Options

Trade gone south...

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    If he would have done as instructed the record sent would have been in damaged packaging. The remedy is the insurance claim. Receiver got nothing, you got $50
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    mlrega said:
    Cool....

It is I... the demon trader.  
    There are lessons learned all around.  Yes....I should have added additional insurance...my bad.  Second, don't try to help out a new trader who says they don't have record mailers by saying you can use the one you send.  I mailed the records in the same box vault 4 came in, with an additional record mailer inside for stability, then wrapped them in additional plastic in case they got wet somehow.  They were properly packaged....better than the vast majority of records you receive in the mail... but no amount of packaging will save something if a mail truck runs it over. 

The Backspacer was sealed.... and now it isn't....  I sent the records we agree to trade... TFlyer didn't.  

I am not a new trader, I have never had an issue like this before. I told you that I didn't have a vinyl specific mailer but I would be sending them in something well packaged with double bubble wrap and as I have stated and have the messages to prove all of this you told me to reuse your mailer. I asked if you were sure you wanted me to do this and you never confirmed. 

THE ONLY REASON I DIDNT SEND ANYTHING IS YOU NEVER CONTACTED ME TELLING ME YOU SENT YOUR ITEMS. You contacted me only 5 days later after yours arrived damaged and got mad that I asked why you didn't bubble wrap them. 

You are getting $50 from the claim that more than covers any cost of what a backspacer is worth. I have said this now to you numerous times. 

You wouldn't even rationally talk to me about me sending your items back to you, you just want my beatles vinyl which is worth hundreds (in the condition it's in) and for me to deal with this mess I recieved. I am not going to engage with you any more.
  • Options
    If he would have done as instructed the record sent would have been in damaged packaging. The remedy is the insurance claim. Receiver got nothing, you got $50
    He was arguing for me to still send my rare beatles vinyl which is worth hundreds and i tried to explain to him that I don't feel that would be fair on my end but I don't think this will ever end with me being viewed as rational by him
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I should probably say for the record the last message he sent me before I didn't hear from him for 5 days (which he then got nasty at me for trying to get in contact and told me "not all people live on the internet") included this....

[deleted]

So naturally I wanted to be sure he actually shipped his items and that the trade was still valid because I had not heard from him for days and had no way of knowing what was going on, but apparently I am in the wrong in his mind for trying to find that out, because he got mad at me for that. 

Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    3 things to do when trading vinyl worth anything-

1-get insurance- it only costs you like 5 bucks max.

2-wrap it in more bubble wrap and cardboard reinforcers than you think is necessary so if shit goes pear shaped you at least have no blame on your packing job.

3-get pics!  People call things near mint that aren’t.  There’s either sealed or open, not both.  People call things VG+ that are garbage.  People tell you there’s “shelf wear” that looks like it got dragged behind a truck.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

2-wrap it in more bubble wrap and cardboard reinforcers than you think is necessary so if shit goes pear shaped you at least have no blame on your packing job.

3-get pics!  People call things near mint that aren’t.  There’s either sealed or open, not both.  People call things VG+ that are garbage.  People tell you there’s “shelf wear” that looks like it got dragged behind a truck.

I always put stuff I am mailing in bubble wrap, I had my vinyl double wrapped ready to go to him. I even wrapped his in bubble wrap to return to him even though it is already damaged...

I am not going to debate the status of what was or wasn't the condition of the vinyl anymore, the pictures were exactly as I received them and I will always firmly believe that I had every right to return these items to him, and his lack of communication played a big issue in this as did him getting mad at me when I tried to figure out what was going on, if the items had been shipped, and why he wasn't contacting me...
  • Options
    TFlyer said:

I always put stuff I am mailing in bubble wrap, I had my vinyl double wrapped ready to go to him. I even wrapped his in bubble wrap to return to him even though it is already damaged...

I am not going to debate the status of what was or wasn't the condition of the vinyl anymore, the pictures were exactly as I received them and I will always firmly believe that I had every right to return these items to him, and his lack of communication played a big issue in this as did him getting mad at me when I tried to figure out what was going on, if the items had been shipped, and why he wasn't contacting me...
    I think RMIIB's post was more aimed towards the other party, at least that's how I read it
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Pack your shit up tighter than a jar of fucking homemade Speedy McCready pickles. Prepare for water, prepare for some negligent USPS asshole to sit on your fucking box, etc., etc., Don't skimp. Buy a box of proper LP mailers and shipping boxes. It's worth the investment if you give a shit about trading/selling on this forum and other places, TRUST ME. You don't want to re-use old shit, most boxes were made like a condoms, ONE TIME USE ONLY, PLEASE.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Pack your shit up tighter than a jar of fucking homemade Speedy McCready pickles. Prepare for water, prepare for some negligent USPS asshole to sit on your fucking box, etc., etc., Don't skimp. Buy a box of proper LP mailers and shipping boxes. It's worth the investment if you give a shit about trading/selling on this forum and other places, TRUST ME. You don't want to re-use old shit, most boxes were made like a condoms, ONE TIME USE ONLY, PLEASE.
    :rofl: that was beautiful thank you

• Options
    TFlyer said:

I think RMIIB's post was more aimed towards the other party, at least that's how I read it
    I didn't mean to come across to seem like I thought I was being attacked or anything, I just wanted to say that I agree about the bubblewrap and that I did rewrap the records before returning them in bubblewrap even though they were already damaged. I also have extensive photos of the damage to them prior to when they were returned/when I first opened them so hopefully this is the end of it. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,752
    Related image
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Yeah it wasn’t directed at you.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Yeah it wasn’t directed at you.
    That was my bad if I misphrased my response, I was agreeing about the bubble wrap and all that, I am in the rare and out of print movie collecting world and I always ship stuff well wrapped so I was chiming in on what you said. Didn't mean for it to seem like I thought you targeted me. I got what you meant, I also just wanted to say that when I reshipped the vinyl to mlrega that I did bubble it unlike what he did. 
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Related image
    :rofl: that episode was too funny! "they should put that on the package" "they do!" :rofl:
  • Options
    TFlyer said:
    He was arguing for me to still send my rare beatles vinyl which is worth hundreds and i tried to explain to him that I don't feel that would be fair on my end but I don't think this will ever end with me being viewed as rational by him
    I understand...I was just going with the logic that you were supposed to send the Beatles record in the packaging that he provided....which was horribly damaged.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    TFlyer said:
    I understand...I was just going with the logic that you were supposed to send the Beatles record in the packaging that he provided....which was horribly damaged.
    He also gets his original vinyl back, so technically he comes out on top. He is getting $50 from the postal service and his original vinyl returned to him (which yes I opened the backspacer) but I still sent his vinyl back to him so he can decide to do with it whatever he wants and he is getting the claim money so in reality I am the one who is on the worst end of this deal...right? 

I mean I got nothing and he ended up with $50 and his vinyl returned (damaged or not)... 
    Post edited by TFlyer on
  • Options
    mlregamlrega Northern Virginia, USA Posts: 42
    Can you open a sealed record from a record store, then take it back?  Just curious...
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    mlrega said:
    Can you open a sealed record from a record store, then take it back?  Just curious...
    Are you seriously still ragging on this? You are getting $50 and you can buy a new sealed backspacer vinyl for $19.99. Stop being so ridiculous about this. I apologized for it being opened, I will post that message in this thread if you feel it's necessary. I really don't understand your fixation on this. You are getting $50 to reimburse you for your damages so just move on. 

If you received a vinyl that scratched up you wouldn't be happy about it either and if you say otherwise everyone on here knows that it isn't true. And yes if you got a damaged item from a store you COULD return it.  
    Post edited by TFlyer on
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Im still trying to figure one thing out.   A rare Beatles record for a black Backspacer?   
  • Options
    Im still trying to figure one thing out.   A rare Beatles record for a black Backspacer?   
    it was for a backspacer, coke bottle ten, and david bowie vinyl. all of which have damage to them but he is fixated on the fact that I opened the sealed black backspacer and found deep scratches on both sides of it and thinks that his $50 insurance claim from the post office and me returning the vinyl to him is screwing him over instead of keeping his damaged vinyl. (there are pictures in the first post) 

The meat of the trade was meant to be the coke ten and due to his packing it took structural damage and I'm sure the vinyl has damage so really I would be the one being screwed in this trade.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Dude. I’ve got a sealed (I think) black Backspacer and sealed coke Ten, but not the Bowie vinyl.  I could work out trade with you if that’s what your looking for.  Not necessarily the Beatles vinyl. Pm me.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    Dude. I’ve got a sealed (I think) black Backspacer and sealed coke Ten, but not the Bowie vinyl.  I could work out trade with you if that’s what your looking for.  Not necessarily the Beatles vinyl. Pm me.
    I don't even care if the backspacer is sealed or not so long as it isn't covered in deep scratches...and I get yelled at for opening it to see that :lol: 
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,797
    PP193448 said:
    good stuff ! ! 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Pretty sure the first batch of Backspacers had flaws from the processing plant. Even the random variant red ones. They reissued new ones, but you had to contact them. So it is actually possible he sent you a damaged one he didn’t know about.  But that wasn’t the case with the Coke Ten.  
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    Pretty sure the first batch of Backspacers had flaws from the processing plant. Even the random variant red ones. They reissued new ones, but you had to contact them. So it is actually possible he sent you a damaged one he didn’t know about.  But that wasn’t the case with the Coke Ten.  
    all the records I got were damaged if you look at the pictures I posted and it was because of the packaging but but he blaims the postal service. He went on about taking the vinyl out of the sleeve to avoid seem splitting and the damn bowie vinyl arrived split anyways...

Whatever it's not my issue anymore they're en route back to him. 
  • Options
    TFlyer said:
    TFlyer said:
    He also gets his original vinyl back, so technically he comes out on top. He is getting $50 from the postal service and his original vinyl returned to him (which yes I opened the backspacer) but I still sent his vinyl back to him so he can decide to do with it whatever he wants and he is getting the claim money so in reality I am the one who is on the worst end of this deal...right? 

I mean I got nothing and he ended up with $50 and his vinyl returned (damaged or not)... 
    Yeah you are in the right.  Goods received were not as described. 

• Options
    TFlyer said:
    TFlyer said:

Yeah you are in the right.  Goods received were not as described. 
    I tried explaining to him if I had ordered it from an online store I could be refunded or return it (which just made him mad) and as you can see from his public post in this thread...he seems to think otherwise on that subject.
  • Options
    ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    PP193448 said:
    It is my understanding you could be mixing up two albums. I remember Lightning Bolt having flaws (released on black and random red). Backspacer, as far as I know, only had releases on black and white.
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    I very much appreciate this offer and I messaged you, I would honestly be happy with a regular Ten or any playable PJ vinyl I don't have. I am also ISO other vinyl. The coke ten was just supposed to be the meat of his trade offer due to the value of my vinyl which was why I was so disappointed in the damage...
  • Options
    Shakescky said:
    PP193448 said:
    It is my understanding you could be mixing up two albums. I remember Lightning Bolt having flaws (released on black and random red). Backspacer, as far as I know, only had releases on black and white.
    I think you are right with this, Lightning Bolt was the one with the random red but again I am not 100% sure don't quote me on it. 
This discussion has been closed.