly for this purpose. I also have very little doubt the republicans would have done the same if they were in that position too.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mace1229 said:
    unsung said:

You just keep sinking lower and lower. How can you defend this worthless pile of crap?

If you recall, I have always been in defence of you and insisted to the masses that your perspective is an important one. Now, however, I need to tell you that your indefensible. You've gone far past the threshold of what is common decency (and common sense for that matter).

That's the shits.
    If he did it, he is a worthless pile of crap. If he didn’t...wel then he is right about a smear campaign working.

You really think she's gone through all this effort to make things tough for the guy? And that she acted brilliantly to come across as credible? And that based on what we know of him... Kavanagh is a really sweet guy and something like this seems way too far out of character?

Come on, man.
    What in my statement has you saying c’mon man? Wbat about that statement is wrong?

I had been thinking about something and then I read an article about it as well. What if both are telling the truth. Their truth. Entirely possible as he might not remember at all and that is why he is so defensive.

If that is true though, then he committed a crime. And yes, if we are talking opinion, I believe her. Already stated as much.  But I find it really annoying people discussing him being u hinged etc cause you all would be too if in his shoes and you didn’t do it. To expect a certain behavior from either the accuser or the accusee is pretty bad in this situation. Emotions are raw.

I agree with you. So many comments here and all over social media just got too annoying. 
    I've been shocked at what I've seen, people who pretend to take the high ground act worse than those they oppose. I few pages ago on this thread I saw people saying they hope all republicans die. Seriously?
    The attacks that are made just because you might believe the person they don't is ridiculous. 
    I believe Dr Ford was telling her truth. I have questions how accurate it was, but I do believe she believed it to be the truth. I also found nothing new that added new credibility to the story, the same holes and questions are still there.
    I hope no one ever looks at my high school yearbook and judges me as an adult on it. I wasn't popular with the girls in high school (or later in life for that matter) but friends still wrote sex jokes in there. I barely drank or did anything like that, but again, some friends had heir saying they thought were funny and would have you question that. To hold someone accountable for what a 16 or 17 year old boy write in a high school year book 40 years ago just seems like they are stretching.
    One thing that I have no doubt of is the democrats completely used her for their gain. I don't think they helped her fabricate a story, but the way they played this was not to get to the truth, but they played it as a smear campaign, waited until as late as possible in the race, and that is blindingly obvious. The timing and the leak that Feinstein blamed on Dr. Ford and her friends was played perfectly for this purpose. I also have very little doubt the republicans would have done the same if they were in that position too.
    Funny, nowhere in your comment did I hear about the holes in Kavanagh's story, or the lies.

Stop pretending you are an impartial opinion here.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mace1229 said:
    unsung said:

That's the shits.

Come on, man.

Funny, nowhere in your comment did I hear about the holes in Kavanagh's story, or the lies.

Stop pretending you are an impartial opinion here.
    That’s pretty funny cause I think most others are very much not impartial here...so why call out this poster? Oh cause they disagree with you.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    mace1229 said:
    unsung said:

That's the shits.

Come on, man.

You believed that Ford believed it?  Yet you side with Kavanaugh.

The only hole in her story was that the three people she named as being at the party said that they didn't remember the party.  They didn't say "that  never happened" which is what Kavanaugh repeated over and over (which should tell you something).  Try to remember a high school party that you were at.  Now 35 years later imagine someone said they were sexually assaulted at that party.  If you weren't in the room with them how would you know?  So of course the three people she mentioned as being at the party (who weren't in the room with her during the assault) would say that they did not remember the party or the assault.

The yearbook is significant because it is another lie.  He knows what "boof"ing is.  He knows what they were referring to with "Renate Alumnus"....yet he played it off as some friendly bullshit about farting and friendship with a female.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    unsung said:

That's the shits.

Come on, man.

Would you lie about the contents of your high school year book if it was asked of you in a job interview? Would you become defensive and belligerent in your responses?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    So I'm reading that Lindsay Graham is angling for the Attorney General position. I'm also reading that Jeff Flake plans to be a lobbyist and you can't tick people off if you're going to lobby them. ugh. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I'm from the 80s and we used to call people like Brett #prepschoolpuke .

Poor Privileged Brett.   Women will NEVER vote for that.   EVER.  Stupid. 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Kat said:
    So I'm reading that Lindsay Graham is angling for the Attorney General position. I'm also reading that Jeff Flake plans to be a lobbyist and you can't tick people off if you're going to lobby them. ugh. 
    This makes sense.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,562
    edited September 2018
    Everyone here knows that if the election had gone differently and this was a Clinton nominee that the old white male christians on Capitol Hill would be screaming for his neck.
    And so would the conservatives on here.
  • Options
    I like beer.

Fuck you.
  • Options
    carry on
  • Options
    Kat said:
    I'm not surprised.  Flake has been the biggest piece of shit yet.  Reminds me of Sasse.

Graham has been unusually brown nosing tRump recently so that doesn't surprise me either.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Kavanaugh is a fucking liar and the whole GOP is in bed with him ..he will be a deciding factor for my Daughter’s daughter and her daughter after her all Republicans make me sick !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I worked my butt off cutting those lawns.  And lifting.  For football practice and whatnot.
  • Options
    Tiki said:

Man, I wish you were right. But I've seen too many comments, from women, about how "real" victims don't act that way, or, it's not like she was raped, so what's the big deal? And I say this as a woman. :-( :angry::anguished: 

I have seen stats saying that women are fleeing the GOP, though (as they should!). I hope that trend continues.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Tiki said:

Man, I wish you were right. But I've seen too many comments, from women, about how "real" victims don't act that way, or, it's not like she was raped, so what's the big deal? And I say this as a woman. :-( :angry::anguished: 

I have seen stats saying that women are fleeing the GOP, though (as they should!). I hope that trend continues.
    Yeah I've got a facebook "friend" that's a woman that posts unbelievable shit...memes where Kavanaugh is like god, etc.

• Options
    Tiki said:

I wish I was right as well.  

It's hard work being righteous.
  • Options
    Sen. Donnelly from Indiana is a "no." And I just burst into tears when I saw that. Sorry for any typos, not seeing very well right now.
  • Options
    We knew a conservative piece of shit was going to be on the SC.  At a minimum this will get more dem voters out in November.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,562
    Tiki said:

Yeah I've got a facebook "friend" that's a woman that posts unbelievable shit...memes where Kavanaugh is like god, etc.
    It always amazes me the women who support these kinds of men
  • Options
    Who here would leave their daughter, sister, wife, mother or female friend alone in a room with a bed, music, Kavanaugh and a case of beer?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Kat said:
    I'm not surprised.  Flake has been the biggest piece of shit yet.  Reminds me of Sasse.

Graham has been unusually brown nosing tRump recently so that doesn't surprise me either.
    Yeah, for some reason I was holding out hope for Flake. Misplaced hope, apparently. He's just another douche trying to play both sides. And agree about Lindsay. After finishing Woodward's new book Fear, I am not surprised by Graham's behavior. I didn't realize just how far up Trump's ass he is until I read that book. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Who here would leave their daughter, sister, wife, mother or female friend alone in a room with a bed, music, Kavanaugh and a case of beer?

I am, in all seriousness, worried about his wife.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    I wouldn't leave him with a case of beer.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,221
    The fact he morphed into Trump yesterday is pretty pathetic....

he says his daughter prayed for Dr.Ford... prayed for what exactly?? ( no shade to his daughter, I just think he’s using a lil girl as a prop)  For the sick woman to get help for her dillusuons or for the sexual assault woman to get justice?

so much horseshit from the right

i feel I gotta keep up with what’s going on in the world, but I’m not gonna lie, it’s depressing as all hell

not because my Team isn’t in power( I was for Bernie) and realize the Dems aren’t all that great.... but because a younger generation will view this Shit as THE WAY to get ahead

lie, cheat, steal, commit treason... whatever it takes 

I don’t see too much light ahead of us... I hope I’m wrong
  • Options
    Seriously?  Who here would leave ANYONE in a room with a man they didn't know and beer and a bed and music?  No one.

That is the thing though, NO ONE here knows this man.  I hope when each of your time comes to be judged, it is not solely judged on what you did in high school.
  • Options
    According to Ted Cruz, doctor Ford should have kept a calendar and nothing could have been known about Kavanaugh prior to the hearings, thus any opposition prior to was a political hit job. The guys given multiple, over 10, speeches to the Heritage Foundation and his decisions from the bench are public record from day one. We’re not stupid Ted.

#standuptostupid

Brilliantati©
  • Options

I am, in all seriousness, worried about his wife.
    You, in all seriousness, cannot be serious?