Comments

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Old habits die hard, it seems. Once again some are putting the onus on the women to stop men’s behaviour. ”Why did the women hang around and let this happen?” “Why didn’t they just walk out and refuse to go to any other parties?”  “Why didn’t they report it to their parents or the police”. 

Why didn’t actresses just refuse to meet with Harvey Weinstein? Because they all knew that was what you had to do, to get work, and they didn’t see any way of changing the system. 

Why don’t female employees and executives just refuse to go along with workplace harassment? Because they all know that is what you have to do to keep your job, and they didn’t see any way of changing the system. 

Why didn’t female students just walk out of parties, report the harassment to their parents and teaches and police? Because they all knew that is what you put up with from men to be accepted, and they didn’t see any way of changing the system. 

Why is it always up to the women to stop men’s behaviour? 
    I dont agree with that, not to this extreme.
    Sure, some rude behavior, maybe some touching even. But a full on line of guys waiting their turn for a rape?
    I have to ask myself what is more plausible:
    That this third accusation is accurate and that hundreds of people were aware, men and women, that multiple girls were getting raped by dozens of men on a regular basis and not a single one of them were decent enough of human beings to report a gang rape, or that this story is at best exaggerated or possible made up?
    I just don't buy the "rat" defense, high school students, even in the 80s, knew that a gang rape was wrong. You could maybe scare 1 or 2 witnesses into silence, but not hundreds as described.
    I'm not saying I know she's making this up, but I can say there are parts of this story that don't add up to me and make me question it.
    Where are you getting the "hundreds" number from? Its not likely that there were hundreds of witnesses 35 or 36 years ago. Georgetown Prep has a current boarding and day school enrollment of 491 students. Holten Arms has a current enrollment of 655 students in grades 1 through 12. How do you know "hundreds of people were aware?" Ever been to a house or frat party, or any party with hundreds of people? Ever notice how there were multiple smaller parties going on in different parts of the house, field, room, basement, woods, etc.?

Some people seem to lack life experience, are completely unaware of the psychology and sociology behind human behavior or just don't want to believe women. Or, if they're not convicted in a court of law, there is no validity to the allegations. Was Bill Clinton convicted? Yet y'all so willingly view him as guilty as charged. And give Trump a pass.
    I just reread her statement. I thought she said hundreds at the party. She didnt, she didn't say how many were at the parties. But taking into account that others had described these parties with numbers into the hundreds, that she described a "train of numerous boys" in line, by all accounts most of these give the impression of very large parties. I have to assume not every boy at the party was in on the raping, and there was more than 1 or 2 girls showing up.  So it would be same to put the numbers in several dozen. SO my point remains the same, even if 30 people at a party instead of 100. How do 20 witnesses see a gang rape and be okay with it on a regular basis? 
    Who says that they were okay with it? How does someone commit a gang rape and be okay with it on a regular basis?

(I lied, I stayed)
    My opinion, if you are aware that a train of numerous boys gang rape a girl and yu say and do nothing, and you continue to attend said parties, then that means you are okay with it.

My opinion is that you have no idea how anyone felt about it.
    And who would they tell and how did they know a gang rape would occur at this particular party. A couple of guys hanging around outside a bedroom door, you can shove that stuff way down into your subconscious cause you know that if you tell, you are next. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Old habits die hard, it seems. Once again some are putting the onus on the women to stop men’s behaviour. ”Why did the women hang around and let this happen?” “Why didn’t they just walk out and refuse to go to any other parties?”  “Why didn’t they report it to their parents or the police”. 

Why didn’t actresses just refuse to meet with Harvey Weinstein? Because they all knew that was what you had to do, to get work, and they didn’t see any way of changing the system. 

Why don’t female employees and executives just refuse to go along with workplace harassment? Because they all know that is what you have to do to keep your job, and they didn’t see any way of changing the system. 

Why didn’t female students just walk out of parties, report the harassment to their parents and teaches and police? Because they all knew that is what you put up with from men to be accepted, and they didn’t see any way of changing the system. 

Sure, some rude behavior, maybe some touching even. But a full on line of guys waiting their turn for a rape?
    That this third accusation is accurate and that hundreds of people were aware, men and women, that multiple girls were getting raped by dozens of men on a regular basis and not a single one of them were decent enough of human beings to report a gang rape, or that this story is at best exaggerated or possible made up?
    I just don't buy the "rat" defense, high school students, even in the 80s, knew that a gang rape was wrong. You could maybe scare 1 or 2 witnesses into silence, but not hundreds as described.
    I'm not saying I know she's making this up, but I can say there are parts of this story that don't add up to me and make me question it.
    Where are you getting the "hundreds" number from? Its not likely that there were hundreds of witnesses 35 or 36 years ago. Georgetown Prep has a current boarding and day school enrollment of 491 students. Holten Arms has a current enrollment of 655 students in grades 1 through 12. How do you know "hundreds of people were aware?" Ever been to a house or frat party, or any party with hundreds of people? Ever notice how there were multiple smaller parties going on in different parts of the house, field, room, basement, woods, etc.?

Some people seem to lack life experience, are completely unaware of the psychology and sociology behind human behavior or just don't want to believe women. Or, if they're not convicted in a court of law, there is no validity to the allegations. Was Bill Clinton convicted? Yet y'all so willingly view him as guilty as charged. And give Trump a pass.
    I just reread her statement. I thought she said hundreds at the party. She didnt, she didn't say how many were at the parties. But taking into account that others had described these parties with numbers into the hundreds, that she described a "train of numerous boys" in line, by all accounts most of these give the impression of very large parties. I have to assume not every boy at the party was in on the raping, and there was more than 1 or 2 girls showing up.  So it would be same to put the numbers in several dozen. SO my point remains the same, even if 30 people at a party instead of 100. How do 20 witnesses see a gang rape and be okay with it on a regular basis? 
    Who says that they were okay with it? How does someone commit a gang rape and be okay with it on a regular basis?

(I lied, I stayed)
    My opinion, if you are aware that a train of numerous boys gang rape a girl and yu say and do nothing, and you continue to attend said parties, then that means you are okay with it.

Refresh my memory, did you vote for Trump? Maybe you get where I'm going with this if so...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

(I lied, I stayed)

You seem to just be ignoring what people are saying about this. :confused:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Trump says accusations of sexual misconduct against him affect his view of Kavanaugh accusers

By Washington Post Staff
    September 26 at 5:48 PM

President Trump was pressed by reporters about the allegations of sexual impropriety against Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh.

“Well, it does impact my opinion, you know why? Because I’ve had a lot of false charges made against me,” Trump said at a news conference Wednesday. “So when I see it I view it differently than somebody sitting at home watching television.”

Trump defended Kavanaugh but raised the possibility that he could be persuaded to withdraw the nomination based on the testimony from one of Kavanaugh’s accusers on Thursday.
    This is a developing story. It will be updated.

:angry:

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    -
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

(I lied, I stayed)

What do you consider “a train of numerous boys?” How many in that train? How do you think they line up? With their dicks out? If you saw said line, would you know it was a train, either back then or today? While it may have been obvious to the woman making the claim, it may not have been obvious to other potential witnesses. You seem to expect everyone to be keen or knowledgeable about what goes on at house parties. The woman making the allegation was older, maybe 19 or 20 at the time. Why do you think college upper class men guys invite freshman girls to their parties?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Question: she knows these guys are drugging and gang raping girls in 1981... and she continues to hang out with them, becoming a victim herself in 1982? 

What am I missing?

You know it has no bearing on this SCOTUS appointment but it is a very good question to be asking her (ask to understand).  Cause that is some seriously scaring shit right there.  Knowing what is going on and continually putting yourself at risk....scary indeed.
    It's common, not unusual. You can find girls who do this in literally every high school and college in America.
    I gotta ask, is it really common for girls to think guys are drugging or getting girls drunk, locking them in a room and guys lining up outside the room each taking a turn?  That doesn;t seem common at all to me.  I'm sure the drugging/alcohol could probably be called common...but gang bangs?  Really?  Without any girls saying anything?  I sure hope that's not common.  And it's what has me interested in her perspective as to why she and no one else said anything.
    Do you remember the prevalence of the “date rape drug” sexual assaults that were happening a few years back and how the issue evolved from classifying it as a drug and eventually making it a felony to possess and use it in the fashion to how it was used? Women were being raped left and right and because the women had no recollection of what or who, guys were getting away with rape like crazy. The laws changed, huge PR campaign, education efforts on the danger and now, it’s not nearly the problem it once was.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    i can't figure out the damn url function.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    njnancy said:
    What are you trying to do?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

(I lied, I stayed)

Refresh my memory, did you vote for Trump? Maybe you get where I'm going with this if so...
    Let me guess, you voted for Hilary? The same one who attacked her husnamd’s victims and stood by and supported him?
    Youre wrong, I don’t see where going with this.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    What are you trying to do?
    Post an article but the body of it, not just the url. Vanity Fair - Culture of Fear - Emily Jane Fox
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    edited September 2018
    I usually copy the title of the article, and then highlight that, copy the URL and paste it into the link box (click the link button to get the box). Like this:

“I WAS ASHAMED”: AFTER FORD’S ACCUSATION, A GENERATION OF HOLTON-ARMS ALUMNAE WRESTLE WITH THEIR OWN TRUTHS—TOGETHER

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    I usually copy the title of the article, and then highlight that, copy the URL and paste it into the link box (click the link button to get the box). Like this:

“I WAS ASHAMED”: AFTER FORD’S ACCUSATION, A GENERATION OF HOLTON-ARMS ALUMNAE WRESTLE WITH THEIR OWN TRUTHS—TOGETHER

I did the copy and paste in the url box but it only printed the url - this is the article though - thank you.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

(I lied, I stayed)

You asked. Sorry you didn’t like my honest answer.
    If they didn’t know then that’s a different story.
    But from the few who have described these parties I’ve goten the impression that this was common and normal and therefore no secret. Maybe I read too much into that, but if that’s true then I stand by my answer.
    For the record I haven’t once defended judge K, just stated that there seems to be enough holes in some of the stories to make me ask questions. It seems like some don’t want any questions to be asked, just let mob rule instead.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

If you read the article in the The New Yorker you will hear about how Mark Judge confessed to his then girlfriend of 3 years that he was involved in a"train" on a girl in that time period. All of this shit adds up.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

(I lied, I stayed)

But from the few who have described these parties I’ve goten the impression that this was common and normal and therefore no secret. Maybe I read too much into that, but if that’s true then I stand by my answer.
    For the record I haven’t once defended judge K, just stated that there seems to be enough holes in some of the stories to make me ask questions. It seems like some don’t want any questions to be asked, just let mob rule instead.
    People are telling you their own experiences in these situations. Multiple people have explained how they felt, the culture of the time, how they were not okay with it. People may know that something is going on but not really know. As a person gets older they look back and see things in a clearer light. There is no mob rule, there is debate. But in debate there should come a point when you read what multiple people say they lived through and think that maybe you didn't have that experience and so maybe you can't understand. Or you can say we are all full of shit. Doesn't change my reality. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

(I lied, I stayed)

Let me guess, you voted for Hilary? The same one who attacked her husnamd’s victims and stood by and supported him?
    Youre wrong, I don’t see where going with this.
    So the pattern seems to be that you put the onus on the women when men behave badly. Thanks for clarifying. I suppose we could just says both sides here too and call it good.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Question: she knows these guys are drugging and gang raping girls in 1981... and she continues to hang out with them, becoming a victim herself in 1982? 

What am I missing?

You know it has no bearing on this SCOTUS appointment but it is a very good question to be asking her (ask to understand).  Cause that is some seriously scaring shit right there.  Knowing what is going on and continually putting yourself at risk....scary indeed.
    It's common, not unusual. You can find girls who do this in literally every high school and college in America.
    I gotta ask, is it really common for girls to think guys are drugging or getting girls drunk, locking them in a room and guys lining up outside the room each taking a turn?  That doesn;t seem common at all to me.  I'm sure the drugging/alcohol could probably be called common...but gang bangs?  Really?  Without any girls saying anything?  I sure hope that's not common.  And it's what has me interested in her perspective as to why she and no one else said anything.
    I was at a party where this happened.  She wasn't drugged, but was blasted. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

(I lied, I stayed)

You know who doesn’t want questions asked? I’ll help you out: Judge Kavanaugh, Senator Grassley, Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Team Trump Treason, the repub party and Mark Judge. They’re the ones that don’t want questions asked and certainly not questions asked by the FBI. Yea, mob rule.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

What am I missing?

You've never been to a frat party, have you?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

(I lied, I stayed)

You know who doesn’t want questions asked? I’ll help you out: Judge Kavanaugh, Senator Grassley, Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Team Trump Treason, the repub party and Mark Judge. They’re the ones that don’t want questions asked and certainly not questions asked by the FBI. Yea, mob rule.
    Yes the Republicans are so interested in the truth,  they have refused to call Judge to testify, under oath,  even though he was allegedly in the room.  Wonder why they wouldn't?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    A few things to consider for those looking with a pair of far right or far left sunglasses ... 1) You would have to be an insane person to have been behind a rape gang in high school and then decide to accept a supreme court nomination knowing the scrutiny you would come under.  2)  It would suggest that democratic, republican, and nonpartisan people involved in the vetting process are incompetent beyond logical comprehension to the point they should have their future job applications rejected at Arbys.

But look at how the GOP has sheltered his information from the beginning.  None of the sexual assault allegations would have been part of that but they definitely shielded a lot of his documents from review prior to confirmation hearings.
    Would it make sense for a party, either past or present, to carefully vet a supreme court candidate and nominate any person that they know was behind a rape gang in high school thinking they could shield that from coming forward at some point?  It is plausible that he engaged in sexual assault with a woman in his past and was able to keep that concealed but being behind a rape gang? 

This has gone from an alleged sexual assault behind closed doors, to flapping penises in peoples faces in front of multiple witnesses, to being behind an orchestrated gang rape gang in a matter of a few weeks.  I'm kind of interested that they delay the nomination a few more weeks to see how this is one-upped.

At least we will have some resemblance of disclosure when Ford testifies tomorrow.
    So you've never been to a frat party, or seen Animal House, Porky's, etc...
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Name a college administration that has not covered up a rape accusation against a star athlete and I'll call you a liar. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,880
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    4th and 5th potential victims and/or witnesses to Kavanaugh’s questionable behavior. Yup, nothing to see here.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149
    Hey anyone want to gamble? I say he’s our newest Supreme Court judge because the smear is laughable to anyone who knows how the left works.

I’ll bet a PJ shirt, unwashed, unworn.  It from early 2000’s I’d say or maybe late 90’s.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Hey anyone want to gamble? I say he’s our newest Supreme Court judge because the smear is laughable to anyone who knows how the left works.

I’ll bet a PJ shirt, unwashed, unworn.  It from early 2000’s I’d say or maybe late 90’s.
    It’s all just a bunch of pissed off lying dem women, huh? How the “left” works? Who’s afraid of the FBI? Boo!

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Man, I don't know why they didn't think of this for Gorsuch. That poor Roy Moore guy too. Women are the devil. Too bad you weren't around to help keep slavery going, stop the 19th amendment and curb that BS civil rights movement. Keep 'em in line.

• Options

It’s all just a bunch of pissed off lying dem women, huh? How the “left” works? Who’s afraid of the FBI? Boo!
    Well are ya gonna bet me or just flap your guns more?
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Man, I don't know why they didn't think of this for Gorsuch. That poor Roy Moore guy too. Women are the devil. Too bad you weren't around to help keep slavery going, stop the 19th amendment and curb that BS civil rights movement. Keep 'em in line.

Tldr.  

Yawn.  Bet something if I’m so crazy.  People are tired of reading your nonsense.